Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Help!

I've been getting this error whenever trying to install new doc files. Using the same techniques I've always used, and the same .txt to doc converter:

http://www.iconv.com/makedoc.htm

I've literally done this dozens of times, but now regardless of what doc I try to installl it flubs on me. Any clues?

Thanks,
    Are you getting this message when you try to open the file with your doc reader or when you launch the doc reader? What reader are you using?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I use eReader, but the error comes immediately after pressing "Yes" to accepting file while installing it via IR (same if trying to dl off SD card, or email attachment).

I never get the chance to try and open it in a reader.
    Are you certain that the file in question has a pdb or prc extention? Are the names of the files extremely long? Do they contain non standard characters?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    File name = "SJBHandbook.pdb"
    eReader lets you read a doc file from the card; what happens when you try that?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I don't know how/where to put it on the card to make it readable with eReader.
    Earlier, you said, "...same if trying to dl off SD card". How'd it get on the card? The file just needs to be in the /Palm/Launcher or /Palm/Books directory to read it with eReader.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Earlier, you said, "...same if trying to dl off SD card". How'd it get on the card? The file just needs to be in the /Palm/Launcher or /Palm/Books directory to read it with eReader.

To put a file on an SD card one can use Windows Explorer. To download it into the Palm one can use Blazer and file:///<path info>

This technique does not work, giving the same error message as when using the IR beam techique from the PC. I only mentioned this to eliminate the beaming technique as the source of the problem.

I have added the .pdb fie to the Palm/Launcher directory of the SD card, but it is still not openable (visible) from inside eReader.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Figured it out, nevermind