1.    #1  
    I am sorry if this has been answered, but I looked through most of the thread about Wi-Fi and Shadowmite working on the T5 drivers and couldn't find an answer. Did he finally get those to work and if so, what needs to be done for me to get wifi on my Verizon 650? Is it reliable?

Thank for the input!
    Nope, does not work on 650. Wait for the Sled if you are comitted.
    Why will the Verizon phones not work with the WiFi card(s)?? Does it have to do with us not having the ROM Updater for Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Why will the Verizon phones not work with the WiFi card(s)?? Does it have to do with us not having the ROM Updater for Verizon?
    The Palm One SD Wifi hack developed by shadowmite et al, does not work well (it *is* a hack). Palm One has NOT released any drivers for the Palm One SD Wifi card. NO SD Wifi vendor has released Palm OS drivers for their prodcuts. If you want to try the Palm One SD card out with your 650, do a search on treocentral forums for Wifi and 650. You can also visit shadowmite.com and search for wifi+650 to get the steps to do it yourself. Post your results when you do. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by arawak
    The Palm One SD Wifi hack developed by shadowmite et al, does not work well (it *is* a hack). Palm One has NOT released any drivers for the Palm One SD Wifi card. NO SD Wifi vendor has released Palm OS drivers for their prodcuts. If you want to try the Palm One SD card out with your 650, do a search on treocentral forums for Wifi and 650. You can also visit shadowmite.com and search for wifi+650 to get the steps to do it yourself. Post your results when you do. Hope this helps.
    I've got no use for WiFi....but I just convinced my g/f's dad to get a 650 and he was curious if he could get WiFi to work in his office since he doesn't have the data. I thought that since he didn't have to use the data he'd never need to do a hard reset and then restore from the sd card.

Just one more quick question...how is this hack flaky?? does it only work for 10 minutes?? does it spit out tons of error messages and cause soft resets??
    Read up on the threads at shoadowmites site... great info on the hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Read up on the threads at shoadowmites site... great info on the hack.
    I could if I wanted to, but I honestly don't care that much about it...I was just going to pass on the info to her dad, but now I'll just tell him to go read a bajillion words in search of the 10 words he wants to hear.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    To save time reading: Unfortunately it doesn't work as WiFi should and needs to, even on the Sprint phones.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Well for one thing the fact that the WiFI SD card does not work with VZW Treo has nothing to do with Verizon. As specified on the Palm site for the SD WiFI card, it will ONLY work the some of the Tungsten series units and the Zire 72. Their site warns you it will not work with any other unit.

The limitation is by Palm and not Verizon, Sprint or any other wireless company.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    As nuopus points out, the palm site lists that the WiFi SD card will only work with specified models. There are many threads here speculating why Palm has not and may never release any WiFi drivers for the Treo on any carrier.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    As nuopus points out, the palm site lists that the WiFi SD card will only work with specified models. There are many threads here speculating why Palm has not and may never release any WiFi drivers for the Treo on any carrier.
    Maybe its because PalmOne struck a deal with the wireless providers. You know, without WiFI it is more likely people will pay money for the data service. If shadowmite can get the wifi drivers hacked and working perfectly, that only proves there is no technical reason for not providing it.

With companies, every move or lack thereof has a financial goal or motive.