Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief
    thank you it works,i swear i did that last night.i guess it got late here on the east coast.thanks again
    Cool I Am glad it worked! I hope to see some new flash files on this site!

Thanks
    I've tried several ways to install all the files. Everything loads fine except for MMFlashlib.prc, which gives me one of 2 different errors so far:

"Error copy file: Database: Out of Memory. Delete old data or unneeded applications. (Dm 0201)"

..or another one very similar (didn't write it down). These errors are happening when adding this 670K file to a handheld with up to 4MB freed up. Soft resets don't seem to make a difference.

Ideas?

On a related subject, why do some developers build up such useful apps then "orphan" them? Why not put them on the market, or better yet open source or give them to Palmsource.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    I've tried several ways to install all the files. Everything loads fine except for MMFlashlib.prc, which gives me one of 2 different errors so far:

"Error copy file: Database: Out of Memory. Delete old data or unneeded applications. (Dm 0201)"

..or another one very similar (didn't write it down). These errors are happening when adding this 670K file to a handheld with up to 4MB freed up. Soft resets don't seem to make a difference.

Ideas?

On a related subject, why do some developers build up such useful apps then "orphan" them? Why not put them on the market, or better yet open source or give them to Palmsource.

I was getting some errors a while back after a hard reset and I ended up having to delete everything and then resync it, it was that MMflash file that was causing my problem too. Also I am using the UDMH files instead of the TH ones, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I
    ok i got it all installed and everything (i have a palmone tungsten E2) and the program runs and all. but when i try to put a .swf file on the card or the palm itself it tells me the following

ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files. If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation.

Install To Card synchronization failed

if anyone has an idea i'm all ears. maybe a way to put the file on there without hotsync? like an external HD???? thanks for the help -craig
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad

Ideas?
    I copied the prc to ram using Zlauncher fyi. Other earlier in this thread rreported probs trying to use other file managers fyi. I couldn't tell you why though...

Sony has specifically lisenced Flash from macromedia to distinguish their Clie line from Palm's handhelds. (They did a similar lisencing agrrement with Piscel FYI). Palm had inquired about porting Flash to their handhelds, but it did not want to pay for lisencing costs since Macromedia usually doesn't charge for use of Flash on other platforms. However Macromedia wants to target Flash as a multimedia standard for mobiles and has convinced some handset OEM's to lisence their technology. They (Macromedia) basically want to be able to make money per every handset sold with Flash. Personally, I can understand why Palm would not want to lisence thid and I think it's a stupid strategy on Macromedia's part if they truely want to see Flash strengthen as a multimedia standard for mobile handsets...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve4sq
    ok i got it all installed and everything (i have a palmone tungsten E2) and the program runs and all. but when i try to put a .swf file on the card or the palm itself it tells me the following

ERROR: The following file(s) could not be installed to the SecureDigital (SD) Card because there is no application on your handheld to open these files. If you have recently installed such an application, please run that application and then perform a HotSync operation.

Install To Card synchronization failed

if anyone has an idea i'm all ears. maybe a way to put the file on there without hotsync? like an external HD???? thanks for the help -craig

You have to copy the swf files to the card either via card reader or Softick.com's card export fyi...

(edit: just remembered another option is palm file browser. You can find it @ MTDN)

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    thanks i figured it out last night i used PFB wich worked great i have been able to use any flash app so far as long as the filesize is below 1000 k.
    i even have a flash program that emulates "redbox" tones. now my palm is a working redbox!!! great job on this mod.
    How about sharing your "redbox" flash file or a link to it?
    ok i couldnt find the origional site i got it from so i just put it on my website. here is the link http://www.hoo-lair.illustrain.com/redbox.swf for those of you who dont know what a red box is... here is a short description.

When a coin is inserted into a payphone, the payphone emits a set of tones to ACTS (Automated Coin Toll System). Red boxes work by fooling ACTS into believing you have actually put money into the phone. The red box simply plays the ACTS tones into the telephone microphone. ACTS hears those tones, and allows you to place your call. The actual tones are:
    Nickel: 35-160ms 1700hz & 2200hz tone burst, followed by 240ms of silence.
    Dime: Two 35-160ms 1700hz & 2200hz bursts, with a spacing of 20-110ms between the bursts, followed by 165 ms of silence.
    Quarter: Five 1700hz & 2200hz bursts, with the first and last being 20-100ms in length, and the second through fourth being 20-60ms in length. The spacing between the first and second bursts is 20-110ms, while the spacing between the following bursts is 20-60ms. The tones are followed by 60ms of silence.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    This is pretty wierd and whacky

http://www.izpitera.ru/lj/tetka.swf
    i checked this out on my pc and it's pretty cool,but for some reason i can't get it to work on the treo 650,anyone get it to work. also which is the best flash files to load on the treo 650? thanks in advance!!
    I just gave this a try on my treo 600. The swf's play, but clearly this is a mis match between the player and screen memory. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone tried it on the treo600?
    Come on guys lets keep this going!!

Gfunk, I was able to get "whats in the bag?" strong bad movie to work!
    You are much cooler than Shadowmite, he hates homestarrunner.
    Palm Piliot pro w/2mg upgrade,
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    First: You rock GFunkmagic! I have been trying to find/ install flash for my 650 for a while!

I also had to use UDMH to get the last file (MMFlashlib.prc) to copy from the SD card.

I was able to get the strongbad emails (all that I have so far anyway) to load by decompressing them. (This also fixed many other files that would not load.)
    The utility I used is SWF Decomp.

AS for getting SWF files onto the SD card via hotsync, I use defaultdirs (I think it is on Palmgear).
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Post some of those Strongbad Emails here so we can all share them! Flash is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by superhumancarl
    First: You rock GFunkmagic! I have been trying to find/ install flash for my 650 for a while!

I also had to use UDMH to get the last file (MMFlashlib.prc) to copy from the SD card.

I was able to get the strongbad emails (all that I have so far anyway) to load by decompressing them. (This also fixed many other files that would not load.)
    The utility I used is SWF Decomp.

AS for getting SWF files onto the SD card via hotsync, I use defaultdirs (I think it is on Palmgear).
    Nice catch Superhumancarl! I can get a lot more of the .swf files to work now! Now we just need to get an updated flash player for the treo. prefurrably one that also uses the 5 way nav.
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ok I downloaded a bunch of strongbad emails but I can't get them to load, it just keeps saying Please wait.
    Ok I downloaded a bunch of strongbad emails but I can't get them to load, it just keeps saying Please wait.
    Download the SWF decomp program that supercarl mentioned above, drag and drop them over the .exe icon (it automatically decompresses them) then load them, if it still has issues, I find it helps to switch the quality around a couple of times (from high to low to medium ect.) in the flash program.
    -hope that helps...
    Prism Visorphone,
    Visor Edge
    PalmV
    Kyocera 7135,
    Treo 600,
    Treo 650.
    Also, some flash files seem to only want to work with the screen rotated. Once you rotate the screen, though, it seems only to work in a resolution different from the unrotated.

(e.g. put the resolution on [medium] , select rotate screen, then change resolution to [high]).
    when i change the quality to Medium, it crashes. anyone got any fixes?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by question
    when i change the quality to Medium, it crashes. anyone got any fixes?
    Which files are using, the TH or the UX. UX caused a reset for me, TH works great.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast