Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    gfunk to the rescue!!!!!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Thanks Gfunk for this thread... I actually tried Resco Explorer and Filez to move over the files and both programs gave me a NoMemory Error. As soon as I installed Zlauncher, everything installed correctly. Thanks again, rock on!
    I have no need for this but it is very cool!!

As always gfunk, thanks for taking the time to share!!
    Awesome. I was looking for a Flash player last week. I found the original Clie app, but was disappointed to see it would only work on Clies. Funny how Sony gets an exclusive, and then exits the business, leaving us with nothing.

Another option is the Kinoma player, which plays Flash movies after you convert them - no interactivity or sound; I haven't tested it though.

I got this app to work, following the instructions. I agree that it's important to backup before installing, and even before using. My Treo has reset twice, somehow corrupting my ZLauncher setup both times.

For some Flash files, the player will just hang... I lowered the quality setting, and then they play fine.

Thanks GFunk!
    'Corrupting ZLauncher' means that both Saved Preferences and Unsaved Preferences are hosed. If you can exit ZLauncher and then copy these two files back from backup, you'll be fine.

I personally copy these two files into my SD card in a directory because they do get lost sometimes.
    gfunk - You listed homestarrunner above. I can't get the latest strongbad emails to work with this player. I just get "Please wait..." Have you gotten them to work?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    This new Flash Program is amazing, I am downloading left and right. I found a great one I had to share call Hangaroo - It is like Hangman but very easy to use and your qwerty keyboard works to put in the numbers. I am running it on Medium Quality and it runs GREAT!

Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by megaace
    Ok, so how do I extract the swf file out of this wepage??
    http://www.wagenschenke.ch/HomeRun.swf
    it's a must have :-). spent days playing this last year...:-)

If you use IE, goto the c:\documents and settings\'user'\local setttings\temporary internet files

You should find the swf files there...

Also, you could just go to tools > internet options > settings > view files...

Anyway, I tried the swf from that site but it didn't seem to load. I then tried it with UDMH activated, and it still didn't work. Might be flash6 perhaps...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    gfunk - You listed homestarrunner above. I can't get the latest strongbad emails to work with this player. I just get "Please wait..." Have you gotten them to work?

Yeah, I tried loading some of the more recent strongbad emails but they wouldn't work. Over at 1src.com, alot of clie users mention that they have gotten the emails to work though. Perhaps some of the older sbemail will work, but I haven't tried it yet... I dunno what could be the problem here? Hmmm...

Most probably the limitation with some of these Flash may be the small amount the dynamic heap the 650 has relative to other palmos devices. B/c fo this, I think UDMH probably will more of a necessity than I previously thought...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    This new Flash Program is amazing, I am downloading left and right. I found a great one I had to share call Hangaroo - It is like Hangman but very easy to use and your qwerty keyboard works to put in the numbers. I am running it on Medium Quality and it runs GREAT!

It doesn't work on my treo for some reason?! That is really weird? I wonder why some flashes work sometimes for some users and other don't for other users?

BenJoe, could you please tell us how much free ram you have and any other apps you might have installed? I tried playing the flash with UDMH and it wouldn't work still....

============================================
    EDIT:

Okay nevermind, I got it to work now, thanks! I just enabled UDMH and, closed the flash player and then reopened and it worked the next time. Sounds more and more like a dynamic mem issue now imo...

Also, another thing that might help is to do a soft reset before starting the Flash player as that may help clean the heap. I've found that to help as well...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 07/13/2005 at 03:14 AM.

11.    #31  
    Here's a cool little flash that scrolls the text across the screen like a huge ticker sign! Works very well!

Also, thanks guys for all the kudos above!

P.S. If anyone finds a cool Flash, please share and post here!! THANKS!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gaurav; 07/13/2005 at 03:13 AM.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is UDMH?
    Has anyone tried this hack on a Treo 600? If it works, then is Flash unusable at 160x160 resolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    Has anyone tried this hack on a Treo 600? If it works, then is Flash unusable at 160x160 resolution?
    Hmm....160x160 is unusable in itself...so, how ya gonna watch some flash animation on it??

I guess the answer to your question is 'YES, it's unusable!'
    You're not ignorant thomasanderson. I have absolutely no idea what UDMH means either!
    Someone please put us out of our misery.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Try using Resco explorer. You should be able to use the trial to move the files...
    Using Resco Explorer did allow me to copy the MMFlashLib file but after a few attempts. I ended up using the UX files instead.

Cool find G! I tried putting my Flash website on it but it hung...I guess it was too big.

This is what I found regarding UDMH:

UDMH Unlimited Dynamic Memory Hack
    Unlimited dynamic memory hack finally achieves the holy grail of palm computing. All those emulators that require 4 MB of dynamic memory or the newest PalmOS device to run, annoying you? Well no more. With this the newest SNES emulator runs fine on a T|E and Zire 71. If you've ever had a problem with applications requiring more dynamic memory then you have, then this application is for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    You're not ignorant thomasanderson. I have absolutely no idea what UDMH means either!
    Someone please put us out of our misery.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Google should be everybody's best friend.
    guys how do u transfer .swf into treo ?
    I keep getting error saying that swf file doesn`t have any application to work with
    gfunk where did you get the background pic that you are using for zlauncher?
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast