1.    #1  
    I have recently downloaded pocket tunes and am very happy with the program except for one major drawback. I lose the play/pause functionality of the side button. Does anyone know a way to restore the play/pause button function with pocket tunes.

And if I really had my wish, I would not only restore the play/pause function to the button, but also make it so I could use the button even after the screen has turned off. The way the treo 650 is initially configured is that the play/pause button only works if the screen is on (using RealPlayer). So if you are listening to music for awhile and the screen shuts off, you can't just hit the button to pause the music, you have to turn the screen back on with one of the main buttons then use the side button, for play/pause which totally takes away the convenience and functionality of the button. Any help would be appreciated.
    I don't know of a way get the side button to work, but if you're using headphones you might want to consider getting the Treo hybrid headset and an app called Freedom. The hybrid headset has a button on the mic that Freedom will allow to function as a pause button in PocketTunes. It also can recognize a double click for a second function like skip forward or back. This all works even when the screen is off.

I love not having to take the Treo out of my pocket if I need to quickly pause the music for some reason.

You can download Freedom at www.toysoft.ca

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    I don't know of a way get the side button to work, but if you're using headphones you might want to consider getting the Treo hybrid headset and an app called Freedom. The hybrid headset has a button on the mic that Freedom will allow to function as a pause button in PocketTunes. It also can recognize a double click for a second function like skip forward or back. This all works even when the screen is off.

I love not having to take the Treo out of my pocket if I need to quickly pause the music for some reason.

You can download Freedom at www.toysoft.ca
    Jeff
    Interesting - I knew Freedom helped with incoming calls, but never knew about the headset buttons being able to skip and pause in PTunes. I might have to try that out. Bless these forums!