1.    #1  
    I am having a problem with my Treo 600 turning on spontaneously (turns off after 10 secs when keyguard not pressed) or not turning off after 3 minute auto-off period). It is not a consistent problem but when they occur, both problems usually occur together. The "ons" usually recur about once every 2-3 minutes. The only recent software changes I have made are Butler upgrade to 3.13 and installation of 2day plugins 4cast and 4stocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillydog
    I am having a problem with my Treo 600 turning on spontaneously (turns off after 10 secs when keyguard not pressed) or not turning off after 3 minute auto-off period). It is not a consistent problem but when they occur, both problems usually occur together. The "ons" usually recur about once every 2-3 minutes. The only recent software changes I have made are Butler upgrade to 3.13 and installation of 2day plugins 4cast and 4stocks.
    List all the utilities/addon programs you are using would help others assist you better.

Also, are the issues you are experiencing only occurring after the Butler 3.13 install? There apparently are still some bugs w/ it according to posts. Not sure all the bugs reported yet (too underweather today to read)...but there are some.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    I've had the same problem that started recently, but on my 650 after the recent ROM upgrade. If you isolate an app, please let us know. My only guess on my 650 was TreoGuard. Since removing it the problem seems to cease.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your responses. I've only included the above 2 programs as these are the only changes within the past several weeks which is about when this problem began. I also thought about profiles 1.01 being the culprit but I've had this program for at least 6 monts. Based on the timing of the problem, I'm leaning more towars Butler or the 4cast update which includes auto-updates.
    Thanks for your responses. I've only included the above 2 programs as these are the only changes within the past several weeks which is about when this problem began. I also thought about profiles 1.01 being the culprit but I've had this program for at least 6 monts. Based on the timing of the problem, I'm leaning more towars Butler or the 4cast update which includes auto-updates.
    Hi,

Can you tell me what settings you have in 4cast ?

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    I've noticed this behavior when I have BT on and set to discoverable. If you disable that, it seems to stop that behavior. If you set it back up later, it often times goes away.
  7.    #7  
    Well, there's been no misbehavin' today. Both 4stocks and 4cast (trials) are set to no autoupdate. Now I did previously have the autorefresh checked and unchecked them thinking that this could be the problem. I did experience the problem somewhat afterward.

Just thought of something else. The problem was rampant over the preceding weekend when I was traveling out of Verizon's base area and into the extended area where I couldn't get a data signal. I was wondering if any of these programs was repeatedly attempting to search for a network.
    Well, there's been no misbehavin' today. Both 4stocks and 4cast (trials) are set to no autoupdate. Now I did previously have the autorefresh checked and unchecked them thinking that this could be the problem. I did experience the problem somewhat afterward.

Just thought of something else. The problem was rampant over the preceding weekend when I was traveling out of Verizon's base area and into the extended area where I couldn't get a data signal. I was wondering if any of these programs was repeatedly attempting to search for a network.
    I've been wondering the same thing with Sprint. It seemed like on multiple occasions, when it would turn on, I would look at the screen and it would indicating roaming.

To the above poster on BT discoverable... I have had this turned off since the ROM upgrade and it hasn't helped me, but glad to hear it solved your problems with the 650 turning one.
    I have a 650 and noticed it after the GSM ROM Update - I think it corresponds to the mail client retrieving mail just because its seems to happen "every so often".
  10.    #10  
    Well, the problem recurred today and I'm in my home area with a booming signal so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Its also not a BT issue as I have a 600. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.
    I got this all the time with my 600 and occasionally with my 650. Curiously, it only happened in a "dead zone" within my house where my cellular signal strength bounced around 0. I think the Treos "wake up" anytime the signal strength comes back after hitting 0.

Regards,
    Ian
    Interesting, was going to create a thread about this, but you all beat me to it!

Starting around 3AM, I've noticed my 650 lighting up as if the keypad was pressed. It will turn off in three, then repeat about every 10-15 minutes until approx 4AM. It may or may not happen every night, I just happen to notice it if I'm up or I wake up to the light.

I'm guessing it is possessed, but maybe there is a simpler explanation.

After updating to 1.08, I have:
    Snappermail (only used occasionally)
    PowerRun
    Card Export
    Epocrates
    PdaNet
    FileZ
    Doc to Go

Any thoughts?
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
  13.    #13  
    Last night, I deleted Butler 3.13 and reverted to 2.86. No unusual power-ons today and my power drain in stand-by was insignificant. I'l wait another couple days to pass final judgement. Interestingly, I used palm internals and found that Snapper has an alarm feature set for 3AM despite the fact that I don't have it set to check mail at that ridiculous time. I think this may be the cause of some of the other mysterious 3AM power ups that have been reported
    <snip>
    Interestingly, I used palm internals and found that Snapper has an alarm feature set for 3AM despite the fact that I don't have it set to check mail at that ridiculous time. I think this may be the cause of some of the other mysterious 3AM power ups that have been reported
    That would explain it for me. Once I read your post, I remembered the connection log (under Options) on SnapperMail. It shows a combination of backup, archive and clean-up actions occuring at 3AM or 3:15AM nearly every day. I can't find a setting to adjust it any, probably not a bad idea for it to be automatic like that.
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    My wife's 650 was experiencing the screen coming on problem. It sits on her desk most of the day and seemed to randomly light up the screen for no reason. Yesterday I put in another battery we keep as a backup, just to keep them rotated and the screen hasn't come on since. The second battery seems to fit a bit more tightly in the battery bay.
  16.    #16  
    Well, since I reverted from Butler 3.13 to 2.86, the gremlin-like behavior has disappreared.
    I had issues with the screen turning on at random times. In my case, it was the keyboard driver to my universal wireless keyboard (IR). I had inadvertantly left the driver in the "ON" mode. The result was that periodically (sometimes frequently, sometimes not), the Treo would wake up. The Treo would search for the keyboard. Apparently, IR functions cannot operate in the background (with the screen off), so consequently, the screen would turn on while the keyboard driver looked for the wireless keyboard.

I turned off the driver and since then, no random screen wake-ups. The process is repeatable. To confirm, I turned the keyboard driver back on...and sure enough, the screen started waking up randomly again. Once I turned the driver back off, no wake-ups. So it wasn't a fluke.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I have never installed any version of Butler.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I am sure I've been noticing my own Sprint Treo 650 screen coming on by itself for no apparent reason.

It's hard to say what app might be doing this because I have soooooo many loaded at this time.

Casey