1.    #1  
    Everytime I hotsync now my Treo goes into a reset. When it comes back up and I do #*#377 to find out what it was this is the error message I get.

"A reset was caused while running "Contacts":
    PIMsDataMgr.com,
    Line:135,
    checkRecordChunk
    means chunk is null...

Can anyone help me out with this or at least give me an idea of what the problem is? Thanks advance.
    A corrupt contact entry has been the identified culprit in other threads, I am not sure what the solution was. (Like how to find the corrupt entry.) Try searching for "corrupt contact"

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...orrupt+contact

Cheers Perry.
    I believe MTDN has a program that will scan your contacts for corruption. I also believe the palm desktop has a tool that helps with this although I have never used it. I can put up a link to this info when I get to a desktop computer. Do you use the palm desktop?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    My 650 just started doing the same thing. Found thread and went to Dataviz website. Docs to Go causing my problems.
    Cured my problems with resets after hotsync. Hope this helps.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13568
    Here is the address scanner. And aso the dataviz tool if you do have documents to go the saved preferences sometimes become corrupt. In the dataviz tool you go menu>advanced options>delete preferences.
    Same problem here.. Funny thing is, I don't sync in Windows, so I have no Docs To Go conduit.. but I'm going to try the scanner and try disabling DTG in the Hotsync manager and see what happens.

Happily the crash is right at the end of the hotsync, so it's not a *huge* deal.

Pre-post edit ;-) The scanner found no bad records for me, so I'll try disabling DTG in Hotsync manager and see what happens when I get home and sync.
  7.    #7  
    After downloading both patches....neither one found an issue. What to do now? Any ideas? I have Resco Explorer, so someone can tell me where to find the file that is corrupt could I possibly delete it?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  9.    #9  
    That program initiates a reset after touching the "start scan" button. any others ideas?
    I had a similar issue. It turned out to be the file itself not an entry. I had to export the data from the desktop app to the .aba export file. then delete the Contacts data files on the Treo. then run hotsync with Handheld overwrite desktop. Then recreate my catagories on the dektop. Then import the .aba data file. Then hotsync Desktop overwrite handheld. Has worked great since.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

11.    #11  
    Damn....I was hoping for an easier solution. I guess nothing comes easy with this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by k2bum
    That program initiates a reset after touching the "start scan" button. any others ideas?
    Ewwwww, that's not good. The Palm Desktop has some tools to check for corruption, but it you are using Outlook it wont help. You could try setting Outlook to overwrite the Treo once to see if that overwrites any corruption.

The other thing you can do is a bit more complicated - it involves changing your conduits to sync with the Palm Desktop, have your databases move over to the Palm Desktop, check for corruption, and then reverse the process. The original CD lets you switch between Outlook and the Palm Desktop for syncing.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    The end of a hot sync is when your saved preferences are backed up. This file corrupts easily. You can check to see if this file is corrupt by deleting it from your internal memory and also from the back up folder on the desktop, a fresh new saved preference file is recreated by the system but save a copy of the old preference file to reinstall just incase it is not the culprit.

Warning be advised that if you delete the saved preference file and then hot sync if it takes care of you reset issue that is wonderful but you then have to input most of your registration codes and reconfigure you applications.

However if it does not fix your reset problem you can just reinstall the old saved preference file and you will not have to do anything (unless you have pocket lingo, that dam app always wants you to put in the registration code again)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Here is the address scanner. And aso the dataviz tool if you do have documents to go the saved preferences sometimes become corrupt. In the dataviz tool you go menu>advanced options>delete preferences.
    I had been fine for months and BAM!, I started getting resets after hotsync. The above worked perfectly.
    Thats good,,,

These toys sure do require a lot of maintenence dont they.
    It's definitely a corrupted database! I was getting the reset after the hotsync, and the log shows a error synching Tasks. Using FileZ, I deleted all the Tasks and TodoDB files it would allow. I then entered a new task on the handheld, then synched, and everything is now good.

Your mileage may vary.