Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I did a search and found people having the same problem. Setting Verichat to use SMS would cause resets. It would work fine when the phone starts and connects to Verichat, but like 3-5 minutes after standby, the phone would reset. I set Verichat to use "Data" and I am now not having a single reset. This is all fine and dandy, but I would love to use SMS so people won't get sent to voicemail when I'm in Verichat. Please let me know if anything fix or work-around has been discovered. (By the way, I don't think I ever had this issue with Sprint 1.08. I know have 1.12)
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I have updated to 1.12 and am not experiencing any resets. My Verichat has always been set to SMS. Sorry for asking the obvious: do you have the latest version of Verichat, 2.84b?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Hi have the latest, 2.84b, and for some reason I can't connect at all on my Treo 650 on Verizon. It just hangs there forever trying to connect.
    I'm getting the same problem - Sprint w/ 1.12 firmware, Verichat 2.84b. This is the first problem I have had w/ Verichat - the program has been great from Day one.

I've yet to contact the company though, as I really don't need the feature.

and only started happening after the last sprint update.....
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    ok - I just sent a mail to pdaappas support.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Sorry, I haven't had a chance to get back on here. Yes, I do have the latest version installed. Like I said, I switched it over to use "Data" and haven't had a single reset yet. I thought I read somewhere that there might be a conflict with Versamail. I don't know, but I really hate using "Data" and my phone keep connecting to the data network all the time. I know others where having this problem as well, where are you guys?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I emailed the company and got a special new version for Verizon Wireless users. I haven't installed it yet but it is version 2.85b.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I have 2.84b and the same problem using the current unbranded software. I don't use Verichat much, so haven't been motivated to solve it, but I suppose I'll contact pdaapps and see what they say.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Have you heard anything?
    I had this problem and started a couple threads about it. As far as I can tell, Verichat SMS mode is relatively unstable and prone to conflicts with other apps. Some of the things I've identified as causing potential conflicts include:

1. PXAClocker (whether you overclock verichat or not)
    2. Versamail (especially when using activesync)
    3. Custom phone overlay files such as those used on Sprint Treos to see call duration (e.g., Sprint_Logo.prc)

The good news is that I seem to have resolved my problem (after two+ weeks of debugging) by doing a hard reset, re-creating my versamail accounts (on the Treo and the PC), and deleting PXAClocker and my custom phone overlay file. However, I must say I am still not convinced SMS mode is stable and I'm not sure PDAApps is either. I've been told they are working on an improved version of Data mode (this will offer you the option to NOT have Verichat automatically sign-on after a reset). This should work for me if it is stable and does not keep an overly active data connection open so as to interfere with incoming phone calls.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotim
    I had this problem and started a couple threads about it. As far as I can tell, Verichat SMS mode is relatively unstable and prone to conflicts with other apps. Some of the things I've identified as causing potential conflicts include:

1. PXAClocker (whether you overclock verichat or not)
    2. Versamail (especially when using activesync)
    3. Custom phone overlay files such as those used on Sprint Treos to see call duration (e.g., Sprint_Logo.prc)

The good news is that I seem to have resolved my problem (after two+ weeks of debugging) by doing a hard reset, re-creating my versamail accounts (on the Treo and the PC), and deleting PXAClocker and my custom phone overlay file. However, I must say I am still not convinced SMS mode is stable and I'm not sure PDAApps is either. I've been told they are working on an improved version of Data mode (this will offer you the option to NOT have Verichat automatically sign-on after a reset). This should work for me if it is stable and does not keep an overly active data connection open so as to interfere with incoming phone calls.
    I do remember reading some of your threads about this. The only thing I could say is different for me is using autosync with the new version of Versamail. I guess I can try recreating my account and turning that feature off in Versamail. I'll try this later. It just bothers me because I used the demo a while back (before the 1.12 update) and used SMS with 100% success and loved it. Oh well, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
    I installed VeriChat a week or so ago as my new employer uses AIM extensively (and I will get no closer to anything associated with AOL than I have to). Since then, my Sprint Treo has been behaving strangely. It almost always requires two button presses to turn on the phone, and I get frequent lockups (often while using applications other than VeriChat) that require a soft reset to escape from. I don't think I have installed any other apps since this problem began.

I have been using VeriChat in SMS mode. Will I avoid these problems by switiching to data mode? I tried it, and I didn't see any of my contacts listed when I started VeriChat, where I did see them when running in SMS mode. Is there something special I need to do within VeriChat to see the contacts list in data mode?
    HI

I too am having constant resets and i have narowed it down to Verichat. I am using latest version on my unlocked Treo. Am not sure what is going on.

Can i ask a question - what is SMS or data that everyone is referring to ?
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    VeriChat has two ways of learning of a chat request. If you have your data connection "always on", then it can simply use that, staying in touch with the VeriChat server. The alternative, if you're like me and disconnect from the network except when using it, is SMS. The way this works is that if an incoming chat request is received and VeriChat sees you are not connected to the network, it sends a specially formatted SMS to your phone. VeriChat monitors these in the background, and when it sees such a SMS message, it alerts you and invites you to switch to data mode to chat.

The problem seems to be that this SMS monitoring is flaky and causes the 650 to reset, even for ordinary (non-chat) messages.
    Many thanks for explanation - i have deleted it anyway now as it is the cause of my resets i am pretty sure ;-))
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    The problem seems to be that this SMS monitoring is flaky and causes the 650 to reset, even for ordinary (non-chat) messages.
    I switched VeriChat to data mode last night, and I'm still having the delayed switching between applications and lockups. I need some kind of access to instant messaging, but I can't sacrifice the other functions of the Treo to get it.

SMS has always been kind of flaky on my Treo. I use Agendus Mail for e-mail and SMS. E-Mail works fine, but SMS has always been very sluggish. Just displaying the list of SMS messages can take 30 seconds or more, with the message headers slowly appearing one by one.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I now have VeriChat 2.86b installed. The release notes mention something about more reliable always-on for the Treo 650. Haven't had someone contact me on AIM yet, but I have sent myself several text messages and no resets yet (knock on laminate). I've never had problems with SMS in general on the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4
    I now have VeriChat 2.86b installed. The release notes mention something about more reliable always-on for the Treo 650. Haven't had someone contact me on AIM yet, but I have sent myself several text messages and no resets yet (knock on laminate). I've never had problems with SMS in general on the 650.
    I have v 2.86b on my Treo. It's the only version I have used. If the problems I am having are in fact related to VeriChat, this is the vrsion that is causing them.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Has any one solved this problem yet?
    I have given up on Verichat - wasted the first year fee (down the drain) Tried all versions with no luck.
    Fred
    Cingular 680