Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to get a tone or sound whenever a phone call ends so that I don't keep talking to myself? I can't find this option anywhere!!!
  2. #2  
    ...you might try only calling those who aren't apt to hang up on you.
  3.    #3  
    So I assume there is no function.... wow what a major ***** by Palm. This is the number 1 worst thing about this phone.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    ...you might try only calling those who aren't apt to hang up on you.
    LOL... but seriously, though, that's a pretty good suggestion. Do other phones have that though. It seems like a fairly original idea compared to all the phones I've talked on.
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/10/2005 at 11:39 AM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150
    So I assume there is no function.... wow what a major ***** by Palm. This is the number 1 worst thing about this phone.
    I've never had a phone that would do this - even on the home phone it takes a bit before a dial tone or "If you'd like to make a call" comes on. I'm not sure if a phone can recognize a problem on "the other line" - but it would be interesting to see if it could be done.

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  6.    #6  
    Most cellphones have this feature. All it has to do is make a sound when the phone call ends. I have never had a phone till this one that didnt make a sound at the end of the call.
  7. #7  
    Use a bluetooth headset. It will make the tone for you.
  8. #8  
    I think Lightwav has this as an option. And you can assign any sound you want. Same goes for outgoing calls.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I think Lightwav has this as an option. And you can assign any sound you want. Same goes for outgoing calls.
    Hmm...now I have an excuse to start using MP3s for ringtones.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150
    Most cellphones have this feature. All it has to do is make a sound when the phone call ends. I have never had a phone till this one that didnt make a sound at the end of the call.
    I've used a lot of my friends' other cell phones....and not a signle one of them had that option of beeping when the phone call is over.

    Could you clue me in on to what specific cell phones you're talking about??
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I've used a lot of my friends' other cell phones....and not a signle one of them had that option of beeping when the phone call is over.

    Could you clue me in on to what specific cell phones you're talking about??
    Myself as well. I've never had a tone go off. Normally it takes a bit for the line to truly disconnect, so how could a tone tell you in advance? What happens when the other party loses their connection but there hasn't been an actual disconnect? Which is what happens in many cases.

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Myself as well. I've never had a tone go off. Normally it takes a bit for the line to truly disconnect, so how could a tone tell you in advance? What happens when the other party loses their connection but there hasn't been an actual disconnect? Which is what happens in many cases.

    Pamela
    My girlfriend's phone doesn't work that well at her house (she has Verizon...hehe) and occasionally I'll be talking to her and oops I was actually talking to myself. I hate having to look at the screen to check if I'm still connected. I mean, the screen will notify you, but if I were just beginning to speak a monologue I'd prefer to hear a beep than get to the end of the monoparagraph to find my other party's network signal was lost of faded.
  13. #13  
    Interesting idea. The only tone that I have ever heard with my Cingular phone is when the other person I am talking to have lost the connection. Meaning drop the call. I would hear a beep, beep tone. But, I think that is a network dependent tone since I have heard the tone with a variety of GSM phones on the Cingular network.
  14.    #14  
    Samsung VGA 1000 does it. I only need it to alert when the call ends, generally when the other side loses connection. My friends phone sucks and it randomly disconnects... I have to keep asking if he is there in order to know if I'm talking to myself or not.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I think Lightwav has this as an option. And you can assign any sound you want. Same goes for outgoing calls.
    Lightwav does have this option.
    I use it and love it and for the 2 months that Lightwav was unstable and i didnt use it i missed the feature VERY much.

    But lightwav 5.5 is stable again.
    anytime there is a disconnect, whether signal is lost, the party hangs up, or i hang up, i get a short alert.

    You can choose the sound that you want to hear from midi tones or any Mp3 you have on your SD.
    It is one of those features that you really dont know how convenient it is until you have tried it. then it is hard to live without...
  16. #16  
    I just tried it with Lightwav.

    A few observations......

    The disconnect alert keeps playing over and over again until you hit one of the side up/down keys. When I pressed other keys my phone reset. Sort of a pain. I'd just like it to play the tone once. Is this not an option?

    It also vibrates. I have vibrate set for alerts and ringers. This can be sort of strange when you're holding the phone to your ear and loose a call.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150
    Samsung VGA 1000 does it. I only need it to alert when the call ends, generally when the other side loses connection. My friends phone sucks and it randomly disconnects... I have to keep asking if he is there in order to know if I'm talking to myself or not.
    So is this a network dependent tone???

    What service do you have Jonger? Is your 650 on the same carrier's network with the Samsung??
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    So is this a network dependent tone???

    What service do you have Jonger? Is your 650 on the same carrier's network with the Samsung??
    The VGA 1000 is only available via Sprint PCS.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I just tried it with Lightwav.

    A few observations......

    The disconnect alert keeps playing over and over again until you hit one of the side up/down keys. When I pressed other keys my phone reset. Sort of a pain. I'd just like it to play the tone once. Is this not an option?

    It also vibrates. I have vibrate set for alerts and ringers. This can be sort of strange when you're holding the phone to your ear and loose a call.
    I noticed that with internal ringers. If you use and Mp3 is only plays once. It must be a bug with the internal sounds. So i trimmed a school bell Mp3. It rings for half a second and stops.
    All versions before 5.5 had serious bugs though, which version did you try?
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    I noticed that with internal ringers. If you use and Mp3 is only plays once. It must be a bug with the internal sounds. So i trimmed a school bell Mp3. It rings for half a second and stops.
    All versions before 5.5 had serious bugs though, which version did you try?
    I'm using 5.5

    I had set a internal MIDI. Let me go try a Mp3.

    Edit..... Mp3 works perfectly. Only plays once, no vibrate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions