1.    #1  
    Hello all.

I just got a verizon treo 650 about a week ago and I love it but there are somethings I want to do with it. I've been searching the forums and have found some information on what I'm looking for but not completely. Here are my questions. If you can just point me in the right direction or give me a link to a thread it would be much appreciated.

The volume on the treo is kinda low, I can barely hear people when I talk to them on the phone. What can I do about that? Is there an update or hack?

Can the SDIO slot on the treo work with wifi? Or was it disabled? Any ways around it if it is disabled? what kind of sdio wifi card should I get?

Im a student and im looking for a decent flashcard device. Any recommendations, free, paid?

What other general programs do you guys recommend? Must haves for treo?

Has anyone used sailing clicker? Is it worth the money?

I hear a lot about a shadowmite, he hacks a lot. What kind of stuff does he do?

What other hacks are there for the the treo anything worth doing?

Thanks
    volumecare is an app that jacks up the volume. shadowmite.com that's his site to read up on his work.. I would tell you to get a backup program which I use backupman with no problems.. an uninstaller which will delete everything that comes with an app and not leave orphan files behind.. I use uninstall manager.. I would also recommend a launcher such as powerRun or zlauncher which will allow you to run apps from sd card as if they were installed in the ram.. that's it for me tired of typing.. hope this helps...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisbrian
    The volume on the treo is kinda low, I can barely hear people when I talk to them on the phone. What can I do about that? Is there an update or hack?
    VolumeCare by Jeff Gibson. He's an excellent programmer, BTW....constantly looking for feedback on his apps.

Can the SDIO slot on the treo work with wifi? Or was it disabled? Any ways around it if it is disabled? what kind of sdio wifi card should I get?
    Yes, but it's flaky. I'm going to put 2 + 2 together and assume that since you're a student and have Verizon, you're not paying the $45/mo for data. (That's a shame, because Sprint's price is only $10/mo and it's worth every penny) The thing is that if you use Verizon's data, you'd have to hard reset your phone after usign WiFi in order to use the data again. The solution to that is use a backup program. But if you don't use the data, you could prolly use the WiFi card fairly well. Ask others in the WiFi thread. Just do a search for WiFi...pretty simple. Be warned, if you're going to do this, you'll prolly need to carry around a second battery.

Im a student and im looking for a decent flashcard device. Any recommendations, free, paid?
    By flashcard device, I'm assuming you mean...program?? Well, if that's the case, there's a free one at freewarepalm.com (bookmark that site; I understand how it is to be a broke a$$ student). Here it is: http://www.freewarepalm.com/educational/learn_!.shtml.

But, I'd recommend Repligo to you more than that app. It converts PDFs, Office Docs & Spreadsheets, as well as web sites to handheld size. Give it a try, one of the few programs worth money, IMO. Here that is: http://www.cerience.com/products/palm/index.htm

What other hacks are there for the the treo anything worth doing?
    Here's a pretty good start: Butler, CardKeeper (possibly in combination with PalmPuke), ChangeMe & Obfuscate (for RAM & ROM respectively), Cut Paste 5, FieldPlus, Resco Explorer & Viewer, LJZ, Minutes Plus, Profiles, PXA Clocker, SoundRec, TCPMP, & Verichat. If you have data, Dir Assist, pssh, & Wassdat.

As for all my apps in their entirety, I'll have to get back to you on that....prolly tomorrow or the day after as I'm waiting for Hurricane Dennis to pass overhead. About 60 miles west of Mobile. AHH!!

I've already tested bluetooth DUN while traveling at 80+ MPH. Now I get to see how well Sprint's network works with 100+ MPH winds around me. Anybody want to come to a combined Hurricane/Treo party?

I hear a lot about a shadowmite, he hacks a lot. What kind of stuff does he do?
    He's the wireless man.

He initially found that bluetooth DUN was built into the program already, so he "unhid" the DUN option. It's already been officially added to Sprint, but you can use the hack to use DUN on your Verizon phone [if you have data].

He's also the one who got the WiFi SD card to work.

WELL, considering I just typed this in another thread, I could easily copy & paste:

"As far as accessories go, here's what I'd recommend:

-Single sync/charge cable (i got one with a usb to ac adapter attachment for traveling use; found it on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5788262231&rd=1)
    -Rugged Car Charger at TreoCentral Store (don't get that small connector because the coil tends to pull it outta the phone quite easily)
    -Boxwave screen protectors
    -3-in-1 (should really be called 2-in-1) pen stylus
    -Bluetooth USB adapter (preferably Class 1; Linksys USBBT100 is a good one)
    -1 Gig SD card
    -SD card reader (if you've got a laptop that doesn't have one built in already, get a PCMCIA card reader if that slot's open; otherwise get usb one)
    -2.5mm to 3.5mm headset adapter (I also use those $10 Sony earbuds from Wal-Mart, very comfortable and good quality)
    -I haven't gotten the spare battery yet as I still have at least 40% charge at the end of each day and have a home and car charger....but I'm sure I'll get one in the future (prolly when a 2500mAh comes out, or the 2200mAh one gets to be dirt cheap on ebay)
    -I'd also recommend NOT getting a case. They're not worth it because the phone's pretty durable as it is. The Skin case sticks to the inside of your pocket when you try to pull it out and eGrips don't last long enough. If you must get a case, I'd recommend getting the Pacific Rim Hard Case (even though I haven't tried it yet; LINK: http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/c...e0e105ccabc040f), the iVolution case (even though it's expensive), or more recently I've considered the skid-free tub strips just haven't found any yet (could look tacky, but they're cheap if you find 'em, prolly last awhile, and you shouldn't have a problem holding on to it)
    -I bought/used a Motorola HS810 bluetooth headset, but I don't really care for it. I'd prefer to use speakerphone myself.
    -Not accessory related, but I'd recommend getting State Farm PAP insurance on the phone ($30/yr, no deductible, cash in hand for whatever phone you choose) as it beats any carrier's insurance hands down."

Thanks
    Any time.

You can check this dedicated page for a list of great applications for your new Treo: discover.treonauts.com

Cheers, W.