1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a "free" map of the US. I'm not after street level detail, just something showing state lines, major cities, major freeways, etc. It seems like the searches I do keep coming up with GPS related info where maps are too detailed and meant for navigation. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Your best bet is to probably have it on the web and browse to it with wide screen on.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the idea. Don't know why I didn't think of it. On my laptop I found a nice map and saved as a jpg then put it on the card where I can view, zoom & pan with Acid Image.
    you might also look at Earthcomber. It's free, and GPS enabled, but works pretty well as a map viewer even without GPS. You do have to separately download maps for each county you are interested in.
    Can also try googlemaps with the zoom pulled out. Basically just the first may you see when you log onto maps.google.com.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Earlier threads seemed to indicate that Earthcomber didn't support sd cards. Does this work now? I'm limited on memory.

(I really need to figure out how to move some of this stuff over to my card)
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Yes, you can put ther maps on your card-you have to do it manually, then move it to ram when you want to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Earlier threads seemed to indicate that Earthcomber didn't support sd cards. Does this work now? I'm limited on memory.

(I really need to figure out how to move some of this stuff over to my card)

Yes you can do this manually from earthcomber client:

http://www.earthcomber.com/community/node/1046

They mention using powerrun, but you can do the same thing I've found with Zlauncher. Thus, move the app to card via zlauncher/powerrun, and then manually move the map db to the same dir on the card and then the next time the mem manager will move the db along with the app to ram and back to card... works pretty well!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    try Kmaps. I used it an it was pretty cool. I utlimately delted it however, because I didn't want to spend the 2 megs on the java framework (which is required to run the program).
    link to kmaps: http://www.alealea.com/
    Thanks for the kmaps tip. I tried it today. WOW.