Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mykul, before you get offended, you should know that you stated that Chatter doesn't work with SprintPCS as if it's a fact; others have simply stated back that it is simply not a general issue - many (including myself) have been very satisfied with using Chatter and SprintPCS.

This doesn't invalidate your opinion - it merely explains that your position isn't the only one. Let's drop this and move on, please?
    Bujin - sounds fine. you will note that I even recommended trying chatter in my above post.
    mykul I took issue with you saying Chatter didnt work w/sprint. Maybe you or someone you know had a problem, but it clearly works with sprint. I have been using it for well over a year on sprint.

maybe if you had said you knew someone on sprint who'd experienced troubles, and given some details help could have been provided. Your blanket statement was just so ridiculous, people took issue with it. Don't take it personally.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I have a purchasing question. I like to get my treo software over the air through the sprint download website. I see that they offer snappermail and yahoo mail for download. Any chance of Chatter being offered through there as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrys914
    MY IT guys today said there maybe a way to get messages to my treo by leaving my PC at work on? Do you guys know what they are refering to?

They never heard of SMS triggers???? Can I config the triggers from my PC at work?

Thanks
    Don't get hung up on the terminology (SMS-trigger). Check to see if whatever email you will be using also has the ability to forward while retaining a copy on the original server. If so, have it forward a copy of your inbound messages to your SMS "email address." Each provider has a way to email to your SMS inbox that typically uses your phonenumber at some domain as the address. (Verizon = xxxyyyzzzz@vtext.com, Sprint uses xxxyyyzzzz@messaging.sprintpcs.com, etc. where xxxyyyzzzz is your mobile phone number)

This will provide the "SMS-trigger" needed if your email system doesn't support a specific option to send a page/message/notification each time you receive email.

As an example, I don't even use SprintPCS's "notification" option because the SMS message you receive simply says something like "you have mail." Instead, I have SprintPCS set to use it's forward/copy feature to send the entire email message to my SMS address (xxxyyyzzzz@messaging.sprintpcs.com) Any email of any length gets seriously truncated because SMS is limited to somewhere around 100 characters. Still, with short emails you can often get away without even going to retrieve the whole message. Otherwise, it serves as that "trigger" to launch your email app to go get the whole message.

When the message is short enough, you see it all in the initial SMS notification and don't even have to engage the data services to connect to the mail server!

Good luck,
    rjb
    Thanks agian.

The IT guys now don't think forwarding the e-mail is correct and want to find a REAL solution WTF... I have spent alot of nights reading past posts and seems like you guys agree by some of the rec's.

I set up a IMAP account and want all my mail coppied/forwarded to it. It then pushes it to my Treo.. Simple

Now they don't want to do that. I set up my PC to forward it but it only works if my PC is on. The mail stays on the server until I log on at my desk. SOB this is frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by mykul
    Hey Marc-
    I mean no offense. I think that Chatter is a great program. I am referring to the problems mentioned in your support forum http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...iewtopic&t=768

about the Treo turning on every minute or so for a minute or so and then going off.

I am not bashing Chatter...I would encourage EVERYONE to try it and see if they are lucky enough to be able to use it. That 30-day trial is fantastic. I am sorry if I ruffelled a few feathers.
    For those that are experiencing the screen turning on at seemingly random times, do you have a universal keyboard driver installed (i.e. for a keyboard that uses the IR port)?

The screen turning on has been happening to me as well, but it was happening regardless of whether I had started Chatter or not. So I did some more digging and started to think about what I had loaded on my Treo.

Specifically, I thought about what might be running in the background. I only had one background utility (TreoHelper). So I removed it, but the screen was still coming on. Then I realized that I had turned on my keyboard driver a few days ago when I was doing some extended typing on my Treo, but I never turned it back off when I finished. Sure enough, once I turned it off, the screen hasn't come back on again.

Perhaps this will help someone having the same issue.

I'm convinced that Chatter isn't responsible for the screen coming on in MY case. YMMV. Good luck.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    hernandezjc11 - I could offer it there and at Handango, but I'd raise the price to $49 or so in that case... Chatter is not only the most powerful email app on the Treo; it's also the least expensive at this point.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    hernandezjc11 - I could offer it there and at Handango, but I'd raise the price to $49 or so in that case... Chatter is not only the most powerful email app on the Treo; it's also the least expensive at this point.

Marc
    Marc, I think he's asking for an over-the-air download solution for Chatter--something you already offer from the ChatterEmail site. He probably hasn't been to the site.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234