Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mykul, thanks for you thoughts and sorry the other seem to be on a witch hunt???? They have been around awhile and seem to be sensitive

Again thanks to all and please keep helping/posting, after all that's why most of us are here...
    Quote Originally Posted by mykul
    Okay...you guys are pretty much acting like jerks. We are supposed to be adding our opinions to help others. I just shared my experience and the experience of the other users at my office (true their are only 4 with the problem but the ones without the problem are using cingular gsm phones). I am sorry for getting you all riled up. I was not expecting to be treated like such a tool for being honest. let met see...i can share my opinion as long as it isn't negative against chatter. Thanks...now I know the rules.
    mykul, just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they are "jerks". You shared your opinion. Others disagreed with you. Big deal. They weren't calling you names or attacking you.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    MY IT guys today said there maybe a way to get messages to my treo by leaving my PC at work on? Do you guys know what they are refering to?

They never heard of SMS triggers???? Can I config the triggers from my PC at work?

Thanks
    You guys may want to check http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=91054

Couldn't hurt, huh?
    Okay...you guys are pretty much acting like jerks. We are supposed to be adding our opinions to help others. I just shared my experience and the experience of the other users at my office (true their are only 4 with the problem but the ones without the problem are using cingular gsm phones). I am sorry for getting you all riled up. I was not expecting to be treated like such a tool for being honest. let met see...i can share my opinion as long as it isn't negative against chatter. Thanks...now I know the rules.
    easy tiger
    Linky no worky
    Thanks
    Is good like push email? Does it work as well as a blackberry?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Is good like push email? Does it work as well as a blackberry?

Goodguy will confirm, but a single user license is rather pricey and designed more for corporate use. Not very practical for an individual unless your company is paying for it. I'll take Chatter for $32
    The problem I have I work in a BLACKBERRY world. I only have a POP3 server. Push would be nice but it doesn't look good for me. If I could get them to send a SMS when I get mail I could use Chatte ror ? to get the mail for me..

The IT guys don't know about these notifications??? Arghhhhhhhhhhhh
    I would love to use good if it could provide me with a Blackberry like user situation that worked on my spcs Treo 650. That would be SO GREAT! Are their any Good hosts that ya'll can recommend?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I would love to use good if it could provide me with a Blackberry like user situation that worked on my spcs Treo 650. That would be SO GREAT! Are their any Good hosts that ya'll can recommend?
    This might be of some help since you have sprint

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...s/goodLink.jsp
    Is there a way to use Good as a single user? My IT dept is only Blackberry. My understanding is that Chatter won't work for me because my IT department won't let it. We used to have a Good server, but they decided to go BBerry exclusively. I would be willing to pay for true push on the Treo if I could get Good as a single user and not have to bother with my IT guys. I currently use the software from Seven on my unlocked 650 through Cingular. It works, but is not as ideal as BBerry email service.

Anyway, can I get Good as an individual?
    wow. just found a goodlink provider called mailstreet.com. They want $12.95 per month for a single-user exchange account (required for good), then an additional $49.95 per month for an additional gig of storage plus another $30 per month for the Good service plus a one-time $49.95 Activation fee. This is over $150 per month per user for a person to use a hosted good account. Does anyone know of anyone cheaper? For that price I could purchase an additional Blackberry and unlimited monthly service. I bet it is incredible for enterprises...but very costly for individuals. Any idea if they plan on rolling out a personal priced offering like Blackberry?
    Out of curiosity, why do you need a gig of storage for email? Also, your math is a little off, BTW. $12.95+$49.95+$30 is $92.90 per month, unless you are adding in your monthly data access.
    Sorry about that...I guess I did make that pretty confusing...I am not math-challenged to that extent. I am comparing it to gmail the $49.95 times 2 for 2-gig and then added tax...that is how I got to the total. I store tons of email for business. I average around 1gig per year and unfortunatly I need to be able to search and bring up an email or attachment from 6-months to a year ago to reference for any given transaction
    Wow..that is alot of email, but ok.
    So is that the best an individual can do?

If I go that route, will it work with my corporate email without having to get my IT department involved. They seem to be not only unwilling to support my Treo use, but against it.
    rziems-
    I believe it will not work directly with your corporate email account. However you could do what I was looking at doing...setting up a hosted exchange account with MI8.com or Mailstreet.com and setup a rule in your corporate exchange to forward all emails to the newly established "hosted" account. You would then be able to have the "push" email. You could also try what many others swear by, forwarding your email to fastmail.fm and using chatter for that "push"-like email.
    Last edited by mykul; 07/21/2005 at 09:04 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast