Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK just stopped by CC and they had the new TT700 - I'm having trouble pairing the phone

I go to BT and select setup devices > hands free > next > looks for devices and finds tomtom go 700 > I select it from list and hot connect > it asks me to enter pass key > i enter the 0000 required by tomtom (in TT manual) > looks like its going to make a connection and then it comes back with a Bluetooth Security Error "unable to add TomTom 700 to your trusted device list"

When I try to go the other way and start setup with TT

It finds my phone (right name) i select tit and it comes back with "unable to use this phone. No Bluetooth features reported"

What gives? Any Clues? - my guess is passkey issue - but it says 0000 in manual

Am I missing something obvios????

BT on----Discoverable

THANKS
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier
    It finds my phone (right name) i select tit and it comes back with "unable to use this phone. No Bluetooth features reported"
    Try selecting boob.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  3.    #3  
    :-) ...ok that's pretty funny .. i guess my fat fingers got in the way
    I too am having troubles with my new Tomtom 700. I am able to get the Treo and Tomtom paired if I enable dial up netowrking on my Treo, but the only features the Tomtom see are 'Wireless Internet Connection' and I am unable to get that working. If I disable the DUN I am unable to pair the two.

They must work, because once paired the Treo 650 is a selectable device in the list, although SprintPCS is not in the list of providers.
    ...Scott
  5.    #5  
    I will post anything i find here
    Treo 650 is not listed as a phone for hands free calling with TomTom Go 700. See http://www.tomtom.com/products/secti...107&Language=4

I'm not sure of the TomTom 700 specs, but the Treo 650 is strictly bluetooth 1.1 (not the new bluetooth 1.2 implementation) and the TomTom 700 may not be compatible with the old bluetooth implementation on the Treo 650.
  7.    #7  
    OK - Spoke with TomTom and they say the Treo650 is not compatible because it does not accept inbound BT request.

Does this sound right?

Does anybody have an idea how to get around this?

Is this an upgrade that Palm or a "Shadowmate" (sp?) could make

As sbessel points out above - if you enable DUN it comes up on the list of devices on the TT700

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

This is a real bummer
    It would seem to me that any Treo650 programmer could write a program to supply the Tomtom 700 what it is looking for.

I for one would be willing to pay for that program, and I am pretty sure TomTom would as well.. From the people I have talked to at TomTom they really want to get their unit working with the 650.
    ...Scott
    Of course I ordered the TomTom GO700 when the T650 was still on the compatible list!! By the time it arrived today (a month later), obviously T650 is no longer listed compatible.

I still wonder, though, what it would take to enable...
    Some hacks in the Treo seem like the best place to start (Both in price & in frustration-factor, the Treo would be less of a loss if something were to go wrong !). It seems like someone who knew the differences in how BT is implemented in the 650 vs. the phones that work with the TT Go700 (and other BT accessories) would be able to hack this somehow.

If not, I've got to decide which to let go of. Since my Treo hasn't sync'd in 3 months (OLERR errors, then resets) and my Backup program resets it too (losing all reg codes for software), I'm as ready for a change as Palm's competition could ever want me to be!!
    (Sorry to rant, but I never had so many problems with a PDA, and I've been through almost a dozen by now...)

ANyways, back on topic, any leads in the TT GO 700 process would be greatly appreciated.
    Best,
    M
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhozier
    OK - Spoke with TomTom and they say the Treo650 is not compatible because it does not accept inbound BT request.
    I had the same response from a CS rep today...... "The Treo 650 device does not accept an external Bluetooth request therefore creates a problem with pairing the device with the GO 300/700....

I wonder if this has something to do with Palm using BT 1.1 instead of 1.2+
    Here is Palm knowledge base on bluetooth
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?F22A52B7B

TomTom Phone Compatibility list
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H41A31B7B

Arggh.. I cannot believe some of the other phones on this list and yet a programmable smartphone cannot bond...doh!
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I upgraded my TomTom700 to 5.202 and I am able to pair my Sprint Treo650. I was able to import addresses and make and receive calls. I have not had any time to test, but so for this is 100% better than I have ever received.

The only place I could find the update was packaged here.

There is lots of TomTom firmware and other information located here.
    Last edited by sbessel; 07/26/2005 at 11:47 AM.
    ...Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessel
    I upgraded my TomTom700 to 5.202 and I am able to pair my Sprint Treo650. I was able to import addresses and make and receive calls. I have not had any time to test, but so for this is 100% better than I have ever received.

The only place I could find the update was packaged here.

There is lots of TomTom firmware and other information located here.
    Awesome! Thanks for the info and links. Just updated my TTG 700 and I am able pair, make and receive calls on the Treo 650 via bluetooth as well.

Still can't access the Internet though, but methinks this is due to the TTG requiring GPRS for Internet apps.

Sbessel, for some reason, the TTG will only download the phone numbers in the speed dial entries on the Treo 650. Were you able to download all your phonebook entries? And if so, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    Still can't access the Internet though, but methinks this is due to the TTG requiring GPRS for Internet apps.
    same problem here, no internet, I think I have tried everything, I am able to get the DUN working through my laptop, but I feel the TTG700 is looking for something 'else'

Quote Originally Posted by cortjestir
    Sbessel, for some reason, the TTG will only download the phone numbers in the speed dial entries on the Treo 650. Were you able to download all your phonebook entries? And if so, how?
    I found the same thing, it imports only contacts that are set as speed dial on your dial pad.

I just used the export function from my Outlook and then imported, with some work, into the contacts.txt file on My TTG700.

This is a work around, as inporting speed dial only seems like the incorrect thing to do, but at least they fixed the paring and send/receive calls, which is a major step in the right direction.

*** I did find one nasty bug. If you start to dial a call from the TTG and then cancel it quickly it will reset my Treo, but if I wait for a few rings everythng is O.K.

I do like being able to just get into the car while on the phone and have the TTG take the call over once powered up, and then transfer back to my phone when finished.

So far I am impressed with the TTG700 - it seems like they are on top of getting things working. I love the features and ability to customize it.

Far better than the Garmin I tried.
    ...Scott
    How exactly did you guys get the Treo and the TT700 to pair? Did you initiate from the phone or the TomTom?

-James
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlini
    How exactly did you guys get the Treo and the TT700 to pair? Did you initiate from the phone or the TomTom?

-James
    Start it from the TTG700, then the Treo will prompt for the passkey, the TTG displays the proper one to use.
    ...Scott
    This is great news. I have a remaining question before I go out and buy though. Does the inability to connect to the internet mean that you can't use the Tomtom plus traffic services to see traffic in your metropolitan area overlaid on the map? Do these services even exist yet in the US (San Francisco Bay Area)? Lastly, when you mention that the TTG requires GPRS does this mean that you are using Sprint and don't have GPRS? I use Cingular, and therefore do have GPRS, might I therefore be able to use the internet?

Sorry for all the questions, excited about potentially getting this and want to make sure before I go and spend the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by ktabb
    This is great news. I have a remaining question before I go out and buy though. Does the inability to connect to the internet mean that you can't use the Tomtom plus traffic services to see traffic in your metropolitan area overlaid on the map? Do these services even exist yet in the US (San Francisco Bay Area)? Lastly, when you mention that the TTG requires GPRS does this mean that you are using Sprint and don't have GPRS? I use Cingular, and therefore do have GPRS, might I therefore be able to use the internet?

Sorry for all the questions, excited about potentially getting this and want to make sure before I go and spend the money.
    Yep. No Internet connection means no traffic or weather information (as well as wireless software updates and other Internet features of the TTG700).

As for whether or not traffic services are activated in the US, check out this thread: http://www.mytomtomgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2229.

I am using a Sprint Treo 650. I haven't heard of anyone succesfully getting Internet-enabled features to work on any Treo 650 yet, GPRS or CDMA. However, with this TTG 5.202 software (and the upcoming 5.3 coming out), it seems that TomTom is trying to make things work with the 650. Don't know if the 5.202 software will enable TTG700 to use GPRS/GSM Treo 650's for Internet enabled apps.

Being able to pair, and make and receive calls is a HUGE step in my view. Let's hope more work will get done soon.

The TomTom Go 700 is one amazing piece of technology. You won't regret your purchase. :-)
  18.    #18  
    sbesel

are you able to dial a poi by selecting it in the tt700 ... any chance you can take a picture/screen shot displaying the contacts you loaded into your tt700 .... I hyped out and returned my tt700 and got the 300 ... i then bought the parrot 3100 ... i think i will go back again to the 700 this weekend .... how hard was it to upgrade the firmware

thanks
    Screen shots are gonna be a pain... yes I can dial from a POI... firmware upgrade was simple, backup old files, copy over new... 3 minutes. The only issue with contacts is that it loads only what is in speed dial, an obvious bug which I am sure they will fix, but inthe interim you can just manually edit the contacts.txt file on your TTG700.
    ...Scott
    I still can't get mine to pair. I'm on Cingular. Upgraded the ttg700 to 5.202 and initiated pairing from there. It saw the phone but when I select it the TomTom still says "unable to use this phone. No Bluetooth features reported". Anyone had any luck on Cingular? I'm using Treo firmware 1.15CNG.

-James
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast