Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    does anyone know how to get the keypad to come on once you make a phone connection with Treo, can you use the Tomtom or do you have to use the Treo?
    I made the mistake of disconnecting with Tomtom during a call to go to the phone, then I was not able to reconnect again, Tomtom kept telling me it was trying to intialize the phone and no go. I had to power down the Tomtom and restart...
    bioart,

On the TomTom, when it asks about internal and external mics, are you answering Internal?? Seems obvious, but I thought I'd ask anyway....

If you are answering internal and still can't get people to hear you, I suspect you either have a bad mounting base or something is blocking part of the connection to the base...
    Last edited by resinomer; 12/06/2005 at 07:37 AM.
    Sanglee,

you have just brought up the only times my connections have gotten crossed. Most of the time, if I bring the connection to the Treo because of just not wanting the speaker discussion, everything is fine. For some reason if I access the keypad on the treo, say to enter voice mail codes, the TomTom revolts occassionally. I did just what you did. Power the TomTom down, wait a few seconds and then power it back up. That seems to clear whatever has gotten hung. Annoying, but better than it not working at all which is where I was a week ago.
    These are interesting developments. Thanks Resinomer for sharing the details of your Cingular connection.
    I'm curious about this keyboard access issue, since I routinely enter numbers/extensions/codes while talking handsfree & I've never had the BT connection drop as a result. (I have the Sprint Treo).
    I know my Treo treats the connection as a Handsfree/Headset profile, which may make a difference here. If I want to disable the connection (due to windows open/ wind noise), I just click the Treo button on-screen for "Cancel HeadSet" and the sound routes back to the Treo. The next time I place a call, audio is back to the TomTom GO unless I again tell it otherwise....

If I want to disable the connection more long-term, I do so from the TomTom (CellPhone>COnnect to Phone>Cancel>"Do You Want to stay paired with Treo650"?>NO. This way the next call(s) I make will be on Treo audio until the next time I re-pair them.

Just thought these details might be helpful in terms of what is possible between these two. Perhaps it's a carrier difference, though. (Sprint vs. Cingular).
    Best of Luck,
    M
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a way to bring up the keypad during call. I tried a couple things, including going to <mobile phone>, <call>, <123> which just hung up my other call. If I figure something out I'll let everyone now. As for the contacts vs. speed dial numbers transferred to the TomTom, did I understand that someone here got both lists transferred to the TomTom? I ended up putting some 15 commonly used numbers in the speed dial list, but obviously if I can figure out how to get the contacts in that would be great.
    I did select both the internal and external mic options... no luck. I'm going to buy a new mounting base anyways, so maybe that will test it

I can confirm though that I've unpaired and repaired the phones in hands-free many times... both as handsfree and carkit. (no mic in either). It is a bit of a pain to get the timing right, but once it's recognized by the Treo, the connection will work. Basically, what seems to be happening is that the TomTom does not know how to ask the the Treo nicely for an initial connection. By having the tomtom recognize it first, the treo is now paying more attention and seems to be able to respond properly to the TomTom. I hope TomTom Support is still reading this (even though we scared him/her away some time ago

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Hmm... just a thought, is the base for the 700 different than the 300? I had originally bought a 300 and exchanged it for a 700, but I thought they where the same accessories, so I just returned the untouched 700 base in the 300 box... I have a feeling they are different (no mic on the 300)... I just ordered a new 700 base anyways and an external mic, so hopefully this would fix my alleged stupidity
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    My external mic came today and it specifical states for 500 and 700 only. Does seem to help outgoing sound quality.....
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart
    Hmm... just a thought, is the base for the 700 different than the 300? I had originally bought a 300 and exchanged it for a 700, but I thought they where the same accessories, so I just returned the untouched 700 base in the 300 box... I have a feeling they are different (no mic on the 300)... I just ordered a new 700 base anyways and an external mic, so hopefully this would fix my alleged stupidity
    Hello Bioart! Glad to hear success is coming nearer!
    The Go 700 Bases are indeed the ONLY bases with Mic's Built In. They're very often mis-advertised or mis-understood to be the same, so make sure you get your base from a reliable source (return policy!). They look quite similar as I recall, but you're completely right... the 300 Or GOplus bases (and hence the person on the other end of the horn) will never be able to "hear" you!

Hope this helps!
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    BTW, it did work properly once I got the right base and mic. I just got a replacement phone (dropped too many times), so know I need to get the timing right to pair them off... (I've tried a few times already... last time it took a little bit to get it right...)

Ok, I got it to work again...

Make sure you delete the Bluetooth Device Cache and Bluetooh Trusted Devices files with Filez or the like.

It was very painless once I did that (short instructions based on the previous posts):

-SoftReset Both
    -Have TomTom Find Treo (don't hit continue)
    -Go to Treo Setup Hands Free, Wait until it finds TomTom
    -Highlight TomTom
    -Press OK and Continue on Treo and TomTom
    -Quickly enter 0000 on the Treo
    -Select Car Kit
    Now you are done with the Treo.
    -On TomTom, try to pair again. It should work.

I'm happy again

Art
    Excellent! I managed to get it to work using these precise instructions ( didn't bother to reboot either the Treo or the TT though ) . I did notice that
    * the TT loses the phone after ~10s. If a call comes in the Treo will reconnect so it doesn't seem to have any negative side effects
    * SMS messages do not show up on the TT

Still, at least I can make & receive calls using the TT. At last.
    Quote Originally Posted by V8ED
    Excellent! I managed to get it to work using these precise instructions ( didn't bother to reboot either the Treo or the TT though ) . I did notice that
    * the TT loses the phone after ~10s. If a call comes in the Treo will reconnect so it doesn't seem to have any negative side effects
    * SMS messages do not show up on the TT

Still, at least I can make & receive calls using the TT. At last.
    Congrats guys!
    When you mention that the phone connection is lost, do you mean the phone icon with the "?" on the screen? If so, that's not s sign that the phone is disconnected, only that it's not active (at least in my case). Phone #s can still be accessed, calls can be placed, etc.

"AT LAST"- Yes indeed, quite a process to get there, but rewarding when it happens! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by taruky
    It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a way to bring up the keypad during call. I tried a couple things, including going to <mobile phone>, <call>, <123> which just hung up my other call. If I figure something out I'll let everyone now. As for the contacts vs. speed dial numbers transferred to the TomTom, did I understand that someone here got both lists transferred to the TomTom? I ended up putting some 15 commonly used numbers in the speed dial list, but obviously if I can figure out how to get the contacts in that would be great.
    Taruky,
    Yes, you can tweak the contacts file by exporting your contacts (say from Outlook or Palm Desktop) into a TTGo file. Details may exist be elsewhere in this thread, but are certainly available at www.MyTomTomGo.com in the Bluetooth forums. This aspect is not Treo-particular, so the field of info is broader, and the same steps can be used to add custom POI's with phone numbers.... just exported to a different file.
    Just remember to back up beforehand!!

M
    Last edited by MindFull; 01/31/2006 at 01:48 PM.
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    TomTom released version 5.440 for the TomTom Go 500/700 etc:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/index....age=1&FID=1750

Here is what the page says:

-----------------------------------------
    We recommend this update if the version number of the application on your TomTom GO is lower than version 5.440. This update cannot be used with TomTom ONE and TomTom RIDER.

What's new in 5.440?
    - It is now possible to have a two way hands free conversation via TomTom GO 500/700 and your Permanent Docking Kit over your car's speakers.

What's new since 5.420?
    - It's even easier to start a Traffic trial on your device.
    - After setting up TomTom Traffic, it is automatically enabled.
    - Streets with the same name in towns that are close together are not confused in this version.
    - The quality of the sound has been optimised when using hands-free calling (GO 500 and 700).
    - Version 5.420 is compatible with more mobile phones.
    - All entries in the phonebook, on mobile phones compatible with this feature, are now transferred to your TomTom device, no matter where they are stored.
    -----------------------------------------

(In their description above, perhaps they mean that "Version _5.440_ is compatible with more mobile phones." It might be a typo.

In any case, has anyone downloaded/update this latest update for their TomTom Go device? Does it allow for better pairing with the Trio 650 to allow data/traffic services?
    Has anyone ever gotten a Verizon Treo 650 to connect with a TomTom 700. I have upgraded to the latest s/w 5.440 and have followed many of the suggestions in this thread but still no go. I really don't care about using it as a bluetooth speakerphone but would like to use TomTom Plus traffic and weather but this requires pairing the Treo and TomTom. I see people have been able to do this with Cingular is there something about CDMA phones like the Verizon 650 that is different as to make it not work?

Thanks,

Marv
    I've read all of the posts and I am wondering if anyone has had any luck with a GO 510. I am trying to pair my Treo 600 and my GO 510. I was able to get the data setup using DUN but I cannot get them to pair for handsfree calling.

TIA
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567