Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by trustyct
    Hey guys,
    Sorry. The traffic now works perfectly thats to your information. But phone still doesn't operate, even with "phone section" off and dun off.
    I have the same issue... plus services are fine, but I can't pair in hards free zone...

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Hey all! I've been away from these boards for so long!
    Can't believe a TomTom rep stopped in. Wow, given the issues many have had, at the very least I can't fault his bravery! LOL.

Anyways, I'm happy to say my Handsfree has been working consistently (SprintPCS Treo 650) since back in September when I struggled to get it going. Even after soft & hard resets/restores on both units.

Now I've got the updated firmware on TTG700 & have been enjoying PLUS services for the past half hour, as many of you have as well.

I'll try to reconnect handsfree service this evening to verify that all goes well. But I must say, if history is any lesson, that the hardest time to connect is the first!

Even to get PLUS services going, I had to systematically remove the pairings from the handsfree profile on both Treo & TomTom to get started. We'll see if it works to re-establish em. I'll keep you posted!

(Here's a link to sharing a bit of excitement on another board)
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    Add me to the list of depressed people who purchased a Tom Tom Go 700 but are unable to get their Treo to work with it.

I have a Cingular Treo and the most current firmware from both Palm and Tom Tom.

Too bad, I really like the 700.
    Hey LG,
    You've probably already been there, but have you looked into this link on another site?
    http://www.mytomtomgo.com/forum/view...r=asc&start=30
    Mostly folks who have posted here as well, but adding one resource to the other helped me connect...
    Since you're with Cingular, I'd venture that you can get PLUS services (GPRS) but no Handsfree?
    From the Desk Of....
    MindFull
    SF Bay~
    The Treo 650: Crisp & Clean, but the RAM is lean!
    I did have a look at that site a few days ago.

But I can't connect at all, this includes PLUS.
    Guys,

I just got my CINGULAR TREO650 to work handsfree with the TOMTOM 700!!!! I'll review what I did before I post it, but Caller ID, microphone and speaker all work. The phonebook transfer seems to only be for the quick contact list, but I can live with that.

Suffice it to say, my TOMTOM just got a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by resinomer
    Guys,

I just got my CINGULAR TREO650 to work handsfree with the TOMTOM 700!!!! I'll review what I did before I post it, but Caller ID, microphone and speaker all work. The phonebook transfer seems to only be for the quick contact list, but I can live with that.

Please post how you got this to work.

I'd really like to get it going with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by resinomer
    Guys,

Still dying to hear how to get his working.
    Just a tought... how many of the people having troubles with the latest version installed the BT dialup hack (or custom ROM) (even if you removed it and did a hard reset)? Did anyone with it working do that in the past?

Even if you restored to "factory defaults" using the original ROM...

Since I'm running out of options, I'd figure we start surveying what others have in common...

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Hello All! I'm running the 700 with a Verizon Treo 650. As supplied, there is absolutely no connection between the two. I have been able to get the plus services after installing the hack for DUN as directed earlier in this thread. No success at all with the hands free phone setup. I contacted TomTom's tech support area. It took them over two weeks to get back to me (GREAT Customer Service after a $900 purchase, right? ). Here is their reply, pasted directly from my email dated today, 12/2:

Subject
    Can't Link Phone

Discussion Thread
    Response 12/02/2005 12:58 PM
    Dear Mr Reynolds,

The Treo 650's Bluetooth stack does not accept any external Bluetooth requests. You can connect to external keyboards and ear pieces but it will not accept any incoming requests from other devices. This is why the Treo 650 is not on our compatibility list for our Go 300 and 700 units. We are currently trying to find a way around the Bluetooth coding but as of right now, it is not compatible. If you have any further questions, please contact us at (978) 287-9555, option 1.

Kind Regards,

TomTom USA Customer Service
    Customer 11/18/2005 07:39 AM
    I just purchased my new GO 700 yesterday. I tried to set up my Palm TREO 650 phone / pda to the device to get it to allow the hands free calling and plus services. When I try to pair the phone, the GO 700 finds the phone but then says "Unable to use this phone. No Bluetooth features reported." This phone has "all the toys" on it, including GPRS internet connection etc.

Please help me.

Thanks.

Question Reference #051118-001069
    Product Level 1: TomTom GO 700
    Product Level 2: Hardware/device
    Category Level 1: hands-free calls
    Date Created: 11/18/2005 07:39 AM
    Last Updated: 12/02/2005 12:58 PM
    GPS type:
    GPSType(other):
    PDA manufacturer: Palm
    PDA model: Treo 650
    PDA OS version: 3.5.3
    PC Operating system: Windows XP Professional
    Sorry for the delay about how I got the Cingular Treo to pair with the TomTom but life gets busy this time of year.

First, I have upgraded the TomTom to the latest update, 5.42. This may work with earlier versions I just haven't tried it. I have tried and successfully paired the treo with both the 1.15 and the new 1.17 firmware for the treo. I had to do it the same way both times so this ridiculously simply method method may work for other phone carriers as well. I just don't have another phone to try it with.

First the logic behind my madness. Both of these gadgets want to initiate the pairing. The Treo wants to pair with a hands free device using its own routine. The TomTom wants to initiate the pairing but it can't see the features of the Treo phone. UNLESS, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF YOU GOT THEM BOTH TO LOOK FOR THE OTHER AT THE SAME TIME!!!!! It worked beautifully and now I have actually done this successfully three times. The only glitches I have had is where for some unknown reason the TomTom could not find the phone twice. Both times the issue was solved by powering the TomTom off and back on. Otherwise this works flawlessly and while I haven't found a way to transfer the entire address book, any numbers you have stored in the 5 pages of quick call buttons will move to the phone and for myself that's plenty. Any calls you initiate or answer from the phone itself automatically will be moved to the TomTom unless you use the cancel headset button on the display. One neat thing I have found is if you have the treo included wired earphone/mic plugged in, when hit answer on the TomTom, the call is still handled through the wired earphone/mic. So I am using that in the car when I have others with me I don't want to potentially hear any conversations.

Now How to do it!!!!

1) First do a "soft" reset of the treo. May not be necessary but doesn't hurt. Then soft reset the TomTom.
    2) Open the Bluetooth display on the treo. Make sure dial up networking is OFF. Make sure discoverable is on. Then turn Bluetooth off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on.
    3) Go to "Setup Devices", then "Trusted Devices". If your TomTom is already listed, go to Details and delete it.
    4) Then work your way back using the "Done" button to the Setup Devices page. Choose "Hands-free Setup". The next page tells us to get the hands free device ready to pair so get the TomTom ready.
    5) On the TomTom, go to the "connect to phone" button and let it find the treo. DO NOT hit "Continue" when it says it is ready to start the pairing process!!!!
    6) Back on the treo you may have had the phone turn off, if so work your way quickly back to the screen where it tells you to set up the handfree device to pair. The Button you want to hit here is "Next". The treo will search and should find the TomTom. Highlight the TomTom on the list.
    7) And this part is critical. Hit "Continue" on the TomTom and "OK" on the Treo at approximately the same time. You will get the enter the passcode for the TomTom on the Treo pretty quickly, enter 0000 (zeroes) and hit "OK" quickly.
    8) During the first attempt at pairing the two the treo gives you the option setup as a headset or carkit. Choose CarKit. The TomTom will likely at this point refuse the connection and tell you no features are available. DON'T panic. Finish the Treo setup and then try the TomTom again. Now that the Treo is open to the TomTom, the Nav unit "sees" the treo and finishes the connection on its end.

Amazingly it works and you will see the TomTom will ask about internal and external microphones and transfering the phone book.

Good luck and Happy Pairing!!!!!
    Last edited by resinomer; 12/05/2005 at 09:35 AM.
    Thanks for posting the steps.

I'll give it a shot today.
    Hi I am a new member, I tried resinomer's suggestion and it worked for me. I have Cingular with unlocked Treo650 v1.13-ROW, my TTG700 is running 5.420.
    I was able to attach so I can use my phone. However when I am in this mode, my Plus functions do not work. This means I have to disconnect and reconnect using DUN at which point I can link and get weather, traffic etc.. but no phone.
    The phone connection is also not very stable, it could take me as much as 30 seconds for TT to connect to my phone which is right next to it, and sometimes it just loses it so I have to start over.
    I have tried it with other BT phones like my old Nokia 3650 and it worked with no issue, all features worked at first try.

I have migrated up from Treo600 to 650 because of the BT support and I have to say I am extremely dissapointed with my decision because the 650 came out 2 months after I purchased my 600! I finally upgraded 2 months ago and I guess this was a bad decision. The Palm people are deciving as well, I went to the store in Logan Airport Palm store and they said TTG700 works with Treo650.

I guess since I did get mine to work, it is not a lie - but not very friendly.
    Sanglee000,

I would suggest upgrading your treo to the newer firmware. Bluetooth is better with the new software. I don't have any problems most of the time. As soon as I cut the TomTom on, it connects with the phone. The only real complaint I have right now is people on the other end of the conversation say I have "tunnel" voice. I have ordered the external microphone to help with that.

But, I currently have no trouble with the two recognizing each other.
    Hi,
    The version on my Treo is latest version for Unlocked version, I did not try to install Cingular version as I wasn't sure if this made any difference.
    My phone Firmware V1.28.
    The BT about menu says V1.0, should this number be newer?

Thanks
    I am new here, and I've found all the information very helpful, thank you. I did manage to pair my phone with the TTG 700 thanks to Resinomer's advice. Although I had to do a little variation to get it to work, but I love it now. On the TTG 700, I got to the point where it asked me to press "continue" to initiate pairing, then stopped (did not press "continue" yet). Then on the Treo, I went through the 'setup devices' process all the way through entering "0000" when it asked for the passkey. Right after entering the paskey and hitting "OK", I hit "continue" on the TTG 700. It was smooth sailing from there.

I have not tried the plus services, not worth it to me at this point. Too much work pairing and repairing, especially while driving in the car.

I do have one question for anyone who can answer it. I am also getting numbers downloaded from the Treo's speed dial only. Has anyone had success getting numbers from the contact list? I suppose I can re-enter all the important numbers into speed dial if necessary.

Thanks.
    My phone is unlocked Cingular and obviously has a different firmware sequence number. I don't know what the current one is for a phone purchased as unlocked would be but check palm's website. They post the updates there for downloading. Just remember to stick with whatever firmware path you started with. If yours is ROW then stick with that. Palm's instructions are pretty good for upgrading.

I remember one of the upgrades I did, specifically said it improved hands free performance....
    Hmm...

It almost worked... I did a pairing with the TomTom and tried doing a simultaneous pairing. What ended up working is that I somehow (can't replicate it yet), I added the TomTom as a trusted device on the Treo. I was then able to find the treo from the tomtom and connect to it (as a hands free). I could see both my full contacts and the quick ones. I placed and received a few calls, but no one could hear me (I could hear them). I had the tomtom set up as using the internal mic... is this right?

I removed the pairing and tried reconnecting but it didn't work. I think I need to delete the trusted cache from the treo since it is still there... so I will try this on my drive home.

Almost there.... I have sprint 1.12 and TT 5.240

Art
    bioart,

I have seen some say that their treo asks during the pairing process if you want to set the TomTom up as a Headset or carkit???? If yours does this make sure you chose carkit....

Also, I went through everything again and found out that I omitted something from the steps. I am editing the instructions in the original post to reflect the change.

During the first attempt at pairing the two the treo gives you the option setup as a headset or carkit. Choose CarKit. The TomTom will likely at this point refuse the connection and tell you no features are available. DON'T panic. Finish the Treo setup and then try the TomTom again. Now that the Treo is open to the TomTom, the Nav unit "sees" the treo and finishes the connection on its end.

Sorry for the omission, but evidently on my succesful attempts, I didn't realize the treo had already set itself up and the TomTom just finished the connection.

I also tried the method above where you start the treo before you hit continue on the TomTom and for MY PHONE that DOES NOT work. I am glad the other user found the alternative on his. That may offer another option for people to make this work.

I'm just happy that $1200 worth of electronics now act like $1200 worth of electronics, and that I was able to find a "trick" to make it work for myself and a few others. Maybe if the TomTom and Palm folks still read this thread, it will allow them another clue as to why this isn't simpler and they can fix the issue so it works for everyone.
    Last edited by resinomer; 12/05/2005 at 09:44 AM.
    I had the question about the carkit/headset and answered both ways. It may be that since I also have another handsfree headset, it is getting confused. I will try a remote mic and see what happens. BTW, using your instructions, I can now consistenly pair... I can hear people, but they don't hear me. I'm so close

Thanks!

Art
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast