Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I have redirected the email hard button from the regular Mail app to Snapper Mail. Twice now the button has switched back on its own. I have had soft resets, but no hard resets. Every other button remembers its mapping. What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks,

    Dave
  2. #2  
    Have you:
    1. Checked, "Register as the default email app" within Snapper? (menu->Options/Preferences/System)

    2. Selected Snapper as the application to be opened by the Messaging button? (Preferences, Personal/Buttons)
  3. #3  
    Only time my buttons reset is after an update. Like the latest patch from Palm.
  4. #4  
    I had this problem too, but it recently just stopped. It's now correct (I use VersaMail on that button), and I have no explaination. I think there was some other app causing it to reset, but I did not pay attention to what app I un-installed to get it to remember I did not want the default mail set to that button...
    _________________________________
    Sprint Mogul (HTC 6800)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Have you:
    1. Checked, "Register as the default email app" within Snapper? (menu->Options/Preferences/System)

    2. Selected Snapper as the application to be opened by the Messaging button? (Preferences, Personal/Buttons)
    Bill:

    The answer is "Yes" to both questions. Both times it happened, Snapper was still registered as the default email app, but the button setting (under prefs) had reverted from Snapper to Mail. Houdini says he had same problem and eventually it went away, so I guess I will just wait and see. I wish I knew what app was causing it (without testing by uninstalling a bunch of stuff).

    Dave
  6. #6  
    It's happened to me once or twince.

    I think it's related to the preferences bug.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    It's happened to me once or twince.

    I think it's related to the preferences bug.
    What is the preferences bug?
  8. #8  
    Many people have experienced a bug where after a soft reset all their saved preferences, app registration codes, select alerts etc. are reset to the default.
  9. #9  
    Sort of a side bar question. I too have Snapper and the mail icon does not appear anymore on the Phone app when new mail is received. Does this message indicating icon not work with Snapper?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

    Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    2483274973
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Sort of a side bar question. I too have Snapper and the mail icon does not appear anymore on the Phone app when new mail is received. Does this message indicating icon not work with Snapper?
    Nope. It seems to be "hardwired" to Versamail.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  11. #11  
    I'm having a similar problem. I prefer to have VersaMail mapped to the Mail button. I use Sprint's Business Connection, and have set it up as the Options + Mail button. At least once a day, Business Connection hijacks both mail buttons. I'll reset it in Prefs -> Buttons, but it will only last a while.

    It does not take a soft reset for this hijack to occur.


    Bruce
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce B
    I'm having a similar problem. I prefer to have VersaMail mapped to the Mail button. I use Sprint's Business Connection, and have set it up as the Options + Mail button. At least once a day, Business Connection hijacks both mail buttons. I'll reset it in Prefs -> Buttons, but it will only last a while.

    It does not take a soft reset for this hijack to occur.


    Bruce
    It seems as if this button switch may be happening when I hotsync. That is only a guess, and if it does happen then, it may not happen at every hotsync. Does this sound similar to other peoples situation?
  13. #13  
    I had the same issue when using Verizon's wireless sync option. The mail hard button would reset to Mail, which launches the Intellisync client. Disabling wireless sync caused the issue to cease, but before doing that I wrote a small panel app to change the button back after a soft reset. It's free and I'm open to suggestions from anyone, especially non-Verizon Treo 650 users who might require somehat different solutions.

Posting Permissions