1.    #1  
    I have searched the boards and found some discussion of this topic but no firm answers. I have replaced a lot of the built in or free software with other apps and I want to know what I can delete. For example:

(1) I use Snapper mail. Does that mean I can delete the regular Mail app and the Verizon Wireless Sync without hurting anything?

(2) I use KeySuite for PIM apps. Does that mean I can delete the regular Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc? I am worried that other apps might use the built in items instead of KeySuite without my realizing it.

(3) I use P-Tunes. Can I delete Real player?

Thanks,

Dave
    No, no and... no. These apps are in ROM and can not be deleted. You can hide the icons using a program call Obfuscate, and I am sure someone will figure out how to do a custom ROM for Verizon soon without these apps. In the meantime, you are stuck with them.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    No, no and... no. These apps are in ROM and can not be deleted. You can hide the icons using a program call Obfuscate, and I am sure someone will figure out how to do a custom ROM for Verizon soon without these apps. In the meantime, you are stuck with them.
    THanks Z. I was afraid of that. Does your comment even apply to Wireless Sync? It seems like I loaded that from the CD ROM or from wireless download, but I am not certain.
    You can always try to delete it using the Delete app function from the main menu. If it shows up on the list, then you can delete it. If it doesnt show on the list, well, you cant.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I just created a category called "ROM Junk" and put the icons there. It gets them out of the way without messing with the ROM itself.
    If you really want to get rid of them there is always a Custom ROM....
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Not for Verizon, though...and you prolly won't get the opportunity to make a custom ROM.

Your only option, dheymann, is Obfuscate.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Your only option, dheymann, is Obfuscate.
    Not the only option.

Many third party launchers, like Z Launcher or Launcher X offer ways to hide icons for unused apps. For example, create a tab in Z Launcher called "Unused." Then drag all the icons for the apps you don't want to see into the tab. Then make the tab hidden. Even though they're still taking up space you won't be bothered/cluttered by their icons.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Not the only option.

Many third party launchers, like Z Launcher or Launcher X offer ways to hide icons for unused apps. For example, create a tab in Z Launcher called "Unused." Then drag all the icons for the apps you don't want to see into the tab. Then make the tab hidden. Even though they're still taking up space you won't be bothered/cluttered by their icons.
    My bad. I don't use a launcher, none of 'em seemed like they were worth money to me...tried Z, X, Facer, & Initiate. Most features that they could provide I already have covered by other software, except for the looks. But I can go without the looks. I wish there were free launchers.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Where would one find this?
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Where would one find this?
    You have to make your own using the tool found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    My bad. I don't use a launcher, none of 'em seemed like they were worth money to me...tried Z, X, Facer, & Initiate. Most features that they could provide I already have covered by other software, except for the looks. But I can go without the looks. I wish there were free launchers.
    Ever looked at SilverScreen?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    You have to make your own using the tool found here.
    Thanks. I know you would have to make one although, I thought someone might have made one they would like to share.