1. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Has anyone any experience with this program using Sprint. It says it forwards your call to a landline, so you save your cell phone minutes.
    Bump
    Anyone?
    I just googled it and it came back with many "review" sites. . . .
    Sprint charges by the minute for all forwarded calls. Rather then save you money by not using minutes, forwarding with Sprint could cost you a lot.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    What about Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Sprint charges by the minute for all forwarded calls. Rather then save you money by not using minutes, forwarding with Sprint could cost you a lot.
    Do you have to call sprint or use a numeric command to forward calls?? I see that "Call Forwarding" option in the Phone Preferences....but I'm afraid to use it if it's going to charge me. I wouldn't think soo, since it's done at the endpoint and it's nothing Sprint should be able to know about....
    I fowarded calls all the time on my Treo 600 when I was with T-Mobile. But I have never tried it with Sprint. Yes, they will charge you (10 cents/minute). They will know about it, as the forwarding is done at the network level.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I used to use Fast Forward, (I think it called something else now) when it was first released because of lousy reception in my old apt, and I received a $200+ bill the next month using Sprint. I've since moved and have much better reception, but bottom line is it can cost you big if you're not aware of the fees. A Sprint rep orginally told me .10/call, but found out the hard way it was .10/min.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    What about Cingular?
    Good question - it SAYS that call forwarding is included in my features, but who really knows?
    David