1.    #1  
    TreoCentral users,

I have a 650 on Cingular -- it reaplced my T-600 on Sprint. I also ported my wife's Verizon number over. The service has been horrible. Both of us never like using our phones any more -- you can't keep a call. The Cingular reps keep on saying they are having "network problems" around Boston.

It is so bad you can't even keep a call while driving. We are dropping calls regularly on the Mass Pike, Rte 9, 495, and other routes. It is unusable.

Cingular tech support told me today that 118 towers have been out of service in the MA area for the last 7-14 days, and they are working on it.

My advice to anyone on treocentral: DO NOT PORT TO CINGULAR/ATT in this area.

This is the worst cell coverage we have had since cell was availaible.

Glenn (using my real name)
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ But this very likely, like all other technical problems. is temporary. I would wait until Cingular has these "techinical problems" sorted out before you make a judgement call.

I know of no cellular carrier that hasn't experienced similar problems in isolated areas.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    ^ But this very likely, like all other technical problems. is temporary. I would wait until Cingular has these "techinical problems" sorted out before you make a judgement call.

I know of no cellular carrier that hasn't experienced similar problems in isolated areas.
    It has been two months of bad service -- really unusable. Trust me when I say, you don't even want to make a call. You get one or two minutes of talk time MAX.

Glenn