1.    #1  
    Ok, where did I go wrong???
    I just updated to 1.12 Sprint.
    Now everytime I Hotsync it makes me reset and I lose everything I installed.
    I know I discarded the back-up files that Sprint tells you to do so you don't have this problem but it's doing it anyway.
    Any help or solutions???
    I did a search but can't find the results here regarding Hotsync resets.
    Thanx
    I suspect a bad record in your calendar or contacts database. Try temporarily disabling the hotsync conduits for these apps and see if the Hotsync completes without a reset.

Once you find out which conduit is having the problem you can work on fixing the problem in the database.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Try using dbscan mine will reset afterwards if dbscan finds a corrupt entry.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    No, it's much more simple than that. Your Backup (or System) conduit is incorrectly set. Right click the HotSync Manager icon in your program tray, choose Custom and make the DEFAULT action of the Backup (or System) Conduit, "Handheld overwrites desktop". This conduit should never be set to "Desktop overwrites handheld"...I don't know why it's even an option.
    What if the handheld files got corrupted (because of unexpected reset? or anything). Wouldn't you then need the "Desktop overwrites Handheld" option?

One has to be very careful, though. If something is odd with the treo, one should always check this conduit before hotsyncing, or one will end up with the corrupt files replacing the good files in the backup set ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What if the handheld files got corrupted (because of unexpected reset? or anything). Wouldn't you then need the "Desktop overwrites Handheld" option?

One has to be very careful, though. If something is odd with the treo, one should always check this conduit before hotsyncing, or one will end up with the corrupt files replacing the good files in the backup set ....
    No. There's no good reason for changing the direction of the Backup conduit (formerly known as the System conduit). Your PIM data is not handled by this conduit. If you want to load a file from the backup directory to your Treo, you should double-click it so that it will handled by one of the Install conduits. If you want to load everything in the Backup directory to your Treo, you should hard reset the handheld and HotSync.

REPEAT: There is never any good reason for changing the action of this conduit from the factory delivered, "Handheld overwrites desktop".
  7.    #7  
    Bill.
    yup. I think that was the problem. I did change the sync option (desktop overwrites handheld) because the synchronize option wasn't putting my contacts on the Treo. So I had to manually put my contacts back in the Treo and changed it back to handheld overwrites desktop and that seems to be working now. Thanks. Hope it stays stable now. P.S. I'm using a Mac and my iSync isn't working with it. "sigh"