Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    I bought a SPRINT phone that had been hacked to work on the Verizon network last week, and it has been great. I love the TREO 650. But I have noticed some odd quirks that have popped up. I want to know if anyone else has had these problems or if it is just me.

1.) When I have voicemail come in, I don't seem to have an icon pop up. It shows that I missed a call, but I don't have any little picture show up. That is frustrating. Is this just my phone or is it a Sprint/VZW thing?

2.) When I dial local numbers (like my house), I have to type in the area code + the number. I have never had to do that before. And it doesn't seem to happen to all the local numbers.

3.) And lastly, I am not getting picture mail or text messages. I did not order any data plan, but I didn't have one on my old phone either and i could get text and photos sent to me.

So are these issues I will have to deal with since getting a "hacked" phone? any help would be nice.

thanks
    Kai-
    1. I'm on VZW and I do get a little Email Icon showing that I have Voicemail.

2. Well we have 10-digit dialing here so I've always dialed the area code. I actually always dialed it on every phone I've had regardless of where I lived.

3. Hmmm... VZW normally lets those go through regardless (unless there's a block on the account for them - my husband is blind so I setup a block from his phone receiving any). Check to see if there's a block put on there.
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    mediasi-- Are you just a regular VZW customer, or are you also using a hacked SPRINT phone?

I was a normal VZW customer before, so i know how things "should" work, but I am having problems with this phone working up to expectations.

So does no one else out there use a "hacked" SPRINT phone on the Verizon network?

Kai-