1.    #1  
    Hello,

A co-worker was testing out several bluetooth headsets (HBH-660, Motorola HS850, and Jarba 250) and he let me try out the HBH-600. However, he did not have the instructions with him when he gave it to me and I'm having trouble pairing it with my phone.

I assume it is like the other headsets I've tried where you hold a botton down for several seconds to get it in pairing mode. But, I've tried this and I don't think I've entered pairing mode.

Can someone who has this tell me how to pair it?

Thanks alot for any replies, I'd really like to try it out tonight.
  2.    #2  
    If it matters, I'm currently trying to pair it with my Nokia 6225i. However, like I said, I don't think I've even entered any kind of pairing mode by holding down the button.
    Turn the headset (HBH-660) on; now go to your Treo. Pref > Bluetooth > Setup Device > Handsfree Setup > Next > once your HBH-660 is found, enter 0000 (those are zeros)

If it matters, I'm currently trying to pair it with my Nokia 6225i. However, like I said, I don't think I've even entered any kind of pairing mode by holding down the button.
    Ooops....missed this part. Should be the same principle though. Once the headset is turned on, everything else is done from the phone.

The 660 doesnt giggle wiggle or flash anything that it is in pairing mode; no fancy strobe lighting, no party favors.....nothing.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. I think I ended up pressing the volume buttons down and it put up a different menu (like moving arrows, etc.). . . when I saw the different arrows I did the search for new devices on my phone and it found it. Maybe I reset it or something???

Anyway, it works now, and so far, it seems to be the only headset I have tried that does not sound like static when I place it in my pants pockets. Still very early in testing though, but promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtyger
    Thanks. I think I ended up pressing the volume buttons down and it put up a different menu (like moving arrows, etc.). . . when I saw the different arrows I did the search for new devices on my phone and it found it. Maybe I reset it or something???
    No, you didnt reset it; you put it in rotation mode. Which means you actually can rotate the screen by holding down the up and down volume at the same time for about 5 seconds.
    ~ ScandaLous ~