1.    #1  
    I have some movies on my Treo that I would like to transfer to my PC. When I do the hotlink, it says the movies have transferred but the file comes over with zero bytes of data and won't play. Can this be done? Also, what is the file format of movies taken on a treo? It is MPEG?
    I copy the movies over to my SD card and then insert the card into my computer's SD reader to download them.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
  3.    #3  
    Is that the only way? I have a Sony computer and only have a memory stick slot.
    You could try filepc2pda free file management utility - but it does have a PC component to it. It works pretty well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    You could try filepc2pda free file management utility - but it does have a PC component to it. It works pretty well for me.
    I couldn't get filepc2pda to work for me. But I don't need it really, as the card reader really should be your only option. BUY a 7-in-1 card reader (or a 4-in-1 or 12-in-1, even...doesn't really matter, just as long as it has sd, cf, memorysticks, and xd)...they're like $20 or less and totally worth it.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Most importantly a card reader will transfer files MUCH faster than hotsyncing or using a utility to see the card and using your Palm as a conduit. When I mean faster, I mean by a factor of at least 5 if not faster, no joke. With transferring movies, the thought of using the Palm is positively maddening.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. I will look into a card reader tomorrow. I don't even know what they look like. Big and Bulky? Attached to Treo? Attached to PC? Who makes the best one?
    I don't really care about brand names when it comes to minor accessories like charge/sync cables, sd cards, card readers, and the like. Not sayin' there aren't some brands that absolutely blow, but for the most part, it doesn't matter all that much.

If you have a laptop and your PCMCIA slot is free...I'd recommend getting that type of card reader. Otherwise, your only other real option is USB. I promise you won't regret buyin' yerself a card reader.