1.    #1  
    I now get a "proxy server does not exist" error when using Webpro. I can disable proxy but when I exit I get a "not enough memory error" and my phone resets. After the reset the proxy is enabled again. Is the proxy no longer available?
    I started seeing the same proxy error yesterday - oy!

also - I have always had the "if you change your prefs you die upon exiting" issue with webpro on the 650
    I noticed the same error message when I used webpro to access paypal this morning. This really blows. Blazer can't access paypal, now webpro. Hope it is temporary.
    Thats the worst news i've heard since I've owned my Treo. I love Webpro. This is a sad sad day if this isn't temporary.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This is definatly the worst news, I have just about every browser available for my 650, Blazer, Webviewer,Xiino, Picsel Browser and the one I used the most was Webpro 3.0.1a It allowed me to view sites the other would not. dang! Thats too bad Webpro 3.5 doesnt work on the 650
    Yup, same problem here. Anyone know of another proxy we can use?
  7. hds
    Same here. FWIW, there's a thread about this on the PalmOne forums too:

http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...ExpertiseCode=
    Hopefully its a weekend issue, and Palmone will get it resolved first thing Monday morning. I certainly hope so, because I'm one of the people who actually shelled out the $35 bucks when I purchased it for my 600. Thing is, Palmone doesn't offer web support for any of their apps.
  9.    #9  
    Just wanted to let everyone know the proxy is working again!!
    WHEW!!! That's good news! I was begining to wonder that they might be blacklisting certain serials etc somehow to prevent patched version of webpro from accessing the proxy!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thank the Gods
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I could be wrong but it seems faster now, maybe upgraded proxy maybe?
  13. hds
    Hi - are you all using webpro.palmone.com:8827 as your proxy, as instructed in the kb?? When I use that, I get an error telling me that the network doesn't exist. But when I change it back to the original proxy (webpro.palm.com:8827), it's working again.

Just curious. Thanks

edited to fix URL
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Is webpro faster than xiino?

I know they are all different - one handles java better, another renders pages slightly differently, UI varies..etc.

but my main question is regarding how speedily webpro handles downloads compared to xiino. Is it zippier?
    I gotta have more cowbell
  15. hds
    Setting aside the fact that this is a bit off-topic for this thread...

FWIW - I chose WebPro over Xiino because it displayed some pages more to my liking and I was more comfortable with the interface. Also, if memory serves, Xiino was undergoing a change of management at the time and I wasn't sure where it was headed (if anywhere). Not that WebPro's heading anywhere, of course; Palm seems to have ceased development on it as a stand-alone product as of a year ago.

As far as speed is concerned, I think Xiino may have been ever-so-slightly faster, but not enough to balance out the other considerations for me.

It's worth trying them both.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    If saving RAM is an issue, I've noticed Xiino runs much better from the SD Card than Webpro. When you run Webpro from the SD Card it loads a ton of configuration files individually which takes forever. If you have a big cache saved in Webpro, it takes even longer to load. Xiino fires up quickly from the SD Card, even with a big cache saved.