Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Did you just call me a madam? Darn it, I command respect!
    Did you seriously just delete your signature, Pamela?? Was it really because Insertion called you "madam"??? I dunno if I can respect someone who doesn't respect their own gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    ROFL... thanks guys. It's nice to have the new equipment... Yeah, I noticed the red button but it's like clockwork since it's also easily the most convenient button to hit if you're right handed and holding the phone!!!
    Did you hit the screen button on the 600 like that??
    I'm dealing with changing over from a Treo 270 to a Treo 650. Some actions take more button presses and some take fewer. All in all I'd say that I have way upgraded.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    The ego of some posters is nothing short of stunning...
    (insert bright light here) I betcha someone will start a thread or poll about this......which Treo|C member has the biggest ego?!?

And don't even get me starting on that whole potty training upgrade...
    ewww....must be a P.I.T.A stopping to change your diaper all the time.

Madam, what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their dungeon, should not concern you.
    (note to self) Stay away from him and his dungeon!

Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Did you just call me a madam? Darn it, I command respect!
    Is this a good or bad thing?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    That's a good suggestion and I'll see if that will allow you to have the one button keypresses to launch favorite apps.
    This is what I'm talking about Slinky, not listening. What do you mean, "you'll see"?? Why can't you just say Thanks, Mr. Treo User...because you're the only person helping me get over the horrible death of my nagging old life partner, the 600...God [played by Palm] just isn't listening to me right now....and now that I've got this new fine ho, the 650 (boy does she have a body), I don't like what she's puttin' out. (No offense, ladies) Mediasi said it correctly in that you're just too attached to your old phone. Like I said when you first started posting here, you will adjust to see the benefits over the 600...it's a promise.

Triangle - thanks for the suggestion but my main concern is when driving or performing an activity whereby I don't want/can't use two hands to launch an application.
    Don't tell me you've never taken your eyes off the road for even a WHOLE second!! You'll get used to it, patna! I'll agree that the 4-Way thing for one button pressing should remain the same for internal phone apps (specifically Contacts, Call Log, Voicemail, and something else....maybe Preferencs) but the favorites are a nice complementary to that method of launching programs from anywhere, almost makes a multi-tasking OS irrelevant.

Regarding the call log, that's a real pain and I'm guessing that would require some actual hacking. I can't imagine why they changed it. Thanks guys.
    You'll get used to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Did you seriously just delete your signature, Pamela?? Was it really because Insertion called you "madam"??? I dunno if I can respect someone who doesn't respect their own gender.
    Not sure what you mean - sig is there.

If you mean because I didn't sign my name - I do that manually and sometimes I just plain ole forget.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    You want to talk about anoying? How about the fact that with the Treo 180/270/300 you could start dialing a number or a name and it could figure out what you were doing. They couldn't do that with the Treo 600 or 650?
    In the phone app of the 650, General Preferences, choose Typing Start Contacts Search vs. Typing dials phone number and you'll have that feature.
    Last edited by geneld; 07/11/2005 at 08:15 AM. Reason: clarified info
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12