Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Heh, when I hotsynced my new 650 from my computer (which was already geared for my 600 which had PT) it automatically installed PT on here. Works great, I dont know how to use the shoutcast though. I like the RP though... Just cant suborganize my songs.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    How do you get RealPlayer to shuffle?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbroberg
    The only thing I wish it did:

When listening to tunes in real, the music stops. When the call ends, the music doesn't resume. Under pTunes and Aero, the music resumes automatically.
    RP resumes playing after a call for me. Am I the only one?

I'm thinking of getting PT just for the bookmark capability (audio books). Also, the volume in RP toggles up in large chunks when using the side buttons and I would hope PT does a better job with this.
    Where can I download the realplayer without signing up for a real music store account (and giving my credit card #)...
    My wife's got the free version of Pocket Tunes that we got when we registered the Treo 600 and I've got the included RealPlayer on my 650. Believe it or not, other than "testing it out" when I first got both phones, I hadn't started listening to MP3s with these phones until recently. I also own a Tapwave Zodiac and the sound on that is great, plus I like the huge screen for in-car usage as I can tap on things with my finger. I've been debating whether to continue on with the two-device solution, mainly using the Zodiac in the car for MP3 and GPS, or just try to get by with the 650 as my main device, even for in-car MP3 and GPS usage.

One neat thing about Pocket Tunes (and AeroPlayer) over RealPlayer is the skin support. I'm not interested in skins that look pretty, but rather those that offer finger-friendly interfaces.

Does anyone know if a skin exists for pTunes and/or AeroPlayer that allows you to scroll through the list of songs without changing them, that doesn't require tapping on the stylus-sized scrollbar?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    books in MP3 format
    streaming radio stations (not just shoutcast)
    podcasts
    multiple superior audio formats that Real doesn't handle
    hotsyncs with Windows Media Player

I use pTunes all the time. Rarely if ever use Real - mostly because it doesn't even do all the things that Real on the desktop does.

Greg
    I just recently started using RealPlayer on my 650, and it does pick up where the song was when I'm done with a call. I did install an update to v1.6.1, could that be the difference?
    Well BIG problem with Real Player and Music Store is you CANNOT download in MP3 format and here is the kicker the real player app WONT play RAM format. Real Player does a horrible job at transferring File clip info, all my artist names although correct on the desktop come up VARIOUS ARTIST on the app. Also you can't convert store bought ram files into mp3 you have to burn to a cd then rip them back.

Also when you try to sync with real player it gets buggy. I used Real player on my desktop for years but as a result of getting a 650 it's back to Windows media.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Does anyone know if a skin exists for pTunes and/or AeroPlayer that allows you to scroll through the list of songs without changing them, that doesn't require tapping on the stylus-sized scrollbar?
    Unfortunately, No. Please e-mail Normsoft or ask for this in their Yahoo mailing list/group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pockettunes/
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Realplayer has one feature that drives me nuts: The volume control increases and decreases the volume in increments if you use the 5-way rocker. I can never set the volume just right with in Realplayer without using my stylus. pTunes is has a true sliding volume control.
    Quote Originally Posted by kgilbertsen
    I just recently started using RealPlayer on my 650, and it does pick up where the song was when I'm done with a call. I did install an update to v1.6.1, could that be the difference?
    Where did you get the 1.6.1 update? Can't find it on Palm's site.

Edit:
    Nvm, found it.
    Ok, got the 1.6.1 update and there were two versions:

RealPlayer_for_palmOne_legacy_1_6_1
    RealPlayer_for_palmOne_Treo650_T5_1_6_1

The instructions say to install the correct one (the latter) for the Treo 650 or I'd end up with two RealPlayer icons. I did install the correct one, but I have two RealPlayer icons anyway. Anyone know what's going on here?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    streaming radio stations (not just shoutcast)
    I use pTunes all the time. Rarely if ever use Real - mostly because it doesn't even do all the things that Real on the desktop does.

Greg
    Hi Greg,

How do I get streaming radio other than Shoutcast (besides re-broadcasting my own Shoutcast server stream)? I've found several stations using RAM format but don't have a player.

Thanx
    Keith
    Last edited by eKeith; 01/06/2006 at 06:52 AM.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok, got the 1.6.1 update and there were two versions:

RealPlayer_for_palmOne_legacy_1_6_1
    RealPlayer_for_palmOne_Treo650_T5_1_6_1
    Where did you get this player? Is there any way other than joining the real music store and giving a credit card #?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    THanks for the link, but when I go there I have to have a realplayer music store account. In order to create an account, I have to provide a credit card #...

ANyone want to send me the file and/or let me use their non-payment encoded account to download the software?
    Just to make sure - can you play realplayer (non purchased music) audio files with this player?
    I had downloaded 1.6.1 many many months ago. I stopped using it because of a conflict with the Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard drivers.

I'll try and see if I still have the file when I get back home in the evening.

I don't use Real and don't even remember if I had signed up at that time....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I have the same thing; 2 RealPlayer icons on the handheld. Someone (maybe here) said that one resides in ROM and can't be changed/eliminated. As I'm not so tech savvy, that answer ended my curiosity. And then I received an iPod for Christmas, so I'm not listening to music on my Treo any more. Also, since the only problem I ever had with a memory card occured as I was trying to add/remove MP3's on my handheld, it didn't take too much for me to decide to stop using my Treo for listening to music.
    Check out DioPlayer. It's a free Mp3 Download.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast