1.    #1  
    Press Release today.

ATLANTA, July 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Cingular customers can exchange pictures
    and short video messages, including text and audio, with any Cingular, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Leap Wireless and US Cellular customer, who has an MMS-enabled device, as well as any email address. With Intercarrier Multimedia Messaging Service, Cingular customers have access to the broadest wireless MMS community, representing 80 percent of wireless subscribers in the U.S.

...read more here.

The Apple Motorola deal has gone through many carriers I'm certain. T-Mobile and Cingular are two that have most certainly proven very difficult to work with and have probably soured the dealings. There have been 5 different scheduled announcements over the last 7 months and nothing has come to fruition (that's a word, isn't it?).

I have been talking about this for the last 5 months but seeing this news bit makes it seem like dogs and cats are living together and the sky is now green. What could be pushing the carriers to do this. Could it be the threat of Apple going on it's own to provide cellular (or maybe satellite) service.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
  3.    #3  
    Ahhh, I see they have been reading my "Which Motorola Phone Will Get iTunes First?" thread and my "Mounting Evidence Apple Is Moving In On Palm's Territory" thread here at TreoCentral.
  4.    #4  
    Now they will have to update their article after they read what I have brought to light here.

Funny they don't draw the comparison of Apple being forced to fight (retaliate) the carriers after they turned their backs on them just like Apple was forced to leave(retaliate) IBM after they stabbed them in the back to deliver the faster PowerPC chips to newcomers Microsoft, Sony and Nitendo rather than Apple. Hell, Apple even helped design the PowerPC chip technology and then also let IBM incorporate the Vector Processing technologies. And this is how they are rewarded? Stabbed in the back. They were promised 3GHz two years ago by IBM and... well... they are still waiting. But the gaming machines have got their 3.6GHz or whatever crap they are delivering. Unbelievable!

Apple is not a company to stand around, letting people walk all over them. They are movers and shakers. The leaders in the industry.
    Don't give yourself too much credit ;-)
    'tis true, Apple uses TreoCentral as their marketing arm! You may laugh, but I know it personally, right from the horse's mouth. You see I have a friend who's neighbor's cousin knows someone who once _drove past Apple's HQ_ in Santa Clara and even saw Steve Job's own Lexus! And my friend owns a Razr...not quite a 650 but close. And he plans to buy Longhorn which we all know is just a rip-off of OS X Jaguar. And so _he_ swears that steve jobs reads this board every morning with his frosted flakes. So it's true! You really _did_ influence Apple's marketing strategy! Take it from me!
    Isn't gumby the clay thingie on TV?

Does that make gumby more believable than the muffin man?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    'tis true, Apple uses TreoCentral as their marketing arm! You may laugh, but I know it personally, right from the horse's mouth. You see I have a friend who's neighbor's cousin knows someone who once _drove past Apple's HQ_ in Santa Clara and even saw Steve Job's own Lexus! And my friend owns a Razr...not quite a 650 but close. And he plans to buy Longhorn which we all know is just a rip-off of OS X Jaguar. And so _he_ swears that steve jobs reads this board every morning with his frosted flakes. So it's true! You really _did_ influence Apple's marketing strategy! Take it from me!
    yeah, haha that's pretty funny. I was talking about Forbes.