1.    #1  
    Hey all,

Going from a Nokia 6320 to the 650. I'm having difficulties syncing with Palm Desktop on my Mac running Tiger. So... I'm looking into different ways to get my contact from the Nokia into the Treo.

I have a program on my Mac whereby I can sync contacts between my Mac and Nokia. But, I've got these contacts saved in the PHONE, and not on the phone's SIM. So, I can't just pop my SIM into the Treo and have those contacts there. Unless I'm missing something, I seem to be unable to "move" the contacts from my phone's memory to the SIM. (Sounds like I can do it on the Treo -- but, getting them into the Treo IS the issue right now.)

What other options do I have right now? Any? Or, do I simply need to troubleshoot my Palm syncing situation and get the contacts in that way?

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
    Quote Originally Posted by KMeloney
    Hey all,

Going from a Nokia 6320 to the 650. I'm having difficulties syncing with Palm Desktop on my Mac running Tiger. So... I'm looking into different ways to get my contact from the Nokia into the Treo.

I have a program on my Mac whereby I can sync contacts between my Mac and Nokia. But, I've got these contacts saved in the PHONE, and not on the phone's SIM. So, I can't just pop my SIM into the Treo and have those contacts there. Unless I'm missing something, I seem to be unable to "move" the contacts from my phone's memory to the SIM. (Sounds like I can do it on the Treo -- but, getting them into the Treo IS the issue right now.)

What other options do I have right now? Any? Or, do I simply need to troubleshoot my Palm syncing situation and get the contacts in that way?

Thanks, folks!

-Kirk
    Doesn't the Nokia have a copy to SIM function? You may, however, be limited by the memory size on the SIM.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtwo
    Doesn't the Nokia have a copy to SIM function? You may, however, be limited by the memory size on the SIM.

Cheers, Perry.
    Um... Yeah. LOL It sure does. I am a moron. I didn't know that the function existed on the phone, but you prompted me to do a seach online, at which point I found this very question asked on a Nokia forum. I didn't know how to do it, but just found out. I needed to use the "copy" command inside of the "Contacts" menu. Now I'll pop the SIM in the Treo and see how I did.

THANKS!!!

-Kirk
    Been there, done that.

I looked for my glasses one day, for a minute, only to find them on my face.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/08/2005 at 08:11 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks again, Perry.

One more question... I've imported the contacts from the SIM to the phone now (and all is well). But, what I've got now is each phone number for a person under MULTIPLE listings. That is, if I had 3 numbers for "Joe Shmoe," the contacts now read "Joe Shmoe... #M" and then "Joe Shmoe1... #H" and then "Joe Shmoe2... #W." Is there a QUICK AND EASY WAY to get the 3 phone numbers under just "Joe Shmoe" and then delete the additional entries? Or, must I cut and paste each number from one into the other, and delete the multiple entry?

Thanks!!!

-Kirk
    I remember reading about that situation in another thread. . . . try doing a search under "multiple entries or listings" to find it. My feeling is that there will not be a solution other than the manual approach you state. You probably want to get it done before you sync with your desktop -- or you will have to clean that up too.

Or, if you get the contacts into your Mac from the Nokia and get the Treo sync working. . . .

Maybe a Hard reset on the Treo (to clear it) and then a sync to the desktop would transfer the data without the duplication. . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/08/2005 at 08:47 AM.