1.    #1  
    Hi guys, I just got a brand new Treo for Sprint a few weeks ago, and guess what, I accidentaly dropped it already. It keeps working without any problems at all, but the thing is that the speaker is scratched, and also one corner of the face plate; that really upsets me given the fact that the phone wasn't even a week old. I was wondering if there is anything that I can do about it, anything, I hate looking at the stupid scratch every day; I already tried the Silver Metallic Sharpie, but it's just not the same color. Please, help
    Take a nail and make a huge, deep scratch on the battery cover that you can actually feel with your hand every time you hold the unit. Then take some coarse sandpaper to the rest of the surfaces except for the buttons and the screen. Pretty soon you won't even notice the first scratches.
    I don't think Palm sells touch up paint.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder.com
    Take a nail and make a huge, deep scratch on the battery cover that you can actually feel with your hand every time you hold the unit. Then take some coarse sandpaper to the rest of the surfaces except for the buttons and the screen. Pretty soon you won't even notice the first scratches.
    You actually made me laugh

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder.com
    I tried this, but it didn't work...I think it looks worse!
    Don't worry about scratches they add character. Besides isnt' the information itself what is really valuable. In 3-5 months the treo 700 will be out anyway.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    Don't worry about scratches they add character. Besides isnt' the information itself what is really valuable. In 3-5 months the treo 700 will be out anyway.
    Exactly, those scratches show how durable your phone is.
    Scratches on Treos are like distress marks on old furniture.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by alexmc0x0
    Hi guys, I just got a brand new Treo for Sprint a few weeks ago, and guess what, I accidentaly dropped it already. . . I was wondering if there is anything that I can do about it, anything, I hate looking at the stupid scratch every day; I already tried the Silver Metallic Sharpie, but it's just not the same color. Please, help
    Yes, you purchase a ten-pack of these:

http://www.designextend.com/treo_ouch.jpg

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    go to the nearest hardware store and buy a hammer. the next time someone points out the scratches on your treo just hit them with it. pretty soon the word will spread and either people will not make a comment about your treo, or they will buy you a new one. that's how i got my newest ipod.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Yes, you purchase a ten-pack of these:

http://www.designextend.com/treo_ouch.jpg

Pamela
    TOO FUNNY!!!!!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Hi guys, I just got a brand new Treo for Sprint a few weeks ago, and guess what, I accidentaly dropped it already. It keeps working without any problems at all, but the thing is that the speaker is scratched, and also one corner of the face plate; that really upsets me given the fact that the phone wasn't even a week old. I was wondering if there is anything that I can do about it, anything, I hate looking at the stupid scratch every day; I already tried the Silver Metallic Sharpie, but it's just not the same color. Please, help

Buy a skin case for it.
    Somebody bought some kind of full body overlay for their treo. It looks like a chex bar now but it would cover the body with an interesting pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    Buy a skin case for it.
    To each his own. I'd recommend not getting the skin case for it as it's difficult to pull the phone out, but when you do...it's easy to pull your pocket inside-out. Uber annoying.

Just deal with the scratches!!

If it's that bad, then at least get a real case, like a pacific rim hardcase for $40 (http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...86aef4fef36991) ... or an ivolution case for $105 (http://www1.vajacases.com/images/sma.../treo_650.html).
    Personally, if I had to get a case, I'd get the pacific rim, but some wouldn't like it because the screen is covered and I've heard that metal cases can weaken your reception. If I had the money, MAYBE I'd get the iVolution, but I prefer everyone to see my bare Treo with it's many scratches.
    My wife picked me up from the airport couple days ago. After 13 hrs of no sleep, I stepped out the car and my Treo650 fell out from my lap to the concrete driveway.

My heart fell. After I picked it up, I took off its silicon skin and found a very very minor scratch at the right lower corner where the phone first landed and bounced off.

I had searched high and low and have bought over 3 original PalmOne Treo650 cases and 3 Nokia leather cases and 4 silicon skins and finally got this one. It is so thin that I can find a leather case for it. As one mentioned, silicon skin are too friendly to your trouser pocket that it won't come out without a fight.

I am glad that even with a thin silicon cover, it was fairly well protected. The other time I dropped it on the concrete, it had the thicker silicon skin. That time it was faced down and a grain of sand made a tiny white dent on the screen. I peeled off the screen protector which made by A.R.M., the white spot disappeared. I kissed my screen protector and called my friend in Hong Kong to buy me the replacement screen protector. It cost $15 U.S.D. just for that 2" sq. 4 layers screen protector!! Well I still think it is well worth it. I bought this brownish thin silicon skin for $10 and $5 for the oversize leather case (horizontal wearing like a sunglass) and I been using them for my Treo for the past couple of months.

If you got yours scratched, I suggest you find this silicon skin. Mine is actually dark brown instead the more comon moldy white. It fully covers the Treo except the screen, speaker, camera, side switches and the antena area. It is a little inconvenient to do reset but it is fairly easy to pull off the skin because it is thin. Another drawback is you don't see the keys as clear but it makes it easier to press the keys.

For sure, you won't notice the scratch and the phone feels good on your hand.

Sorry to tell you that I bought the skin in Hong Kong and that is the fouth one that I finally found and like. If you have a friend to help you buy it over there, tell him the distintion between that one and the others is that because it is thin so the keyborad is also covered. The other thicker one does not need to cover the keyboard.
    Try an auto part store for mettalic touch up paint.
    HP 95LX -> Newton 100 -> Palm III -> Handspring Platinum -> Treo 270 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p
    Hey..

Buy the $49.95 leather case, the one with the clear window in the front. Insert the phone into the case and you will never see the scratches, gouges, dings or cracks in the caseing. It won't hide the broken screen or the missing keys though.
  18. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    what really bugs me is the scratch located directly above my display. it actually let's light shine through to the case and makes it hard to see that area os screen. small area though, so not the end of the world. maybe the paint is worth a shot in my case
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg
    what really bugs me is the scratch located directly above my display. it actually let's light shine through to the case and makes it hard to see that area os screen. small area though, so not the end of the world. maybe the paint is worth a shot in my case
    Rhino screen protector?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    Rhino screen protector?
    Attached Images Attached Images