1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular 650 that has the wrong voicemail number. Edit favorites does not allow you to change the number and no one at Cingular seems to know either. Any help?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I believe you have to have a customer service representative who knows what they are doing to send an update to your phone.
    Sometimes with Cingular you have to call a few times to be able to talk to anyone with any sense.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Go to the phone app then from the menu select options, and call options. You can change the v/m number there.
    Carl
    You may need the voicemail updater from Palm. Go to the Cingular Treo 650 support page on Palm's site to find it. My number magically reappeared after the update was installled.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    Go to the phone app then from the menu select options, and call options. You can change the v/m number there.
    You can't change the voicemail number on a cingular 650 that way. The number is "locked" and you can't edit it. At least, that is the way it is on my Cingular locked 650.
    Last edited by oclv_9900; 07/08/2005 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oclv_9900
    You can't change the voicemail number on a cingular 650 that way. The number is "locked" and you can't edit it.
    +1 on that.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I just moved my Voicemail Favorites button to the last page (5) along with the other Cingular garbage. I then created a new Favorite button that dials my own phone number. This takes me into the number under the call preferences button.
    (Knowing full well that I've never figured out anything that anyone else hasn't figured out...)

If you actually have the CORRECT number already programmed but your frustration (like mine) was that you can't program the phone to automatically enter your password, just go to the edit favorites button "1" go to "more" and then add the pauses and password under "extra digits".

Don't forget to also select "dial extra digits automatically".

I had a problem with my phone NEVER accepting my vmail password manually the first time. But now that it is programmed, I have no problems.
    It seems to me you should be able to just delete that favorite, and add a new speeddial favorite with the correct voicemail number.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Can you guys edit the entry with FileZ? Maybe different w/Sprint, but I was able to go into Phone Favorites2, and edit it the entry. Used my home number to test it out. Not only did it change the number in Favorites, but also when I select my Voice Mail envelope, it dials home.

(I've changed it back now...)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You most likely need Cingular to reset your voicemail number. I think there's an option for it on the automated menu Mine is some obscure new number, not my cell number. I had to have them reset it twice...