Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51
  1. #41  
    Admin:

    How about closing this thread. The info is in it for those who wish to read and understand/learn.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I can't resist:

    Communism cannot EVER work on a large scale because it fails in understanding human motivation. Humans are motivated by getting what's "fair" - which is to say, if you work hard and smart you get more than someone who does not do so. In other words, capitalism. Judging by what we've seen in human behavior over the centuries, it appears that the lasting system will be a system with aspects of communism, socialism and capitalism.

    Sorry - I'm done. Such political debate really does not belong in this forum.
    See this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=89940

    But short answer (and this is pretty short for me) to your question is: I think it would be more fair to have limited econonic freedom, but maximum personal freedom....hence, the communism. If someone works smarter throughout their life 'til college, they should be rewarded with a job where they don't have to work HARD like the construction workers or whoever that chose NOT to go to school.

    They shouldn't be rewarded with more power than those workers. Those construction workers still deserve just as much food, clothing, and entertainment as a doctor. When it comes to docs going to med school for much longer....more work is required UP FRONT during med school, than is required to dropout work as a roofer everyday from 7 to 5. So, I believe that doctors should be rewarded not with more money, but less work since they put in more time to begin with. So...wouldn't there be a shortage of doctors?? NOPE, nurses do most of the work anyway (excluding surgery and difficult stuff like that)...so, you gradually push more nurses toward becoming doctors.
  3. #43  
    Actually, the statistics show more nurses are pushed to quit, due to the ever increasing work loads being dropped on them over the decades. Therein is part of the large nuring shortage cause.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Actually, the statistics show more nurses are pushed to quit, due to the ever increasing work loads being dropped on them over the decades. Therein is part of the large nuring shortage cause.
    Please continue conversation in other thread....but again, as there wouldn't be room for business owners, marketers, and salesmen in a communist economy...I think it'd be easy to make enough "medical types" whether it be nurses, doctors, whatever....
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    Actually, the statistics show more nurses are pushed to quit, due to the ever increasing work loads being dropped on them over the decades. Therein is part of the large nuring shortage cause.


    ... and this voids the Treo warrany how exactly?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6. jberger's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #46  
    Hard to believe we ended up on a discussion of Communism based on a post by someone who just registered on the site. . . sounds like a bit of trolling to me.

    Palm does honor the warranty on unlocked, unbranded phones when they are purchased from legit dealers, as new sealed products with proof of purchase and registration.

    They do not cover used equipment, grey market, modified or branded units.
    Branded units are covered by the carrier, and all others are SOL.

    Palm sells the units via standard distribution, so the idea that you can only order directly from Palm is just flat wrong. All warranties apply when purchased via a legit source and properly documented.

    BTW: The GSM 650 is above $500 at distribution, so if you find it on eBay for less without a contract, then there is a problem since it's below cost.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    Hard to believe we ended up on a discussion of Communism based on a post by someone who just registered on the site. . . sounds like a bit of trolling to me.
    If somebody says something about me or my beliefs, then I'm going to respond to them...just like I should now when you say I've just registered. I've been hovering around here for much longer than the 18 months that I've been registered.

    I'll admit that I screwed up mentioning it at all -- but if somebody pushes me, it's only natural to push 'em back.
  8. #48  
    BUT YEA....what jberger said is true...plus add on the fact that you should be paying for State Farm PAP insurance as opposed to your carrier's insurance!!
  9. jberger's Avatar
    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    #49  
    Slammy,
    The troll line wasn't directed at you, I just found it funny that you guys took someone with 1 post about a warranty issue so seriously, not to mention that it turned into a political debate. No 'pushing' intended.

    BTW: Those of you who think communism is a good thing, should spend some time with those people who lived under it. I've had a couple of exchange students who would quickly help straighten you out on the matter. I'll never forget taking them to WalMart or grocery store. They were AMAZED to learn that Capitalism really works. Might not be the ideal system, but it's the best one around.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    The troll line wasn't directed at you, I just found it funny that you guys took someone with 1 post about a warranty issue so seriously, not to mention that it turned into a political debate. No 'pushing' intended.
    At l

    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    BTW: Those of you who think communism is a good thing, should spend some time with those people who lived under it. I've had a couple of exchange students who would quickly help straighten you out on the matter. I'll never forget taking them to WalMart or grocery store. They were AMAZED to learn that Capitalism really works. Might not be the ideal system, but it's the best one around.
    I'm pretty sure I'm all alone in my debate, but please continue in that thread posted above if you want to continue. Short answer: I fully understand why communism didn't work in other countries before...it didn't have the proper type of government component. I see it working differently in the future, however, due to smartphones for the first time being capable of distributing power evenly among all people.

    Representative Democracy/Capitalism works now....
    Technocracy/Communism works in the future.

    SO HOW 'BOUT STATE FARM, EH?? Are those good prices or what!?!
  11. #51  
    Way off topic now ....
    <closed>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions