Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    everyone seems to say how good chatter is ... and apparently the support is absolutely fantastic ..... i really would love to throw versamail out of my ROM and install chatter .....

just two quick questions ...

1. do you have to have chatter connecting all the time ? ......

email is not really that important to my daily tasks ...i mainly handle it from my laptop, at home each evening and definately prefer to keep it that way ...

but it would be nice to be able to download my email every 2 or 3 hours to my treo during the day just so that i can check if anything super urgent has turned up ...

so does chatter have an option to just download at set time intervals during the day (say 8am, 12 noon, 6pm ... that's probably as much as i would ever need ) rather than be on all the time?

2. because i prefer to handle my email (fastmail imap) when i get home at the end of the day, i only wish to use my treo to have a quick occassional look for anything urgent during the day .... and hence when i delete messages off my treo i do not want them deleted of the server ... they need to still be there so that i can action them fully when i get home .....

i don't think that this is possible with chatter (at least it wasn't last time i looked - any email deleted off the treo gets deleted off the server ) ....

....i can't understand why it doesn't give you the option to just delete email off the treo ..... but still leave them on the server ... why can't i delete emails that i have read on the treo without deleting them off the server ..... but i am hoping that the developer might support this fearture on day

is that in fact still the case with chatter?
    You can set Chatter up to check for mail whenever you like. You don't HAVE to take advantage of the push feature. And if you POP the mail to your phone you can delete it and have it stay on the server. I'm not even sure if FastMail supports POP though...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Right. Chatter is VERY flexible - each account and mailbox can be set up to be 1) manually sync'ed, 2) sync'ed on a schedule - with sleep hours if you like, 3) sync'ed with SMS triggers, or 4) pushed - with compatible IMAP accounts. There are additional options that can be used to tweak battery life as well.

Marc
    To answer your delete from treo only question.....The message will still stay on the server but it will be marked for deletion, which you would have to manually put it in the trash folder and then manually empty the trash to really get rid of the message. Of course am talking about IMAP here, on POP it acts differently.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12