1.    #1  
    Hey guys, just bought my first smart phone(Treo 650) last week.. I wanted to buy a new bluetooth headset, i was checking out the sony hbh one i liked it because of the caller ID feature... I was wondering if there is a program or any other headset out there that will run the caller ID with the treo 650, because i was browsing through ebay auctions and i noticed it said "Caller ID name function does not work on some phones including PDA phones, such as Treo 650" im hoping this is not true, or there is another way to run this feature on this headset maybe through a program i can download, I don't know im a newbie to this.. so if anyone has any info on this and can help out that would be shweet, thanks guys
    Nope, it doesnt work. If you find out let me know, cause i am in the same boat as you....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I've got the HBH-660. It shows the number but not the name.
    Um...if I want to look at the caller id, I just pick up my Treo...

Way quicker than looking at the headset display...larger too! And, has the name if it's in my Address Book.
    Dilmeet,

I'm actually the seller on eBay which you are referring to..

Let me RE Explain..

Caller ID name function does not work on some phones including PDA phones, such as Treo 650

Which means, The number will show, as appose to the name.

This option does not work with the Treo as of yet.. Might be a firmware update.

Caller ID works just fine on the 650.

I use a 650 and HBH-662 myself. (Love it!!)

Anyhow, If anyone is interested in the HBH-662, I can offer a small discount for TreoCentral members.

Here is a direct link to my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5787645961

Any questions you might have, You can use "Ask Seller a Question" option on top right of auction page.
    Come on. Yes the 660 shows the number, but it scrolls and most of the time it is on your ear. In my opinion, any number showing on a headset is essentially useless.

BTW, the 660 is a great headset, even with the stock earclip.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Come on. Yes the 660 shows the number, but it scrolls and most of the time it is on your ear. In my opinion, any number showing on a headset is essentially useless.

BTW, the 660 is a great headset, even with the stock earclip.
    I usually wear my Treo on my belt and my 660 either around my neck or next to me in the car. When the phone rings, it is much more convenient to check the 660 display than it is to remove the Treo from its case and check it there. Oddly, most of the people who call me I know who they are, so it is rare when I see a number I dont recognize. And if I dont recognize it, chances are it wont be in my address book anyway...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I usually wear my Treo on my belt and my 660 either around my neck or next to me in the car. When the phone rings, it is much more convenient to check the 660 display than it is to remove the Treo from its case and check it there. Oddly, most of the people who call me I know who they are, so it is rare when I see a number I dont recognize. And if I dont recognize it, chances are it wont be in my address book anyway...
    It'll especially come in handy for me when a group ringtone is playing.

I just lost my HS-810 so I may try the HBH-660. I noticed on the TC accessory page that it said the 660 does not handle Call Waiting. How do you work around not having this feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    How do you work around not having this feature?
    Use the Treo to swap calls.
    Thanks... So I guess your still able to hear the call waiting beeps while on a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Use the Treo to swap calls.

Thought I'll post this if anyone else was trying to figure out the differences.
    HBH-660 = Bluetooth 1.1
    HBH-662 = Bluetooth 1.2

Treo 650 = Bluetooth 1.1
    ^ Yes all this is correct.
  12.    #12  
    is there a way to make ur bluetooth 1.2? btw.. thanks for the posts, ill most probably be buying this headset
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilmeet
    is there a way to make ur bluetooth 1.2?
    Nope.

Some say it may be upgradable with a ROM update but if that is doable Palm has yet to actually do it for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Ok, I'm stumped?!? Why would you have to remove the Treo from it's case to check your caller ID? I mean.....come on now. You're saying you find it better to check that TINY display on the 660 as opposed to the 320 x 320 screen?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    By the time the name is done scrolling the call will have been forwarded to voicemail .
    I need help. My Treo 650 doesn't work with the HBG-662, even though it's recognized as trusted device under bluetooth. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoTTyLr
    Thought I'll post this if anyone else was trying to figure out the differences.
    HBH-660 = Bluetooth 1.1
    HBH-662 = Bluetooth 1.2

Treo 650 = Bluetooth 1.1
    OK - Feeling that this might be a dumb question but it appears that people here are using the 662 with their T650s.....

So will the HBH-662 which is BT 1.2 (I am guessing this is a version type number) backward compatable to BT 1.1 so that it will work with the T650 which is BT 1.1?

jOHN
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by light3944
    OK - Feeling that this might be a dumb question but it appears that people here are using the 662 with their T650s.....

So will the HBH-662 which is BT 1.2 (I am guessing this is a version type number) backward compatable to BT 1.1 so that it will work with the T650 which is BT 1.1?

jOHN
    Yes it is the version number and yes it is backward compatible. Of course the T650 can't take advantage of the improvements in BT 1.2.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have accepted that only the caller-number shows up,
    that is the address-book-name is not gonna show up.

What about the number not showing up once in a while,
    or even previous incoming-call number showing up
    instead of the current incoming call?

Has anyone experienced that problem?
    Is it because HBH-662 is BT 1.2 and Treo650 is BT 1.1?
    "What about the number not showing up once in a while, or even previous incoming-call number showing up instead of the current incoming call?"

I've read about this in other threads. I've had the HBH-662 for about a month. I use it throughout the day most every day. Generally, the phone stays in my front jeans pocket. It's easier to pull out the headset, check the number, and decide to answer or not. It has always displayed the correct number.

In some posts people have mentioned that if you hang up a call via the phone rather than the headset, the previous number will display rather than the current number (this could've been in reference to the HBH-660 rather than the HBH-662). For this reason I have tried to remember to hang up via the headset. I'm pretty sure I've hung up that way most of the time, but not all of the time, and I know I've never seen it display the previous number.