Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FYI, I've been working with Marc on trying to get this to work with the IPPUSHLOG file that Wireless Sync writes to when an e-mail is pushed, however, so far we've been unsuccessful. I'm not sure if Marc has given up on this yet or not, but if you are willing to work with him to get this working, I guess send him an e-mail (maybe it is something wrong with my Treo that is causing what he is programming to not work right.) I'm desperate for the feature since I can't send mail with Wireless Sync, and am thinking about just going back to a Blackberry in the meantime (which I really don't want to do.)
    Over the weekend Marc was able to get Chatter to respond to a push notification. I am, however, using the Intellisync branded (carrier-independent) version of Wireless E-Mail Express on Cingular. I don't know if the Verizon version works exactly the same way, though.

Can you connect to your corporate mail server with Chatter to send/receive mail?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    How does the Intellisync branded version of Wireless E-mail express work? Is it the same type of IP-Push / SMS Push that Verizon uses? I don't see why it would work for one and not the other if they are basically the same thing...hmmm...
    Marc,

Any progress on this? Need any more testers?

Thanks.

Jeff
    JayKaps- The Intellisync branded version works the same way as far as I know. I've never user the Verizon version0
    , so I couldn't say for sure, though. The file Marc is watching for pushed e-mail notifications is named the same thing (IPPUSHLOG) in both systems.

Pete
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Is this still being worked on? I was really hoping to see it.
    Really, really, really would like to see a much more full-featured mail client like Chatter work with the Verizon Wireless Sync trigger.

I am very nervous about trying to set up our company's Microsoft Exchange to work directly with Chatter. I love the instant "push" provided by the Wireless Sync system, and the sync'ability has been nearly flawless. I just absolutely HATE the fact that I can do vitually NOTHING with attachments in the WS client program. It looks like Chatter has a lot more functionality in that regard.

Marc, any comments?
  8.    #28  
    What's wrong with having Exchange be available via IMAPS?

Marc
    Actually, since I sent my last message, I had my IT guy set our Exchange up to work with Chatter. The "push" works fantastic. I'm able to get my inbox emails, I'm able to look at all the folders (Sent Items, Deleted Items, etc.).

My problem now is sending emails. If I check the "No Auth" box in the SMTP Profile screen, I can send emails only to addresses resident on the server (everybody else in my company). When I send to outside addresses, I get the sending error:550 no relaying allowed message. When I uncheck the No Auth box, I then can't send emails to anyone, and I get the 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized.

My IT guy doesn't know how to fix this -- we've read the whole thread on Exchange setup and can't fix the problem.

Any ideas?
  10.    #30  
    My first guess is that you have a Pix firewall blocking SMTP. But could you send me a log of a sending attempt (logging instructions in the faq at www.chatteremail.com)

Marc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12