1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if we can record phone conversations with the treo 650? Or even make voice notes?
    You can "sort of" record conversations using the speakerphone and a voice recorder app. It isn't a perfect solution, but it mostly works.

Voice notes: Search here for voice recording apps. There are several, ranging from basic and free to comprehensive and expensive.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    And I thought I read in some threads around here that if you have the Seidio 2-in-1 headset/headphones you can record both sides of a conversation. Search around for that too if interested.
    Yeah there are two methods. You can either record via speakerphone or via seidio 2-in-1 headset/adapter. The OS doesn't have direct connection to cell radio, thus this is only way. Of course, you need VR app like Soundrec, PAR, Audiost, Mvoice etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah there are two methods. You can either record via speakerphone or via seidio 2-in-1 headset/adapter. The OS doesn't have direct connection to cell radio, thus this is only way. Of course, you need VR app like Soundrec, PAR, Audiost, Mvoice etc...
    I don't get it...how are you capable of recording from the seidio 2-in-1 headset/adapter?? Please englighten me.
    Just remember that in most states, your taped conversations, under most circumstances, are not admissable in court. And in some, it's illegal to record the conversation without notifying the other party.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    it's always legal if you tell the other party...also it's a great way to archive important voicemails.

I use mvoice from

www.motionapps.com

record while on speakerphone...it works great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    I don't get it...how are you capable of recording from the seidio 2-in-1 headset/adapter?? Please englighten me.
    If you use the Seido 2-in-1 headset, then you don't have to put the Treo into speakerphone mode to record both conversations...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    From mVoice 3.0 web site, (FAQs)

"Can I record phone calls with mVoice?

It is possible to record phone calls with mVoice, having this in mind:
    To record phone call, you should first answer the incoming phone call, and while it is in progress start recording with mVoice. The easiest way to do this is to assign mVoice to a hard key and use the one-button recording feature.
    If you are using headset you will be able to record only your voice - sound from the other side of a call cannot reach mVoice since Treo directs it to the ear speaker.
    If you are not using headset, sound from both participants of a phone call will be recorded, but to make it usable you should turn on the "Speaker Phone" option after answering the call, and increase recording volume in mVoice."
    Well, mVoice's FAQ contradict gfunk's statement.

Gfunk, I'm still not understanding how the person's voice on the other end will get recorded if it's directed to the earbud. If you say you've done it and that that's just the way it works, I guess I'll have to deal with that.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    it's always legal if you tell the other party...also it's a great way to archive important voicemails.
    Your post may be recorded for "quality control" purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Well, mVoice's FAQ contradict gfunk's statement.

Gfunk, I'm still not understanding how the person's voice on the other end will get recorded if it's directed to the earbud. If you say you've done it and that that's just the way it works, I guess I'll have to deal with that.
    No it doesn't contradict anything. Read again. The faq is only referring to regular headsets, not the SEIDIO 2-in-1!!!! Do a search, this topic has been discussed extensively else where....

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    No it doesn't contradict anything. Read again. The faq is only referring to regular headsets, not the SEIDIO 2-in-1!!!! Do a search, this topic has been discussed extensively else where....
    Well, I was just passing by this thread and got curious as to whether you could actually record phone calls or not. I've never ventured very far beyong the Treo 300/600/650 Hardware sections 'til recently.

I'm certainly not in the position to buy Seidio's 2-in-1 headsets just to ask others if I can record them. I was just curious of this phone's potential.