Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Ok I have tried latest chatter, snapper enterprise and versamail and they all slow down my treo to 25-50% of normal speed. You can't really tell unless you run a game emulator that uses all and more of the cpu time.. I run frodo from sourceforge.net and when you run it, don't even need and app for it, it shows you the current emulation speed, before I setup versamail or install and setup chatter or snapper i get 100% every time for days on end. After email program installed and setup i get from 3% to 55%.....I've tried both push and quicksync in chatter, same result. It seems to slowly go down from 55% towards 3% over the day

Anyone else have this???
    Last edited by JayL; 07/07/2005 at 02:25 PM.
    Sprint 700p
    Hmm, maybe if you want to run a cpy intensive program you should do a system reset before it each time... This will avoid loading others into memory first... But by doing that you'll disable them until you reboot for the most part...
    No, I haven't seen any such behavior.

Try seeing what Speedy does, see if it says the same thing. It might not be a 'speed' issue, but rather a cache issue.

My biggest issue with Chatter isn't really with Chatter itself, but how much battery it uses. I've had my phone in use off and on all day, it's still at 99%. Normally by this time it's down to 85% just doing offline quicksync's every 45m. That totals about 11 times that it goes online and checks email. And I filter it down so I only get the most important emails to the phone, so I only get maybe 4-5 a day downloaded, so it's not doing a lot of work each time.

I should mention today I shut down Chatter to see how the battery life changes, just to make sure it wasn't some other application draining the battery instead of Chatter/GPRS traffic. So far just seems to be the GPRS traffic doing it.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    good to see you here Shadowmite!

by system reset you mean stick the pin in the hole no button holding correct?

I do that and still only get up to 50% or so
    Sprint 700p