Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Here is the latest one:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Error code 1. Ever since upgrading to 1.12 firmware, i can't connect toccer. just tried the latest version 7. still same issue.

any ideas?
    Looks decent. Will know in a few days if worth pursuing.
    I don't see the registration fee or URL *anywhere*
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by smcracraft
    Looks decent. Will know in a few days if worth pursuing.
    I don't see the registration fee or URL *anywhere*
    That's because you can't register yet

Not until I'm done.

Hope you find it useful.
    Definitely useful. But to those who pick this up, beware -- battery drainage is pretty significant. I guess it's just the nature of the application.

I did receive an "Error 6" message this morning when it was inthe "connecting" process. Not sure what that means.
    Currently i have verizon, i know Toccer is free to download but when running will I be charged for Data Transfer or Call minutes?
    Hello. Brand new Treo 650 owner and is there a little FAQ on this software? I downloaded it, put it on my Treo and I just have no idea where to start. Please help and please dont hurt me .
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by ogmaster
    Hello. Brand new Treo 650 owner and is there a little FAQ on this software? I downloaded it, put it on my Treo and I just have no idea where to start. Please help and please dont hurt me .
    You'll need an AIM account first, go to http://www.aim.com/ and sign up for one if you don't have one.

After you start it up, go to the Connection Preferences under the Preferences menu. Fill out your username and password.
    To sign on, go to the Buddy List view, and at the bottom right, you have a pop up list that currently reads "Offline". Click on that and choose "Online". Give it a couple of seconds, and your buddy list will be populated.

To chat with someone, select a buddy that is online and hit the center button (or click IM) and you'll be taken to the chat window where you can send and receive messages.

That's pretty much it. There are a couple of other things here and there, but that primarily what it does and that should get you started.

Tienshiao
    Quote Originally Posted by MuZI
    Currently i have verizon, i know Toccer is free to download but when running will I be charged for Data Transfer or Call minutes?
    Any answer to my question?
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by MuZI
    Any answer to my question?
    I don't know how the Treo works with using minutes for data with Verizon. I would guess that you would be billed for data transferred, but I really don't know. I would have to defer to someone more familiar with using the Treo on Verizon.
    I have Toccer on my Treo 650. I have an account with AOL. When I am online with AOL on my computer and I sign in with Toccer, my computer says I'm signed in at two locations and my buddies that are online appear on my Treo 650. If I am not online on my computer and I try to sign in on my Treo 650, Toccer shows my buddies that are offline but it does not show my buddies that are online. Any idea why my online buddies show on the Treo when I'm signed into AOL on my computer but my online buddies do not show when I'm not signed in on my computer?

Thanks for your help!
    Just DL'ed the program looks good

I just hope it doesnt kill the battery.
    www.axiopress.com
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    This app. is great! notifications of new IMs work (so your Treo can be 'sleeping') with the messaging system (vibrate, alerts, etc.)... w00t! where can i paypal?

screw AOL-- they can't even bother with an AIM client that's half as good.
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    I have Toccer on my Treo 650. I have an account with AOL. When I am online with AOL on my computer and I sign in with Toccer, my computer says I'm signed in at two locations and my buddies that are online appear on my Treo 650. If I am not online on my computer and I try to sign in on my Treo 650, Toccer shows my buddies that are offline but it does not show my buddies that are online. Any idea why my online buddies show on the Treo when I'm signed into AOL on my computer but my online buddies do not show when I'm not signed in on my computer?

Thanks for your help!

Errr.. that's rather odd behavior. Do you have a none AOL AIM account that you can test out? I'm curious to see if it just happens with your AOL account.

Did you use Toccer prior to 0.9 preview 7?
    Toccer seems like a good program. I used to use Causerie, but recently have been getting disconnected from their server constantly (didn't use to happen when I first purchased it). Looks like it's a T-Mobile thing, because Toccer seems to do the same thing, though it at least reconnects me when it happens. But I'm constantly getting the AOL System Message thing telling me that I've signed on from another location (because I leave my computer at home online as well).

Anyone else having disconnect issues with Toccer and/or Causerie (or any other programs)?

Also, it would be great if instead of just an alert that I got an IM, I could reply to it right there without needed to exit whatever I'm doing.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Also, it would be great if instead of just an alert that I got an IM, I could reply to it right there without needed to exit whatever I'm doing.
    Others have expressed the same sentiment. It is currently planned post 1.0.

Thanks for your comments,

Tienshiao
    I am surprised more folks don't know about this *free* client.

It has been remarkably useful and stable for me. The developer seems to be continuously developing it and keeping up with AOL IM server changes also.

Try it out.

http://www.atomiccog.com/products/toccer-for-treo/
    Please see the Communication forum for discussions on Toccer.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Toccer is a really stable program. I've had no problems with it so far.

Joe
    Long live the TWIT army!

MKast Wireless
    <merged>
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast