Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    ar-cain

I just downloaded the latest ver. from your websit and got the same error messgae no. 1 that 'collin' got.

Help!

Treo 600 Cingular Blue (AT&T), and NOT a dot.mac screen name
    I'm having no problems except the multiline thing on Cingular, 1.28 ROW FW
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Here's my problem...

When I'm chatting and say I do something like this...

Me: hey how are
    you doing? i'm doing
    fine. Wanna hang out?

Notice it takes up 3 lines, but then they reply it cuts off the first part of their IM and removes the 3rd line of my message. It's weird. I have to make my messages smaller. Definitely a bug. All and all I love Toccer.

Sprint, 650, 1.12 firmware.

My next release should fix this bug. Sorry about that.

For the funky errors: I'm going to have to add some debug logging, to get a better idea what's happening. I'm not sure if logging will make this next release or not.

And I should probably make some of the error messages more user friendly.
  4. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    First time I connected it reset my Treo (probably because my buddy list was too long.) Restarted and the list was all there and connected fine. Very impressed so far, strange how no one else could come up with something as clean as this. I am thrilled that this is the first client I have tried that keeps my buddies in the order I have them on my PC instead of aphabetizing them for me. Cheers!
  5. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Gripes:
    - Clearly freezes the Treo for 2 seconds when it tries to connect/reconnect. If it is having a problem connecting that means every other second your Treo is frozen.
    - An error occured while connecting. Please try again. Error Code: 4687. Huh? My account settings are fine and the network is up and running. Edit: Found out this is a "Attempting to connect too soon" error. It was caused by Toccer trying to reconnect over and over. I'm locked out now for a while.
    - Fixed number of buddies per screen (11). This means font-replacement apps like Fonts4OS5 can't increase the number of buddies on one page. Very annoying since this works for VeriChat and allows me to double the number of buddies per page.
    - In my opinion this is a basic functionality: having a "phone" icon or a (p) label or a different color for people that are online using SMS (i.e. not really online.)
    - The Treo doesn't handle scrolling very well. It's very CPU intensive; if you could make the scrolling behavior match the way it is when you scroll down in the regular Contacts app that would speed things up a lot more.
    - No option for simultaneous logins. I guess I could wait for this until basic functionality is done.
    - Buddy list only adds from current list on server, doesn't delete orphaned contacts.
    Last edited by aph; 07/17/2005 at 01:46 AM.
    Oh yes, one more thing. I deleted some buddies, but the deletion wasn't permanent.

I do see some buddies with a different color sometimes. Does that mean they are away?
    What is the site? I couldn't find it so i could download a version besides preview 1
    Same here as collin and eTreo above...

I get error message 1 like half the time I connect. And when I do connect, it loads all the buddies, then the list just vanishes (not collapses)....and it says I'm disconnect. Once I try to reconnect, I get error message 1.

FWIW...Sprint 650 w/version 1.12.

I'll definitely be looking forward to your upgrades. Thanks!
    i like that fact that we can actually communicate w/the developer and have an impact on the actual application, fricken sweet!
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    i like that fact that we can actually communicate w/the developer and have an impact on the actual application, fricken sweet!
    Most definitely....

As soon as I can actually get something that works on my Treo, I'll definitely be donating at least $5 or $10!! I just can't afford to buy Verichat and pay recurring fees every year on something I wouldn't use that often.

I was looking at using Agile Messenger a while back, but it was terrible. This seems like just thing I'm lookin' for.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by aph
    Gripes:
    - Clearly freezes the Treo for 2 seconds when it tries to connect/reconnect. If it is having a problem connecting that means every other second your Treo is frozen.
    - An error occured while connecting. Please try again. Error Code: 4687. Huh? My account settings are fine and the network is up and running. Edit: Found out this is a "Attempting to connect too soon" error. It was caused by Toccer trying to reconnect over and over. I'm locked out now for a while.
    - Fixed number of buddies per screen (11). This means font-replacement apps like Fonts4OS5 can't increase the number of buddies on one page. Very annoying since this works for VeriChat and allows me to double the number of buddies per page.
    - In my opinion this is a basic functionality: having a "phone" icon or a (p) label or a different color for people that are online using SMS (i.e. not really online.)
    - The Treo doesn't handle scrolling very well. It's very CPU intensive; if you could make the scrolling behavior match the way it is when you scroll down in the regular Contacts app that would speed things up a lot more.
    - No option for simultaneous logins. I guess I could wait for this until basic functionality is done.
    - Buddy list only adds from current list on server, doesn't delete orphaned contacts.
    - Sometime further down the line, I'll probably redo the connection state machine with finer granularity.
    - Likely workaround for this in the future will probably be somewhat like the desktop client: try 3 times and give up.
    - Regarding buddy list: had not considered that, and will definitely be added to my todo list.
    - Regarding a phone icon: I don't believe this will happen with the TOC protocol. If I ever make the move to OSCAR (see earlier posts), this will be on the todo list.
    - Regarding scrolling: I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I may do scrolling in "pages" like how it occurs in the IM window. The contact window seems to scroll kinda inconsistently: By pages while going down, and by lines when scrolling up.
    - Regarding multiple logins: probably won't make it. Given the limited resources (read sockets), multiple logins are probably best implemented with some sort of proxy/third party server.
    - Regarding deleting orphaned contacts: probably won't make it. I'm hesitant to implement features which can result in data loss. Contacts can be manually deleted through the Organize BuddyList dialog.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate the list
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Oh yes, one more thing. I deleted some buddies, but the deletion wasn't permanent.

I do see some buddies with a different color sometimes. Does that mean they are away?
    The deletion is not permanent because the server resends the saved buddylist on connect. I plan on adding the ability to save a buddy list back to the server. This would make deletion permanent. However if your desire is to have different lists on the server and in Toccer, I would need to put some more thought into how that would work.

The grayed out buddies are idle buddies.
  13.    #73  
    Toccer, Preview 4 is now available.

This is a minor update to Preview 3. This should (hopefully) fix the issues people were having related to the displaying of multi-line IMs.

Existing broken multi-line IMs will remain broken, but new IMs should display fine. If the broken IMs are annoying, they may be removed as described in the post (ie. by deleting the offending logs).

Even though there were very few changes externally visible, the PRC grew quite a bit. Most of this growth is from the groundwork for the hyperlinking related code. This code is not currently accessible and should not pose a stability issue to users (unless they've figured out how to register).

Thanks for trying out Toccer, and thank you for all your comments.
    The thing about managing the buddy list is fine with me. I can delete buddies through the desktop app.
    Last edited by Tonylmiller; 07/19/2005 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Wrong info
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I have another small feature suggestion: timestamps on each message in a chat. (I've come to depend on these in other IM clients)

Toccer is cool.
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    How do I get Toccer to re-connect after each reset?

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Looks like it could be cool if I could connect, Error Code 1 w/Preview 4. Anything I am doing wrong?
  18. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    - Regarding multiple logins: probably won't make it. Given the limited resources (read sockets), multiple logins are probably best implemented with some sort of proxy/third party server.
    I meant logging in from PC/PDA.

- Regarding deleting orphaned contacts: probably won't make it. I'm hesitant to implement features which can result in data loss. Contacts can be manually deleted through the Organize BuddyList dialog.
    Wouldn't delete anything on the server-side, just on the PDA side. Things that are gone from the server that are on the PDA should disappear on the PDA. That's all. Mostly had this problem when I logged into a second screenname and I had all the SN's from the previous screenname still there.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by aph
    I meant logging in from PC/PDA.
    Ahh.. OK. Unfortunately that seems to be a side effect of the TOC protocol. If a migration to OSCAR occurs, this should be a free feature. But as mentioned previously it would not be a small undertaking and if it were to occur, it would not be in the near future.

Wouldn't delete anything on the server-side, just on the PDA side. Things that are gone from the server that are on the PDA should disappear on the PDA. That's all. Mostly had this problem when I logged into a second screenname and I had all the SN's from the previous screenname still there.
    OK, I see what you mean. Should not be "too" difficult to support multiple "profiles". My concern was the deleting of logs related to the buddy, but I can keep the logs without issue really. I'll see if I can get this in within the next couple builds.
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    I have another small feature suggestion: timestamps on each message in a chat. (I've come to depend on these in other IM clients)

Toccer is cool.

I'll add it to my list.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast