Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248
    If you lose your data connection, do you get signed off? Also, can anyone comment on the battery usage of running this all day? Looks promising!

Jeff

You will be signed off if you loose your data connection. There is seems to be some tolerance built into the cell infrastructure, so if you're passing through a tunnel or riding an elevator, it seems fine. However if you are watching a movie without reception, and come out 2 hours later you will have been disconnected.

Battery usage on my GSM 600: I can probably stretch it out to 2 days without a charge. Right now it's 4:30pm here. I pulled it off the charger around 9:30 maybe. It's been maybe 7 hours and I'm at 89% battery remaining.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    It's working great for me, except one problem. When I lose my connection or turn the phone part off of my treo, toccer still atempts to use the phone connection if I don't logout first. Every time I turn the screen on I m presented with a dialog asking if I want to turn the phone on, and I have to cancel it. Could you add a check in the program to see if the phone is on before toccer tries to reconnect? Thanks, James
    I had not considered that, since I never turn off the phone part. I will add it to my todo list.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Error code 4617 here...help
    Very nice.... I have just started using it here. Keep it simple. Famous last words ;-)
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Agreed - I love the simplicity.

Last night I had an issue though (unlocked GSM 650). I manually switched Toccer to "offline", but I couldn't send SMS's or make phone calls until I reset the treo. It's like it had a lock on the connection or something.

Also, would it be possible to hide the password in the prefs? (you know, after it's entered, like the usual palm app style)
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Wow! Toccer is great. One problem so far: If I've got Toccer online (or away) then I can't sign on at my Windows pc on AIM 5.9. Is there a workaround?
    Any plans to add Privacy Preferences?
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by feivel
    Wow! Toccer is great. One problem so far: If I've got Toccer online (or away) then I can't sign on at my Windows pc on AIM 5.9. Is there a workaround?
    Make another AIM user account for your Treo? That's what I'm considering.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKay

Hrmm.. I'd say try again at a later time. And if that doesn't work, perhaps try after a reset.

The error is kind of odd. I remember getting it when I was first developing, but I can't remember what the cause was anymore. Connecting/disconnecting too frequently maybe?

Let me know if you're still having this problem.

Thanks.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    Agreed - I love the simplicity.

Last night I had an issue though (unlocked GSM 650). I manually switched Toccer to "offline", but I couldn't send SMS's or make phone calls until I reset the treo. It's like it had a lock on the connection or something.

Also, would it be possible to hide the password in the prefs? (you know, after it's entered, like the usual palm app style)

I've never seen that before, and I'm not sure why that would happen. If you are able to reproduce it consistently, I'd love to know how.

Hiding the password: I'll add it as a feature request. are you referring to how Blazer does it? A pop up form?
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by feivel
    This seems to be a side-effect of my using the TOC protocol. It is unlikely this will be solved in the client.

I've always used a separate account for my mobile devices and my "real" account. In the past, you couldn't be logged on from multiple location, so this was my workaround then.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    Any plans to add Privacy Preferences?

Are you referring to permit/deny lists, only buddies can IM, etc? Yes, I plan on implementing that in 1.1. You could consider the existing version 0.9. It would be in the first major release after the first "real" release.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    I've never seen that before, and I'm not sure why that would happen. If you are able to reproduce it consistently, I'd love to know how.
    I'll keep messing around with it and see if I can find a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Hiding the password: I'll add it as a feature request. are you referring to how Blazer does it? A pop up form?
    I just meant that when you bring up the prefs window, instead of showing the password in plain text, the characters would be replaced with little circles or asterisks or something to that effect.
    I'm still having a problem when the message window gets full and someone sends me a message that takes two lines. I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version. How can I tell for sure?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Oh this thing is sweet... we'll see what kinda bad things I can find w/it, but so far it's the new hotness!
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I'm still having a problem when the message window gets full and someone sends me a message that takes two lines. I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version. How can I tell for sure?
    Hrmm.. honestly the easiest way for me is just to download it again

I plan to start putting a version tag in the about dialog (starting with the next version).

I fixed another display bug (similar to the last), where the number of lines was miscalculated for a message. I plan on making a release this weekend to address this issue. Hopefully this will solve your problem.
  17. seh
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKay
    Same here. I get it every time I try to connect. I am using the T-M proxy. Perhaps that has something to do with it?
    Feature idea... A profile?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    for some reason preview 3, when you go online, it connects and loads up the buddy list, but then immediately disconnects. Can never get to do anything.

After that if you try to go back online, it says "An error occured while connecting.Please try again. Error Code: 1"

This is on Treo 650, Sprint PCS, latest ROM update.
    Here's my problem...

When I'm chatting and say I do something like this...

Me: hey how are
    you doing? i'm doing
    fine. Wanna hang out?

Notice it takes up 3 lines, but then they reply it cuts off the first part of their IM and removes the 3rd line of my message. It's weird. I have to make my messages smaller. Definitely a bug. All and all I love Toccer.

Sprint, 650, 1.12 firmware.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast