Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    will this run in the background? I have the first preview mode and it seems to disconnect when I switch apps.

ps. Great App!!!
    ~Life is like hockey... You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!~
    Is there anyway to stay logged onto AIM when your already logged on on your PC? When I log on to Toccer it kicks me off my PC AIM. When I log back in on the PC Toccer shows that I am online but I wont recieve messages. I assume I am being kicked off and the App is still showing connected.

ps. I upgrade to Preview 2 and the app works in the background now. YEAH!
    ~Life is like hockey... You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!~
    Sometimes it doesn't show all of the message when the message window gets full. Its like it doesn't scroll down far enough, and I can't scroll it. Anyone else have this problem?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbehringer
    Is there anyway to stay logged onto AIM when your already logged on on your PC? When I log on to Toccer it kicks me off my PC AIM. When I log back in on the PC Toccer shows that I am online but I wont recieve messages. I assume I am being kicked off and the App is still showing connected.

ps. I upgrade to Preview 2 and the app works in the background now. YEAH!

I believe it works this way due to the protocol I use. Potentially I could change protocols in the future (not the immediate future). I'll look into it further in the existing protocol.

Both versions should have worked in the background. But I'm glad it's working for you now.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Sometimes it doesn't show all of the message when the message window gets full. Its like it doesn't scroll down far enough, and I can't scroll it. Anyone else have this problem?
    I've been able to reproduce this bug. I'll look into getting a new version out this weekend with a fix. Thanks for the bug report.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    I've never tried, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't off the top of my head.

There would probably be a problem if your user name is over.. say 21 characters, simply because I'm only storing a fixed number of characters for login name.

Let me know how it works.
    Dot.Mac style AIM addresses do not seem to work. I tried mine and got an "Error Code 1" message. I tried an actual AOL AIM screen name and it worked fine.
    Seems Like a great program with a lot of potential!

1. How do you register

2. If possible could you add a "disconnect" option that drops the line?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf

If possible could you add a "disconnect" option that drops the line?

I second this motion! That would be most helpful. Something like "Offline and Disconnect" would be perfect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    Hmmm. My version does that when you select "Offline". It stops using the radio.
    I'm not going to pretend to fully understand all of the issues here, but it seems that iChat (@mac.com) screen names only work with the oscar AIM protocol and not the TOC protocol Toccer uses.

Unless oscar support can be added (I've no idea how hard this might be) .Mac folks will probably not be able to use this.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Hmmm. My version does that when you select "Offline". It stops using the radio.
    I'm actually speaking of completely disconnecting the data connection. Doesn't much matter for folks using GSM, but for us CDMA people, we need to disconnect the data connection if we want to ensure that no phone calls will be missed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf

1. How do you register

2. If possible could you add a "disconnect" option that drops the line?
    1. Thanks for asking, but seeing as how the registered features are not implemented yet it would not be fair of me. ETA is at least a month out. As for "how", it will probably be PayPal based (accepting credit cards) through the website, and tied to the "Magic Number" (which in turn is tied to the device). However, if you're not interested in the additional features, there is no need to register. You're free to use the program unregistered.

2. Choosing "Offline" should disconnect and close the network library (which I believe "drops the line"). However, the line is probably not immediately "dropped". I have considered a similar option in the past before (for other reasons), and will keep it in mind in the future. The feature itself should not be too difficult to implement.
    Last edited by ar-cain; 07/11/2005 at 03:32 AM.
  14.    #34  
    Another weekend, another release. This release contains a number bug fixes (many thanks for those bug reports).

If you continue to have display issues after upgrading, I recommend deleting the offending chat logs. This can be done by either deleting the application (which will delete all logs) or by using a third-party application like FileZ (look for files of the pattern TOCbuddyname.idx and TOCbuddyname.log). And if you still have display issues, it could be a different bug.

Download Toccer for Treo, Preview 3

Changes
    • Fixed bug with the center/select button of the 5 way nav on the Treo 650 in the IM chat form.
    • Fixed display bug with focus halo in chat form.
    • Fixed buddy list display in chat form, active selection should always be in view now when list is popped.
    • Fixed display bug where not all IMs were being displayed due.
    • Fixed bug where the number of lines in IM was miscalculated.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Unless oscar support can be added (I've no idea how hard this might be) .Mac folks will probably not be able to use this.
    Any chance of this ar-cain?
    Thanks for the update. Installing it now.
    OSCAR is a Totally different protocol than TOC. So "adding" it, is more like major rewrite I bet.

Also OSCAR is AOL's proprietary protocol which they occasionally change so third party clients can't use. OSCAR has most of the neat features such as Voice/Video etc.

TOC on the otherhand is AOL's open protocol which they've made available to third party clients. I don't remember any cases where they intentionally broke it. But it's got really basic features and is not updated by AOL. At one time AOL had even released documentation for this. On the other hand there is no official public documentation for OSCAR.

Personally, I'd prefer he stay with TOC for stability.
    Pete
    If you lose your data connection, do you get signed off? Also, can anyone comment on the battery usage of running this all day? Looks promising!

Jeff
    It's working great for me, except one problem. When I lose my connection or turn the phone part off of my treo, toccer still atempts to use the phone connection if I don't logout first. Every time I turn the screen on I m presented with a dialog asking if I want to turn the phone on, and I have to cancel it. Could you add a check in the program to see if the phone is on before toccer tries to reconnect? Thanks, James
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbroberg
    Any chance of this ar-cain?

Not likely anytime soon. Implementing OSCAR is no small feat, though it's not _that_ difficult. If I were to start now, it would be many months out before I had a stable, complete OSCAR implementation. And it wouldn't get me too much farther than my TOC implementation (at a huge cost: other features).

I'm not going to start now either as I have many outstanding issues with the existing version.

In the long run, I was considering migrating to OSCAR, but that would be many many months away.

One thing, I have not found any documentation regarding .mac accounts with TOC one way or the other beyond what I have read in this thread. I'll look into it more, but if in fact .mac accounts do not work with TOC I would have to suggest an alternative client because Toccer will not be using OSCAR in the near future.

Sorry about that.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast