Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    Hi,

I am using ordinary MS Explorer.......

Thanks

Ack!.. What the heck. The page is pretty badly broken in IE.

Let me fix that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Should be fixed now.
    Last edited by ar-cain; 04/18/2006 at 03:18 PM.
    im looking for an AIM application, that will use my SMS, not my data plan. (my data to log in, then my SMS when i send a message) any ideas??
    thanks!
    yeah, verichat uses sms
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Paid for the the registered version, so nice to be able to click links now!
    Hey! Links/scrolling seems to be working fantastic now! Thanks!

I don't know about popup alerts working though... (I've grown fairly adapt to Menu->Unread IMs at this point)

Can't say anything about the other stuff either, as I never really experienced any bugs that I'm aware of.

Actually, one bug: Toccer crashes my Treo and resets it when I disconnect from AIM at the same time someone sends me a message. I've noted this behavior a few times. I start to receive a message (it vibrates and I have no calendar/etc reminders set to go) and hit disconnect while it's going off, and blam. PalmOne screen comes up.

Anyone else ever seen this bug?

-tank.
    Thanks. The web page now works perfectly with MS Explorer.

Registered! Great Program! Thanks.
    Would you consider writiing a similar program for ICQ?
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    Would you consider writiing a similar program for ICQ?
    At the present moment I don't have such plans. However, I believe if you use their ICQ number as the buddy name it will work. Definitely not the ideal solution, though could be useful when necessary. And I've never really tried this myself.

Tienshiao
    Trying Toccer because of the loss (hopefully temporary, because I'm quite used to it) of Verichat on the 700.

However, I cannot seem to get my buddy list to show up in alphabetical order on Toccer. It is all random, even though I have it sorted alphabetically on AOL.

Ideas?
    Every time I get an incoming message on Toccer, my Treo 700p does a soft reset!! Argh.
  11.    #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Trying Toccer because of the loss (hopefully temporary, because I'm quite used to it) of Verichat on the 700.

However, I cannot seem to get my buddy list to show up in alphabetical order on Toccer. It is all random, even though I have it sorted alphabetically on AOL.

Ideas?
    Odd, it should show up in the same order as they are stored on AOL when the buddy list is first imported. I'll have to double check, it's been so long since I looked at that part of the code.

You can also organize it however you want by going to Menu-> BuddyList-> Edit Buddies...

Tienshiao
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastannin
    Every time I get an incoming message on Toccer, my Treo 700p does a soft reset!! Argh.
    Unfortunately, I have not tested Toccer with the 700p yet and it is pretty much impossible to test Toccer with the simulator (at least it is with the 600 and 650 simulators). I can't imagine there were significant changes.

I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks for the heads up,

Tienshiao
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Those that have been following the other thread know that I've made an early version of my AIM client publicly available. Thanks for those 50 brave and curious souls.

Of those 50, I don't know if any visited the site linked in the About dialog. But I've since released another preview of it on my site. The site is still incomplete but I'm sure you guys won't mind too much.

As stated in the other thread, Toccer is not intended to compete feature for feature against the big boys, but rather to do one thing and to do it well. It lets you IM, and I hope it does it well. The goal was to write an IM client that feels like it came with the Treo.

Some changes since the last version:
    • New chat display code. Shouldn't make much of a difference to the user at this time.
    • Copy/Paste/Select All should work now.
    • The focus halo should work better in the IM window (halo selects the log now).
    • Preferences defaults reconnect to "on". This is the way I prefer to use it, because my carrier boots me after an hour. If others oppose it, I can switch it back the other way. May cause annoyances with GPRS/data dies and refuses to come back (because it will keep on trying).
    • A bunch of minor polish things.

I've not looked into the 650-center-button-not-working-in-IM-window bug that rjbeep mentioned in the other thread, but the bug may not exist in this version (even though it was built before the bug was reported) because the IM window code went through some significant changes due to the new display code.

You can download Toccer from my (incomplete) website: Toccer: AIM for your Treo

I'd love to hear people's comments.

Thanks,

Tienshiao

Tienshiao, how can I keep Toccer from saving all my chat strings... Is there a way to turn that off? or at least a GLOBAL Delete command?
  14.    #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Tienshiao, how can I keep Toccer from saving all my chat strings... Is there a way to turn that off? or at least a GLOBAL Delete command?
    There will be a global delete in the upcoming release.

Thanks for you interest,

Tienshiao
    How about the ability to reply in the popup, ala Verichat? If that is added, I can change apps! I fixed the buddylist order issue. Even though I was making the change, it must have been pulling info from a file on the Treo. Deleting all that fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastannin
    Same here! I even tried deleting it and reinstalling it but it still does that. Can anyone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    How about the ability to reply in the popup, ala Verichat? If that is added, I can change apps! I fixed the buddylist order issue. Even though I was making the change, it must have been pulling info from a file on the Treo. Deleting all that fixed it.

how did you fix the sorting problem?

And ar-cain, as others mentioned, sorting buddy list view is upside down with my 700P

I have 200 buddies, I can't possibly reorder them one by one... is there a way I can reorder it in excel?
    I just deleted all the other Toccer database files. Apparently it was saving something that was superseding my buddylist online.
    the only thing that I've found that I really hate is the fact that done clears my information...because I'm getting use to hitting send instead of done. When I go back, what I typed is gone...that blows. Is there a way to save it and a way to add a clear button instead?
    Two things:

1. Any feedback on feasability of adding the ability to reply from a popup while in another app, ala Verichat?

2. Anyone else seeing a brief lag/freeze when first sending a message after being idle? Wonder if it is Toccer reactivating the data connection?

Have to say, I am liking this app more and more.