Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    I have both Toccer and Verichat.

I am liking Toccer a lot but I am noticing a much quicker battery drain than Verichat.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    ar-cain,
    I agree with the previous post. Your support is outstanding which makes people want to stand by your product. Any future plans for yahoo IM users?
    Sorry, no plans at this time. I don't have any experience with Yahoo's protocol at this time. If I were to start soon, it would probably be many months before I had something stable (many many months with the amount of time I have these days).

Thanks for you comments,

Tienshiao
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    I have both Toccer and Verichat.

I am liking Toccer a lot but I am noticing a much quicker battery drain than Verichat.

That's odd, it seems to work quite well on my Bruin Treo

There are a couple of possiblities:
    1). Verichat is using SMS. This should be pretty efficient.
    2). Verichat is using data, and their proxy server sends keepalives and other data less frequently than AOL's servers.

That direct connection to AOL can be a double edged sword.

Thanks,

Tienshiao
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    One way to avoid the battery drain, is on your home PC log into AOL and have all your IM's forwarded to your cell phone number, it will come by way of the text, then when you get that text log into AOL using Toccer. I believe the way its set up is that when you are not logged in all your messages go to text and when you log in, of course you recieve your messages through your client, Try that, good alternative and will save your battery life
    Quote Originally Posted by cwtibbs
    When I get back into a country that has GPRS, I will test it again.
    Updated:

I changed the port to 42 and it works fine now. Or at least it connected, I will have to wait for a buddy to sign in to make sure chat works.

Why port 42...cause I thought 69 would get to many giggles.
    I just now started using Toccer... it looks pretty good! One newbie question: is there any plan to support the "invisible" mode that's available on the standard AIM PC client?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Hey gang-

Just got a new 650 today and pretty excited. I am going to use it with my mac. I need an AIM client and since I do not have a data plan (BUT I DO HAVE TXT MESSAGE PLAN) I am wondering what the best way to go is..in regards to an AIM client..?

I read thing about TOCCER but that seems to need a data plan- no?

Thanks in advance for the advice
    Matt
    Ok. I have been testing this program out and it ROCKS!! I am so glad to have the ability to not use SMS for IM...

I have one minor request. When you are in a chat window, it would be nice to have an option to allow a sound on incoming messages. Since it does tend to take a couple of seconds for the messages to move back and forth, I will not be looking at the phone when the message comes back.

Thanks for a great product.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeeping
    Ok. I have been testing this program out and it ROCKS!! I am so glad to have the ability to not use SMS for IM...

I have one minor request. When you are in a chat window, it would be nice to have an option to allow a sound on incoming messages. Since it does tend to take a couple of seconds for the messages to move back and forth, I will not be looking at the phone when the message comes back.

Thanks for a great product.
    It already does this.

Prefs->Edit Alerts (Inside of App/Outside of App).
    No, that doesn't appear to be working... I already made sure about that. So if I am having a conversation, it doesn't make any sounds when the incoming message is received.

My settings are "Inside of App"
    Alert Type: Insistent (or subtle)
    Vibrate: "Not checked"
    Alert Volume: 5
    Alert Tone:set to beep.

If I am in the main screen, I will get the alert, however, if I am in the IM window, no sounds are generated.

Using preview 11
    Works great for me, I used a custom WAV/TON ripped from the desktop AIM. Inside the chat I hear the sound. Odd?
    This is a great program, thank you for it. Its been stable and performed exactly as advertised - a rarity!

My feedback/suggestions for the future...
    * An 'I'm mobile" mode status indicator
    * Your away messages not being sent every time you are sent a message
    * Being able to view a buddy's away message

One issue: I recently played around with using an icon customizing app and whenever I tried to customize Toccer's icon it caused my Treo to reset whenever I would go into a screen where the icon would be visible (i.e. the launcher).

Cheers,
    Jonathan
  13.    #313  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeeping
    No, that doesn't appear to be working... I already made sure about that. So if I am having a conversation, it doesn't make any sounds when the incoming message is received.

My settings are "Inside of App"
    Alert Type: Insistent (or subtle)
    Vibrate: "Not checked"
    Alert Volume: 5
    Alert Tone:set to beep.

If I am in the main screen, I will get the alert, however, if I am in the IM window, no sounds are generated.

Using preview 11
    Are you the same person that emailed me (at the support email) today? If you're a different person, one thing that the both of you have in common is that you're both using an alert type inside the app.

It should work as described. One thing I would try, is set in app Alert Type to be "No Alert". The Alert Type specifies which type of PalmOS Attention mechanism is used -- the full screen one, just the blinking star in title, or none at all.

Virbrate and Alert Tone options are independent of the Alert Type. I should probably spend some time doing some screen caps and writing a manual.

Tienshiao
  14.    #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by knightedbishop
    This is a great program, thank you for it. Its been stable and performed exactly as advertised - a rarity!

My feedback/suggestions for the future...
    * An 'I'm mobile" mode status indicator
    * Your away messages not being sent every time you are sent a message
    * Being able to view a buddy's away message

One issue: I recently played around with using an icon customizing app and whenever I tried to customize Toccer's icon it caused my Treo to reset whenever I would go into a screen where the icon would be visible (i.e. the launcher).

Cheers,
    Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for checking out Toccer.

Regarding you suggestions:
    1. I'm mobile - I'd rate this as unlikely not because I don't like the idea, but I don't believe this is supported in the TOC protocol.
    2. Away messages - Has been requested before, and I plan on implementing it.
    3. Being able to view away messages - I'd rate this as unlikely as well, again because of protocol support.

Regarding the icon issue: The likely cause is that Toccer doesn't currently have an icon. The icon you see is the launcher's default icon. I'm not familiar with the icon editing apps, so I'm not sure what icon it is editting or what happens if the application doesn't have an icon.

Thanks for your feedback,

Tienshiao
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Are you the same person that emailed me (at the support email) today? If you're a different person, one thing that the both of you have in common is that you're both using an alert type inside the app.

It should work as described. One thing I would try, is set in app Alert Type to be "No Alert". The Alert Type specifies which type of PalmOS Attention mechanism is used -- the full screen one, just the blinking star in title, or none at all.

Virbrate and Alert Tone options are independent of the Alert Type. I should probably spend some time doing some screen caps and writing a manual.

Tienshiao
    No, I didn't send an email... But, your suggestion worked as advertised!! What a great product again.... I would have never figured that one out... Thanks for the pointer!
    Hell yeah.

That solution worked for me too.

I may have been the dude who emailed you. I had ideas for the scrolling/hyperlinks issue... (basically treat it like Blazer does, up/down scroll and L/R choose links)

I've got another idea for you...

It seems toccer log files are taking up a bit of space (I assume that's what those TOCthynctankxxxxxxxxxxxx_log and _idx PDBs are in my backup folder desktop-side...) and contributing to wait time on my hotsyncs hehe. Any way we could either NOT backup the logs to PC? (or have it be optional) Same deal for Treo-side. It'd be great if it could ONLY save logs to the SD card or automatically clear out logs beyond a certain date (like the Purge function in Calendar, etc)

Anyway, just some ideas...

-tank.
    One thing, since disabling Alerts, I now have a new issue:

If I'm in one conversation window and someone else IMs, my Treo vibrates, but no alert pops up so I have to manually go through my (somewhat lengthy) buddy list and figure out who it was. I'd prefer to receive alerts in addition to receiving the vibe or ring when the unit is turned off.

Any way to accomplish that?

-tank.
    Hmm.... I see you released Preview 12... with supposedly a fix for the multiline link issue.

I look over some older conversation with someone on my buddy list where I have a known instance of the link locking the scrolling issue, and it still locks scrolling (you have to scroll by tapping rather than by 5-way)...

Does Preview 12 only fix future messages and not help old ones? If so that's fine, I was just confused as to the behavior.

Thanks! Keep up the work on a great app!!
    -tank.
  19.    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by thynctank
    One thing, since disabling Alerts, I now have a new issue:

If I'm in one conversation window and someone else IMs, my Treo vibrates, but no alert pops up so I have to manually go through my (somewhat lengthy) buddy list and figure out who it was. I'd prefer to receive alerts in addition to receiving the vibe or ring when the unit is turned off.

Any way to accomplish that?

-tank.
    This will be fixed in the next version.

If you go back to the BuddyList and look under the first menu it will show Unread IMs. Unfortunately you will still need to exit the IM window.
  20.    #320  
    Quote Originally Posted by thynctank
    Hmm.... I see you released Preview 12... with supposedly a fix for the multiline link issue.

I look over some older conversation with someone on my buddy list where I have a known instance of the link locking the scrolling issue, and it still locks scrolling (you have to scroll by tapping rather than by 5-way)...

Does Preview 12 only fix future messages and not help old ones? If so that's fine, I was just confused as to the behavior.

Thanks! Keep up the work on a great app!!
    -tank.
    It should fix all messages. If you don't mind, could you send an example IM that is still causing this problem for you to support@atomiccog.com.

Thanks,

Tienshiao