Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Are you still getting this message? Did it work previously?

I would try a reset first if you haven't already, and then try changing the TOC Port of the profile to something besides 80 (Menu->Prefs->Edit Profiles->choose a profile->edit).

If this is your first time using it, and it has not worked before it may be that your carrier is running some sort of proxy/cache on port 80 that isn't too bright.

Tienshiao
    When I get back into a country that has GPRS, I will test it again.
    Thanks, my son pointed out that sometimes it does work so that must be the trick. I'll let him know. Thanks again, he's sooooo happy.
    ok so im looking for an instant messanger and people are raving about this program but im unsure of a couple things.....my ram right now for actual program usage is like 9.7m.........how much does this program use....will my phone come to a halt?.....using the treo 700w btw.......and also does each im count as a text messege....i use verizon and dont have a data plan......i used aim on my previous two phones and it worked well and only used up texts.....does this work this way? thanx!-
  4.    #284  
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    ok so im looking for an instant messanger and people are raving about this program but im unsure of a couple things.....my ram right now for actual program usage is like 9.7m.........how much does this program use....will my phone come to a halt?.....using the treo 700w btw.......and also does each im count as a text messege....i use verizon and dont have a data plan......i used aim on my previous two phones and it worked well and only used up texts.....does this work this way? thanx!-
    Sorry, Toccer is for the Palm-based Treos. You'll want to check the Windows Mobile groups: http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Tienshiao
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    Toccer seems like a good program. I used to use Causerie, but recently have been getting disconnected from their server constantly (didn't use to happen when I first purchased it). Looks like it's a T-Mobile thing, because Toccer seems to do the same thing, though it at least reconnects me when it happens. But I'm constantly getting the AOL System Message thing telling me that I've signed on from another location (because I leave my computer at home online as well).

Anyone else having disconnect issues with Toccer and/or Causerie (or any other programs)?

Also, it would be great if instead of just an alert that I got an IM, I could reply to it right there without needed to exit whatever I'm doing.
    The latest version of Causerie is 3.2.1 which is now available. Please note that the latest version didn't have connection problems.Downlaod it from the forum website of MantraGroup Inc.

Visit the following website for the details.
    http:/www.mantragroup.com/forums/
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Experiencing crashing. I leave toccer logged on overnight with an away message up then in the morning the connection must die. Chatter Is disconnected and if I try to go offline with toccer the phone resets. The same thing has happened past few mornings- I wake up, connection dead, I change status to offline, phone reboots. Just thought I'd let u know this is happening, let me know if I can give u more info to assist.

Thanks and toccer is officially my AIM of choice for treo, by far the most stable one out there
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Something else that's happening: same issue as above but in addition. I use profiles to make my phone silent at 11 PM and loud for 6:30 AM right before my butler alarm sounds at 6:31 am. This has always worked fine including with toccer until this loss of connectivity started happpening. I can tell its also not switching the profile until I turn the device on because the color theme is still midnight....but then it quickly changes to normal signifying my loud profile. That might shed some light on the issue.
    Does Toccer provide file transfer capability?

Damon
    YO!!!! I Love Toccer. It's better then Verichat (to an extent) I love the fact that Toccer stays online and doesn't lose connection like Verichat. I also love that i dont get annoying pop-ups like how Verichat is trying to gain back connection to the internet. I Love the fact that you know that someone is idle on the buddy list unlike verichat... Now where both programs lack is if a user is running AIM on a cell phone. Is it possible that the author of Toccer will do some major enhancements on Toccer? I hope so, because Toccer, even though it has lack of color and "pizzazz" it gets the work done!!!!! (G-Funkster is *****)
    I agree..Toccer is a great program. The idle notification is great. Mobile notification will make me dump verichat. I hate not knowing if someones on mobile and idled on Verichat.
  11.    #291  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Does Toccer provide file transfer capability?

Damon
    Toccer does not have file transfer capability.
  12.    #292  
    Regarding identifying if a user is on a cell phone: I'll keep it in mind, but I need to double check if that information is available in the TOC2 protocol.
  13.    #293  
    Quote Originally Posted by machx
    Something else that's happening: same issue as above but in addition. I use profiles to make my phone silent at 11 PM and loud for 6:30 AM right before my butler alarm sounds at 6:31 am. This has always worked fine including with toccer until this loss of connectivity started happpening. I can tell its also not switching the profile until I turn the device on because the color theme is still midnight....but then it quickly changes to normal signifying my loud profile. That might shed some light on the issue.
    Odd. I'll review the code to see if anything stands out, but nothing is really comes to mind right now.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Tienshiao
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I agree..Toccer is a great program. The idle notification is great. Mobile notification will make me dump verichat. I hate not knowing if someones on mobile and idled on Verichat.
    YUP!!! if i knew ppl were on the phone using aim, i wouldnt Message them in the first place!
    I've noticed that sometimes it takes a LONG time for new messages to show up in Toccer (preview 10 and 11.) For example, if I've been logged into AIM with Toccer for several hours (haven't opened the app recently, haven't received any messages) it can take 10-30 minutes for a new incoming message to show up in Toccer. I understand Toccer adjusts its polling interval depending on usage, however is it really able to increase the polling interval to >30 minutes? I'm concerned that AIM users will get the impression I'm ignoring them, when in fact the message hasn't been received yet.

I'm using an unlocked GSM Treo 650, fw1.28, sw1.13, hw A.
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Regarding identifying if a user is on a cell phone: I'll keep it in mind, but I need to double check if that information is available in the TOC2 protocol.
    This would be a cool feature I'd like to put my vote in for it.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsupp
    I've noticed that sometimes it takes a LONG time for new messages to show up in Toccer (preview 10 and 11.) For example, if I've been logged into AIM with Toccer for several hours (haven't opened the app recently, haven't received any messages) it can take 10-30 minutes for a new incoming message to show up in Toccer. I understand Toccer adjusts its polling interval depending on usage, however is it really able to increase the polling interval to >30 minutes? I'm concerned that AIM users will get the impression I'm ignoring them, when in fact the message hasn't been received yet.
    I have the same issue. After being online for awhile, the message receive time seems to get longer and longer. If a better algorithm can't be used, what about adding the option to turn off "battery saver" mode and just keep the connection as real-time as possible? Making it a toggle gives us the best of both worlds. Just a thought.
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by mportune
    I have the same issue. After being online for awhile, the message receive time seems to get longer and longer. If a better algorithm can't be used, what about adding the option to turn off "battery saver" mode and just keep the connection as real-time as possible? Making it a toggle gives us the best of both worlds. Just a thought.
    Hrmm.. this is likely to be a bug. It does have an adaptive algorithm but the upper bound is much less than 10-30 minutes. In fact it shouldn't really fall behind by more than a couple minutes.

I'll keep an eye out for the issue.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tienshiao
    ar-cain,
    I just installed Toccer and am quite impressed. The alert features, simplicity, time-stamping, logging, and one-handed operation make this application a big win. I've already removed Verichat [Vericrap] and plan on using Toccer exclusively.

I've actually read all 15 pages of this thread from start to finish; your interaction with the Treo community has been outstanding. I fully anticipate to purchase the "full" version when available in an effort to support continued development.

I'm making this post to subscribe to this thread as well as to show my appreciation for such a robust and useful application.
    ar-cain,
    I agree with the previous post. Your support is outstanding which makes people want to stand by your product. Any future plans for yahoo IM users?