Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek
    Resets my Sprint 650 every time I connect, no matter what. Any Idea why? I've tried removing it completely and starting from scratch, but always the same story. I can run it the first time to enter my user name and password, but it resets when I try to go online. From then on, every attempt to connect resets it.

Also, it won't let me delete a profile. It told me I had to have more than one to delete one of them, so I created another, selected it as default, and tried to delete the first, but it still says the profile i've selected is currently in use and to please disconnect. It was never connected in the first place, and the other profile is selected, but it STILL says this.

You'll need to switch the active profile. Menu->Prefs -- And then the one with the dot before the name is the active profile. Select the other one you created.

Is there anything .. err.. abnormal about your buddy list?

Tienshiao
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynbouncer
    how come a buddy list which views on my pc shows a-z but on toccer itd z-a ... is there anyway to fix that without maken the pc list backwards?
    I will look into fixing that during initial imports.
    ^^ Oh, I did. That's what I'm saying. Even with another profile selected as default (with the dot next to it), and even after restarting the program, it still gives me the message that the other profile (which is no longer selected) is selected and must be disconnected. IT's not selected OR connected (I hadn't even been able to connect yet).

It doesn't really matter, though, because I can't connect without a reset anyway.
    Resets my Sprint 650 every time I connect, no matter what. Any Idea why? I've tried removing it completely and starting from scratch, but always the same story. I can run it the first time to enter my user name and password, but it resets when I try to go online. From then on, every attempt to connect resets it.
    Did you install on the SD card? If you did, that's why you're getting crashes. You need to install it to the internal memory.
    Nope Installed directly into memory. It used to work, then one day it started resetting. Haven't been able to get it to work since. I'm still using verichat, so it's not a big deal, I just wanted to have this one on as well to try it out.
    Nope Installed directly into memory. It used to work, then one day it started resetting. Haven't been able to get it to work since. I'm still using verichat, so it's not a big deal, I just wanted to have this one on as well to try it out.
    i'm having the same problem. was working great, and then suddenly would reset my phone when i launched it.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
  7.    #247  
    I'd like to get the bottom of this problem (actually two problems).

1). Resets on connecting - Did you do anything right before it stopped working? Add a buddy or something? Do you have a particularly large buddy list?

2). Profiles issue - I will take a closer look at that, seems like something got out of sync.

Also which version are you using?

Thanks in advance,

Tienshiao
  8.    #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by kabuto
    i'm having the same problem. was working great, and then suddenly would reset my phone when i launched it.
    Same questions for you too, kabuto:

Resets on connecting - Did you do anything right before it stopped working? Add a buddy or something? Do you have a particularly large buddy list?

And which version are you using?

Thanks,

Tienshiao
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Same questions for you too, kabuto:

Resets on connecting - Did you do anything right before it stopped working? Add a buddy or something? Do you have a particularly large buddy list?

And which version are you using?

Thanks,

Tienshiao
    running version 10. it actually resets the phone on launch, and my buddy list is 24 people long. i was able to get it to launch without resetting my phone by deleting all the preference files for toccer using filez. launches now.

hope this is helpful.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Dang. I was all excited about switching from Verichat to Toccer. Jumped right in with preview-10. Installed okay and initially connected. Now I get a soft reset everytime that I try to start Toccer. My buddy list has about 100 people on it, of which 30 are typically online.

ps: The smaller file size compared to VC is a big win for me.

pps: Is there supposed to be a program icon for Toccer? In Zlauncher all that I see is a square box
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11.    #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Dang. I was all excited about switching from Verichat to Toccer. Jumped right in with preview-10. Installed okay and initially connected. Now I get a soft reset everytime that I try to start Toccer. My buddy list has about 100 people on it, of which 30 are typically online.

ps: The smaller file size compared to VC is a big win for me.

pps: Is there supposed to be a program icon for Toccer? In Zlauncher all that I see is a square box

Program Icon - not right now.

Regarding your reset - if you don't mind, could you email me the HotSync'd backed up pdb files that start with TOC? Please send it to support@atomiccog.com. It would be really helpful for me. I understand if you're uncomfortable doing that.

Thanks,

Tienshiao
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Program Icon - not right now.

Regarding your reset - if you don't mind, could you email me the HotSync'd backed up pdb files that start with TOC? Please send it to support@atomiccog.com. It would be really helpful for me. I understand if you're uncomfortable doing that.

Thanks,
    Tienshiao
    Happy to help. You have mail.
    Any news on when I can try Toccer again?
  14.    #254  
    Any news on when I can try Toccer again?
    I plan on making a release these next couple of days.

I was aiming for last night, but I didn't get a chance to run through it enough to my satisfaction. Unfortunately I won't have time tonight.

Tienshiao
    Did you learn anything from the files that I sent you?
    I emailed my .pdb files to you as well, just now.
  17.    #257  
    Did you learn anything from the files that I sent you?
    The files appeared to be fine.

I had been working on the problem prior, and added some additional error checking at start up. So when I tested with the new version works (under the simulator).

I have a guess what may be causing it (or I fixed a different issue with the same symptoms). If the "active profile" isn't set correctly, Toccer will crash at start up. I'm not sure how it would get into such a state. This may be a red-herring, as the "active profile" is stored as a preference and is backed up separately from the databases (I assume). So the file you provided would have been missing the "active profile."

It is possible that Toccer is always in a consistent state, and another issue is causing the crash.

Another question: It worked the first time you ran it, but would crash upon later executions. What did you do the first time you ran it? I assume you created the account, and at some point you logged on. Did you do anything else? And did it reset on you after connecting or were you able to log off and exit properly?
    I already had an AOL account. The 1st time that I ran Toccer was right after the installation. It ran fine that 1st time. I did not change anything when I ran Toccer the second time when it started crashing. I was not able to connect again after the initial crash.

The updated program that you emailed me is working perfectly. To the point that I took off Verichat!
    ooh, could I get a copy of this new version emailed to me?
  20.    #260  
    ooh, could I get a copy of this new version emailed to me?
    The new version is now available on the website.

http://www.atomiccog.com/2006/01/26/toccer-preview-11/

The only difference between this version and the version emailed to swieder is the version string indicating that it is preview 11.

Tienshiao