Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by neps
    any changelog for preview 10?
    You should be able to find what you're looking for here:

http://www.atomiccog.com/2005/12/05/toccer-preview-10/

Tienshiao
    The last days I have been getting the following error message: "An error occurred while connecting. Please try again. Error Code: 1" I am using preview 9 on Cingular.

Is anybody else having this problem???
    great program, no problems here on my cingular treo 650.

is there going to be an update that supports clicking on hyperlinks from IM's?

i find it a pain that this doesn't do it, and is probably the only setback that would make this the ultimate treo AIM program.
    Still having the same problem this morning. Did a soft reset no change, I can get to the internet and can retrieve and send email so the connection is solid, just no IM using Toccer, I have not tried any other clients.

Deleted preview 9 from my 600 and installed preview 10 (says it is preview 9) had the same problem. I am using all the defaults. I deleted all of the Toccer files from the 600 and reinstalled preview 9 still get error 1.

Toccer has been real solid for me until a couple of days ago, when this problem started.
    Last edited by sempka; 12/30/2005 at 11:50 AM.
  5.    #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura03
    great program, no problems here on my cingular treo 650.

is there going to be an update that supports clicking on hyperlinks from IM's?

i find it a pain that this doesn't do it, and is probably the only setback that would make this the ultimate treo AIM program.
    Clickable links will be available in the registered version.
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by sempka
    Still having the same problem this morning. Did a soft reset no change, I can get to the internet and can retrieve and send email so the connection is solid, just no IM using Toccer, I have not tried any other clients.

Deleted preview 9 from my 600 and installed preview 10 (says it is preview 9) had the same problem. I am using all the defaults. I deleted all of the Toccer files from the 600 and reinstalled preview 9 still get error 1.

Toccer has been real solid for me until a couple of days ago, when this problem started.

Preview 10 should definitely say preview 10 in the about. I would try again, you can directly download it from: http://www.atomiccog.com/downloads/t...w10/Toccer.prc

A soft reset, and deleting of the app should be more than sufficient to reset Toccer to a clean slate.

I would try preview 10, and then double check to make sure all configuration options are correct.

BTW What other apps are you running that would use the network?

Tienshiao
    I deleted all of the Toccer files, I then did a soft reset and installed preview 10. I then recreated my profile and left everything set to the defaults. First try I again got error 1, second try I got into the network.

The only applications that I have installed that use the network outside of what comes with the 600 from Cingular (email, web, mms, sms) is Eudora, PDAnet and Toccer.

I really like toccer, and until this little problem it had been working.

Thanks
    hey i got a quesiton guys, when i use Toccer, does it count as SMS text messaging or count as using the internet on the phone?

thanks!
    AllYouCanTiff: it's been made quite clear that it is Not working with SMS.

Author: Thanks a gazillion for making this; just yesterday (and everyday before that), I was cursing out Verichat for being a nasty horrible blankety-blank.... No messing with jabber or proxy madness, this guy feels soo much better. And it works!!

-G
    I downloaded toccer and I am curious, when I send and receive messages, does it come off my text messaging charges? Or its part of the unlimited data access?

I don't understand what exactly they give you for unlimited data access for $39.99 a month? Can anyone explain, I bought the palm treo to replace my Sony Ericcson s710a & Sidekick II Combo, should I return the treo before the 14 days is up? and just keep the 2 phones? or is the treo really worth it?

Someone please help, sorry for being annoying.
    Toccer uses data. It is part of your unlimited data access.

Your unlimited data access is just that. Unlimited. You won't be charged per KB or MB. If you find yourself using the web a lot, then you should have an unlimited plan. Just viewing a couple of web pages can blow up to a couple of MB's easily.

In terms of returning the Treo. It is up to you. I would play with the Treo as much as possible and push it to the limits of what you were doing with your previous phones. If you can find a comfort zone with the Treo, then keep it. If you found your previous method more staisfactory then return the Treo. You'll get a more biased opinion on this site

Good luck. Give the Treo a shot. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    Thanx for the reply.

I am starting to find that comfort zone wit the treo 650 after using it a lot this weekend. I downloaded the xiino browser which deff eased a lot of tension.

The toccer program was deff a big help as well. I paid damn $20 for aol 3.3 nd the aim doesn't stay connected ever. Only downnfall Is you need to search hard for free software or else your better off buying it.

Does anyone suggest a good browser maybe better then xiino? Also in toccer how do you clear all the logs without deleting your profile nd how come a buddy list which views on my pc shows a-z but on toccer itd z-a ... is there anyway to fix that without maken the pc list backwards?

Thanx in advance for help
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    As a customer of Verichat I gotta say, great job... I've deleted Verichat from my phone and unless some huge problem comes up from using this app...I don't plan on going back. I paid the "subscription" to Verichat and honestly I haven't been happy with it at all. The 3rd party proxy server has been a royal pain in the behind. I email the guy daily sometimes several times throughout the day to reset it so I can sign onto AIM. Verichat takes up a few hundred more k of space also. It's not worth a subscription fee to run somethign that is a free service. A cost for the application is totally understandable but limiting to a 3rd party server and yearly fee is very annoying.

What I love about toccer:
    -Alerts are structured as actual alerts, seems much more stable than verichat's popup IMs.
    -automatic logging shows up without having to go into a log manager.
    -simplicity is a BEAUTIFUL thing. there is no need for fancy stuff on a mobile phone
    -unlimitted(?) longer custom away messages. Verichat has short away messages and only 3 or 4 allowed.
    -shows idle and online time (verichat doesn't even do this)
    -returning from outside the app, last chat window is displayed

Suggestions...basically small nit-picking:
    -in the details dialog for each buddy, include their away message. This would be great
    -SMS mode option. I know receiving IMs through SMS is a standard feature, I wonder if it's possible to send via SMS as well? this would be ideal for not blocking incoming calls. Definitely a feature for the "registered" version
    -I've noticed that if you are online and receive a call then leave the call, returning to toccer shows the prior buddy list and you are able to act as if nothing had happened when in fact you are really not connected. If there was some way to boot the screen name offline when a phone call was received that would be great. My biggest concern in mobile IM-ing is missing messages that are sent while I am on calls or are simply never delivered due to connectivity issues.
    -move logging to external card
    -options for sorting buddy list (alphabetical or by status)
    -timestamp in non-military time
    -alert bug: i've noticed the same thing. something causes all alerts to get sent to subtle without even making the alert sound. rebooting solved this for me. As I continue to play..I'll find out more of what causes it.

I have a question about always connected AIM via data mode...How do any phone calls come through? In order to be always online doesnt a data connection have to be constantly in touch? I know toccer doesnt block all calls unless you are chatting but I'm curious as to how this works.

Eagerly awaiting future versions Best of luck
    Last edited by machx; 01/13/2006 at 08:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis
    ahh, gotcha. Well, in its current implementation it's not really usable for me, so I think something arbitrarily designed would suffice--e.g., maintain a list of users who you've sent or received messages with, and a timestamp of when the last message (to or fro) occurred and then prune the list when that time exceeds some user-configurable value, maybe 1 hour. I think that's what I really want--A drop-down list I can choose from when I open up the app again after browsing the web/talking on the phone/doing whatever.

I'm not up on how the Palm works from a programmer's standpoint, but I'd imagine you could keep this list in a database on the RAM and prune it on some trigger--maybe every time the user loads the buddy list, and just keep that dropdown available from the buddy list page.

Any other ideas?
    Personally I love the fact that there is no concept of "open IMs" to me open IM windows are just a hassle. I like the way it is.

Just my 2 cents
  15.    #235  
    I've noticed that if you are online and receive a call then leave the call, returning to toccer shows the prior buddy list and you are able to act as if nothing had happened when in fact you are really not connected. If there was some way to boot the screen name offline when a phone call was received that would be great. My biggest concern in mobile IM-ing is missing messages that are sent while I am on calls or are simply never delivered due to connectivity issues.
    This is actually kind of interesting. This is my first hand experience with a GSM device so I can't vouch for CDMA Treos. It appears there is some level of tolerance built into the network. If your phone call is short enough, you won't be disconnected. Either the network does some proxying or buffering, or the server's TCP stack is behaving as it should and retrying/resending (like when you have a flaky network connection, the TCP protocol will handle the errors and you can still surf the web but it's just slower). However, if your phone call is too long, the connection will timeout (too long without any response from the Treo's TCP stack). In those situations, it's a little fuzzy. I think it's a little fuzzy when exactly the AIM server disconnects you, and it's a little fuzzy how quickly the disconnect is propogated through the AIM service itself.

Unfortunately, if your phone is ringing already, it's probably too late to do anything data related like disconnecting.

I have a question about always connected AIM via data mode...How do any phone calls come through? In order to be always online doesnt a data connection have to be constantly in touch? I know toccer doesnt block all calls unless you are chatting but I'm curious as to how this works.
    With GSM phones, phone calls can come through as long as there is no data being actively transferred. With CDMA phones, I'm less clear about how it works exactly but it appears to switch to a data mode when in use, and then switches out of the data mode after an idle period. GSM doesn't appear to have this idle period.

Thanks for you feedback,

Tienshiao
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    any plans to allow clearing of all chat logs? it seems like the app will just continually grow and grow.... and what about logs wtih buddies that are no longer on your list? I'd say you definitely need some way to get grips on the log file size
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by machx
    any plans to allow clearing of all chat logs? it seems like the app will just continually grow and grow.... and what about logs wtih buddies that are no longer on your list? I'd say you definitely need some way to get grips on the log file size
    When you delete a buddy, their logs are also deleted. You can also clear a user's log from the menu in the chat window, however this is a per suer option.

I will consider adding an option to clear all logs.

Thanks for your feedback.

Tienshiao
    great software, only problem i have had with it is that it doesn't support hyperlinks, usually people send me a couple of links a day, to ebay auctions, forum thread, etc. and I hate that I can't click them to view them, copying and pasting them to the browser is a pain, so I've decided not to even try copying and pasting.

Any plans for hyperlinks?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fventura03
    great software, only problem i have had with it is that it doesn't support hyperlinks, usually people send me a couple of links a day, to ebay auctions, forum thread, etc. and I hate that I can't click them to view them, copying and pasting them to the browser is a pain, so I've decided not to even try copying and pasting.
    Any plans for hyperlinks?
    this has been answered previously. Yes in the registered version that Is coming
    Resets my Sprint 650 every time I connect, no matter what. Any Idea why? I've tried removing it completely and starting from scratch, but always the same story. I can run it the first time to enter my user name and password, but it resets when I try to go online. From then on, every attempt to connect resets it.

Also, it won't let me delete a profile. It told me I had to have more than one to delete one of them, so I created another, selected it as default, and tried to delete the first, but it still says the profile i've selected is currently in use and to please disconnect. It was never connected in the first place, and the other profile is selected, but it STILL says this.