Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Does Toccer auto start after reset? Mine doesnt.
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by lanrev
    Looks like changing the port did the trick. Thanks very much for the suggestion.
    Here is another related questions.

Any plans to support .Mac accounts? When I try to connect with my .Mac account I always get an error 12.
    Unfortunately, there are now plans to support .Mac accounts at this time. Supporting .Mac accounts would require replacement of the protocol code, which probably isn't going to happen for a while (or until AOL drops support for TOC2).
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    IF I reset my Treo, Toccer does not restart without me manually launching it and going online. Can it automatically connect or reconnect?

Toccer does not currently restart after a reset. I plan on adding it in the "near" future.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by terevos
    Hmm.. as far as running apps, I am only running Toccer and Intellisync Mobile Suite.

I have Bluetooth turned on, IR is on - but that's all I'm aware of.
    Hrmm.

Can you walk me through the steps that causes it to reset. Maybe you're using it differently than how I use it (probably not).

I'll try to check with others that have the same issue, to see if there is something in common.

Thanks in advance,

Tienshiao
    Has anyone tried this with T-Zones? I know alot of IM clients don't work with it. (I was forced to use Verichat, because it was the only client that worked with the T-Zones proxy thing).
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    The same. I don't believe it's due to the T-Mo proxy: I can access AIM via my PC via Treo 600 using the same proxy, no error.
    Does it take a long time before it comes back with that error? Maybe a different port (under the connection profile) will work for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-cain
    Does it take a long time before it comes back with that error? Maybe a different port (under the connection profile) will work for you?
    Yes it does; but changing the port number did not work. I used 3166, 3018, 3021.

If anyone can verify that this does inded work with the T-Mobile proxy, please share your settings.
    Toccer resets the Treo 650 on me as well. If I leave it connected and goto the Phone app, instant reset every time. Infact, if I goto the Home section, also instant reset..

I don't have any third party apps running at the time, but there are some inactive on my card. I'm also running Toccer from my card, if that matters..

Crashes with both bluetooth on and off..

K, just moved Toccer to the Palm memory and it doesn't crash! So there ya go.
    Last edited by neps; 10/25/2005 at 10:50 AM.
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
    Quote Originally Posted by neps
    Toccer resets the Treo 650 on me as well. If I leave it connected and goto the Phone app, instant reset every time. Infact, if I goto the Home section, also instant reset..

I don't have any third party apps running at the time, but there are some inactive on my card. I'm also running Toccer from my card, if that matters..

Crashes with both bluetooth on and off..

K, just moved Toccer to the Palm memory and it doesn't crash! So there ya go.

Excellent! I just installed Toccer to my internal memory and that fixed me as well. It looks like Toccer can't run on the external card, eh?
  10.    #190  
    I take it for granted that people run apps off an external card (I don't use _that_ many third party apps) and forget to ask them to run Toccer out of internal memory. Since Toccer runs in the background, it really needs to run from internal memory.

I'll make a note of that on the website. It'll probably save all of us some headaches.

Thanks for the feedback.

Tienshiao
    I was hoping to be able to access AIM chatrooms via Toccer - is this possible either now or soon? If not, are there any other similar programs that will allow you to access chat rooms with the treo? Thanks!!!
    I'd love to see jabber support added so i could use google talk. That require a whole other client though
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Ar-Cain,

from time to time, my alerts don't sound in Toccer. If I then go in to the preferences to check them, my Treo resets. I have deleated preview 9 and gone back to preview 7 but still had the issue. I uninstalled Toccer, reset the device, and reinstalled preview 9. This was yesterday. I thought that I had the problem whooped -- thought I had a rouge preference or something -- but now the problem has resurfaced. It seems to happen when Toccer has been running for a while in background, but no chatting going on. Any ideas? BTW, Treo 650, GSM Cingular branded. Thanks.
    Hmm, maybe I missed something but I have a question-

How do you find the list of currently-open IM sessions? Right now, if someone IMs me when I'm outside of the app, and I go back into it, I have no way of telling *who* IM'ed me unless they happen to be a user in one of my currently-expanded buddy lists and then I see "(1 new)" but that's not very practical since I usually only have 1 or 2 of my buddy groups expanded at a time.

(version 0.9 preview 9)
    Last edited by spirilis; 10/31/2005 at 06:32 AM.
  15.    #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpja
    Ar-Cain,

from time to time, my alerts don't sound in Toccer. If I then go in to the preferences to check them, my Treo resets. I have deleated preview 9 and gone back to preview 7 but still had the issue. I uninstalled Toccer, reset the device, and reinstalled preview 9. This was yesterday. I thought that I had the problem whooped -- thought I had a rouge preference or something -- but now the problem has resurfaced. It seems to happen when Toccer has been running for a while in background, but no chatting going on. Any ideas? BTW, Treo 650, GSM Cingular branded. Thanks.
    I know from time to time I have alerts sounds that get cut off (not just in Toccer). It may be related to that. Is it sporadic? or is it permanently broken once it happens once?

I'll log the bug, and review the pertinent code.
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by miketreo650
    I was hoping to be able to access AIM chatrooms via Toccer - is this possible either now or soon? If not, are there any other similar programs that will allow you to access chat rooms with the treo? Thanks!!!
    I've not looked into chatrooms, so I suspect that it is not possible. It probably won't be added in the new future.
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by spirilis
    Hmm, maybe I missed something but I have a question-

How do you find the list of currently-open IM sessions? Right now, if someone IMs me when I'm outside of the app, and I go back into it, I have no way of telling *who* IM'ed me unless they happen to be a user in one of my currently-expanded buddy lists and then I see "(1 new)" but that's not very practical since I usually only have 1 or 2 of my buddy groups expanded at a time.

(version 0.9 preview 9)
    I guess part of the issue is that there is no concept of "currently open IM sessions".

From the alert, you should be able to choose the right most button ("Go to" or something similar), which will take you directly to the buddy.
    I guess part of the issue is that there is no concept of "currently open IM sessions".

From the alert, you should be able to choose the right most button ("Go to" or something similar), which will take you directly to the buddy.
    ahh, gotcha. Well, in its current implementation it's not really usable for me, so I think something arbitrarily designed would suffice--e.g., maintain a list of users who you've sent or received messages with, and a timestamp of when the last message (to or fro) occurred and then prune the list when that time exceeds some user-configurable value, maybe 1 hour. I think that's what I really want--A drop-down list I can choose from when I open up the app again after browsing the web/talking on the phone/doing whatever.

I'm not up on how the Palm works from a programmer's standpoint, but I'd imagine you could keep this list in a database on the RAM and prune it on some trigger--maybe every time the user loads the buddy list, and just keep that dropdown available from the buddy list page.

Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I know from time to time I have alerts sounds that get cut off (not just in Toccer). It may be related to that. Is it sporadic? or is it permanently broken once it happens once?

I'll log the bug, and review the pertinent code.
    It does seem to be sporadic, though the longer I go without a soft reset, the more likely the problem is to arise. Other alarms do seem affected.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpja
    It does seem to be sporadic, though the longer I go without a soft reset, the more likely the problem is to arise. Other alarms do seem affected.

Thanks
    I might know what you're talking about... occasionally I hear an SMS come in and the ringtone gets cut off after a split second. Then others come in and the ringtone plays full length.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast