1.    #1  
    I have a Verizon 650. BT apparently "works" (I can use my headset, although the range is terrible) and I can pair it with my powerbook, but when I do all the checkboxes (allow syncing, use as modem, etc) are greyed out.

What I would like to do is dial the mobile from my addressbook.

I have seen people complain that DUN was disabled by Verizon. Is everything else disabled as well? Or am I missing a setting to at least make this work?

Thanks for any help anyone can give,
    d
    are you trying to pair your headset with your laptop so you can make calls on your treo?
    or am i just really really confused?
  3.    #3  
    Well one of us is confused but it could be me. Yes I pair my headset with my mac too (I use it with iChat) but that is not relevant here.

I can use my headset with my 650 no problem (well apart from the 650's crappy bluetooth range). And I can pair my treo and my powerbook, although I can't seem to do anything with this pairing.

So my problem: if you open Address Book.app you'll see a bluetooth button next to the little icons that change the view. You click there to pair to a phone.

But then if you view someone's card you can click on a phonenumber (click on the label: work, mobile, etc). On my machine the only non-greyed-out possibility is "large type" which is cool, but not cool enough. I'd like to be able to send an SMS or dial my phone. Then the phone could stay in my pocket and I could make calls by having the PB tell the phone to dial and then talking on my headset as normal. I'd like to send SMSs as well.

So anyway: has Vorizon crippled _this_ too? If so, what a bunch of creepy lamers.
    Nah, it's Palm. The Treo doesn't really support all the BT functionality it could.

That said, my wife's K750i doesn't work with addressbook.app properly either, and it does support all kinds of BT functionality.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeSIMS
    Nah, it's Palm. The Treo doesn't really support all the BT functionality it could.
    That's so lame. What profile is needed (so I can look for in with my next phone)?

Thanks for letting me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    That's so lame. What profile is needed (so I can look for in with my next phone)?

From the Palmone Support Knowledge Base:
    Bluetooth wireless features and profiles on Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby

It's not a specific thing supported by a profile, it's that some phones have it accessible and other's don't. I believe some SE's do, and if it's connected it also pops up on your screen with the name and number if you get a call.

3rd party programs like bluephoneelite might work, check it out, it adds functionality to the phones that apple does not support.