1.    #1  
    I stopped by the Cingular store with my daughter the other day. She was getting a new phone. They told her that MediaNet unlimted was $19.95/month. I said, "Really? I just added it 2 months ago and it was $24.95." She said, "No problem. Let me fix that." She got onto the computer, dropped the old plan, added the new one. Power off the phone, power it back on, free $5 per month. But you have to ASK to get it changed.

Sorry if this is common knowledge around here, but I didn't see it in a quick scan of the threads.
    Yeah, they lowered it back down two months ago give or take.

This probably belongs in the GSM forum.
    Probably because it has nothing to do with Treo's.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Probably because it has nothing to do with Treo's.
    Of course it does. It just belongs in the GSM forum. Media Net has everything to do with Treos since it's one of the data plans people use on their Treo. It's also a very debating topic since it's technically not meant for the Treo but costs less than the unlimited PDA plan. Many people want and it added to their plans and often ask about it to see how it's done and if there might be any adverse effects in adding it.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I just called Cingular and they said the price has not dropped on the unlimited but that was the price of the Works package which includes 5mg limit. You may want to watch you bill closely.

rob
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I just called Cingular and they said the price has not dropped on the unlimited but that was the price of the Works package which includes 5mg limit. You may want to watch you bill closely.

rob
    The rep you spoke with was misinformed. Both the MEdiaWorks and the MEnet unlimited plans are 19.99 now. The plan changed on June 1st. When I called on June 1st to switch the rep I spoke with didn't think anything had changed either, but I insisted and he put me on hold to check with someone else, then came back and changed it for me.

Brett
    yea welcome to last month
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Cingular is not intending Media Net to be for Treos. It is for cellphones that are not PDAs. The Data Connect plan is for the Treo (44.99). Some Cingular folks are still confused about this and keep providing Media Net for Treos, and it works too. Media Works is not unlimited anymore.

https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Works does have a 5MB d/l limit and unlimited text messaging, but I don't text message. Net is unlimited.

Yeah, Cingular tried to sell me their $45/mo Data Connect plan, and told me that VersaMail wouldn't work with Medianet. But I had read here first that it works, and told the rep, "fine, I'll just check my e-mail over the web." But of course VM and everything else work just fine. The sales people will just say anything!

Sorry to be resurrecting old news, and only relevant to Cing users, but for those occassional forum browsers who missed it (or who are still under the mistaken impression that Media net won't work on their 650), there you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    The Data Connect plan is for the Treo (44.99).
    It's $39.99
    So media net works just as well for Treos and it's only 19.99 vs. the unlimited data plan for 44.99. The question is, do AT&T folks have the option to use media net?