Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I have been using a Blackberry for several years on my T-Mobile account. I want to stay with T-Mobile because the plan I am on suits me well (3,000 anytime minutes for 49.99 with 100 SMS / month). But, it only includes 7 surrounding states for long distance. However, this plan is just what I need for my mobile calling usage and I don't travel much outside my zone.

My cousin has a Treo 650 which he has used with Cingular. He is willing to sell it to me (along with some nice accessories) for a fair price, compared to new or Ebay listings.

The phone is locked. I read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...l+cingular+650 and wanted to make sure that it would be possible for me to buy this phone and get it unlocked for use with my wireless provider by following these instructions. I'm just unclear as to whether or not that thread is for a firmware upgrade or actually allows for compatability with T-Mobile. Both are GMS networks.

I've searched this forum for "unlock 650" and "Treo 650 T-Mobile" and most of what I have found suggests that unlocking the phone is done by calling Cingular and getting an unlock code for international travel.

Dazed and confused as to whether or not I would be buying a paper weight or not.

Thanks so very much.

Dim-Ize
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    I have been using a Blackberry for several years on my T-Mobile account. I want to stay with T-Mobile because the plan I am on suits me well (3,000 anytime minutes for 49.99 with 100 SMS / month). But, it only includes 7 surrounding states for long distance. However, this plan is just what I need for my mobile calling usage and I don't travel much outside my zone.

My cousin has a Treo 650 which he has used with Cingular. He is willing to sell it to me (along with some nice accessories) for a fair price, compared to new or Ebay listings.

The phone is locked. I read this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...l+cingular+650 and wanted to make sure that it would be possible for me to buy this phone and get it unlocked for use with my wireless provider by following these instructions. I'm just unclear as to whether or not that thread is for a firmware upgrade or actually allows for compatability with T-Mobile. Both are GMS networks.

I've searched this forum for "unlock 650" and "Treo 650 T-Mobile" and most of what I have found suggests that unlocking the phone is done by calling Cingular and getting an unlock code for international travel.

Dazed and confused as to whether or not I would be buying a paper weight or not.

Thanks so very much.

Dim-Ize
    ive been trying for days to get a rep to give me the code.

they keep coming back to i need a reciept showing i paid full price, otherwise no chance. this i understand is a recent policy change to tone down ebay sales im told.

i did get some at&t rep to give me a code but it wasnt correct. he was clueless.

Anyone have a good phone number to try to get another clueless person?